Sign in to follow this  
Hawdian

Late Eid Mubarak And Welcome To the Somali Men Private Club.

Apophis;982457 wrote:
I hinted at this in the pm but it clearly didn't stick so let me be blunt: I'm not into “let us qurbo-jog meet when we're in Africa" bullshyt so stop trying to map my movements. Plus I have a distinct feeling you're a CIA mole.

lool asking where you moved to is a big stretch from "lets meet up"... quite the jumper aren't ya? CIA mole thats flattering. Let me correct myself ambiguity and paranoia r your biggest asset.

Ibtisam   

LOOOL @ run for politics! Safferz I think Somali men can't help joining politics- thanks.

Tallabo- Leave fat people alone

Somali P: I dont like what the Turks are doing the horn- and I'd rather pay from my pocket then take a scholarship from them or the Irainains- we are being recolonized by them- and their grip on the Somali education sector is starting to scary me. Little kids singing the Turkish national anthem, dont know how to write Somali or even Arabic.

Tallaabo   

Safferz;982456 wrote:
Tallaabo leave them alone dee, I love seeing people working on their health and getting into shape, regardless of size. I cheer for them in my head when I see
larger people
outside running and being active
:)

They cause tremors which can register as high as 7 on the Richter scale

Tallaabo   

*Ibtisam;982461 wrote:
LOOOL @ run for politics! Safferz I think Somali men can't help joining politics- thanks.

Tallabo- I dont like what the Turks are doing the horn- and I'd rather pay from my pocket then take a scholarship from them or the Irainains- we are being recolonized by them- and their grip on the Somali education sector is starting to scary me. Little kids singing the Turkish national anthem, dont know how to write Somali or even Arabic.

And the French want to join the re-colonisation club too as they want French language taught in our schools. Caruurtu waabay ku carrab beelaysaa luqaddaa foosha xun.

Safferz   

Tallaabo;982464 wrote:
And the French want to join the re-colonisation club too as they want French language taught in our schools. Caruurtu waabay ku carrab beelaysaa luqaddaa foosha xun.

Hmm interesting, do you have more info on this? Where do they want French taught? French is a useful language to know depending on where you are, but I would hope Somalis prioritize English for second language learning.

Ibtisam   

I thought the French were staying in DJ- they are not in Somaliland- can't imagine they are ducking bullets in flipflops like the turks in South either

Tallaabo   

*Ibtisam;982468 wrote:
I thought the French were staying in DJ- they are not in Somaliland- can't imagine they are ducking bullets in flipflops like the turks in South either

They came to Somaliland a number of times and have explicitly said they want to promote the French language and culture.

Ibtisam   

Great we are going to have a new generation who speaks Somali, write Turkish, Farsi, French, English and mixes it all up. lol

IT will take them a while to actually get to doing anything in Somali context. Plus they are still recovering and struggling with the North Africans

Safferz   

Tallaabo;982470 wrote:
They came to Somaliland a number of times and have explicitly said they want to promote the French language and culture.

I'm a biased Canadian on this, but I don't think French being offered in schools is a bad thing. It opens a lot of doors, but since English is the more important language internationally, I hope Somaliland puts more emphasis on English. I was a little surprised by the limited English skills university students back home had, and schools like the University of Hargeisa claim to instruct students in English. It wasn't too long ago that students like my parents were able to become fluent English speakers without ever leaving Hargeisa.

Apophis;982467 wrote:
You're the expert on (French style) deconstruction so please break it down for me exactly where I have been ambigious in the post prior to yours claiming the aforementioned charge.

And a mole would throw “paranoid" charge around; it's not unexpected.

Yeah i got you. you are very ambiguous somewhere over there.

Now dont overstretch again and mistake all ambiguity for wit now...

Tallaabo   

Safferz;982474 wrote:
I'm a biased Canadian on this, but I don't think French being offered in schools is a bad thing. It opens a lot of doors, but since English is the more important language internationally, I hope Somaliland puts more emphasis on English. I was a little surprised by the limited English skills university students back home had, and schools like the University of Hargeisa claim to instruct students in English. It wasn't too long ago that students like my parents were able to become fluent English speakers without ever leaving Hargeisa.

Somaliland used to have a number of high quality schools like Sheikh which were very similar to the private schools in Britain. Those schools also had a lot of British and Indian teachers.

I don't like the way the French peddle around their language to feel a sense of superiority.

Safferz   

Tallaabo;982477 wrote:
Somaliland used to have a number of high quality schools like Sheikh which were very similar to the private schools in Britain. Those schools also had a lot of British and Indian teachers.

I don't like the way the French peddle around their language to feel a sense of superiority.

Yes, but they didn't even go to the old 'elite' high schools - my dad went to 1st July Secondary School, which is now the University of Hargeisa I believe, and my mom went to a girls' boarding school in Berbera and then a high school in Xamar. Hope things get back to that point.

The French are snobs about their language, you're right. They even make fun of our French in Canada :mad: It's a language that is growing outside of France, and most French speakers are in Africa, so it makes sense that they're trying to extend their influence in the Horn too.

It's almost noon here, so time for me to head to the library and get some work done. Will return to crash this bro-mantic thread periodically.

Khayr   

Safferz;982474 wrote:

Yeah, they learned Af ingriis through the www. lol

French and English are terrible languages. They borrow a lot from Latin.

Safferz;982466 wrote:
Hmm interesting, do you have more info on this? Where do they want French taught? French is a useful language to know depending on where you are,
but I would hope Somalis prioritize English for second language learning

With Somalia being a Muslim country I would think Arabic would be prioritized as a second language. We've seen what the English language has done to other Muslim countries and that is dilute its identity.