Sign in to follow this  
Hawdian

Late Eid Mubarak And Welcome To the Somali Men Private Club.

Tallaabo   

*Ibtisam;982411 wrote:
9am!! wow lol. It is 4.20pm in sunny Hargeisa. Almost a day done and my application still not done. yiiiks- I am applying for my Phd, but I am figuring if it is taking me so long to write the application- I should probably not do it. lol

I miss exercising-
I started this work out called Insanity- check it out on Youtube- normally military workout
. but I gave up after a week- requires eating too much food to maintain the energy for high intense workout.

Is this the new craze plighting our public parks in London where unscrupulous fitness trainers turn what is supposed to be a public space into their training grounds and ruin the peace and tranquillity of the place?

Ibtisam   

I'd like to try Giraffe meat! I imagine like everything else- it taste like chicken :D

Tallabo! lol I dont think so- it is pretty intense- doubt anyone will wanna do it publicly-

here is a clip

Safferz   

*Ibtisam;982436 wrote:
^^^^^9 SCHOOOLS OH my GOD! lol you was really driven and dedicated! I am applying to ONE! if I get in and the scholarship as well then I will decide whether to do it next year or push it back. Can't imagine applying to 9!- doing one is time consuming enough-

Thanks I will- I think I read somewhere you are in the field of history!? Interesting
:)
Are you enjoying it? any regrets or pulling your hair out yet?

Not sure about exercise shop- you saw one? I dont tent to venture out much- even my office is inside my house- but they've opened a gym right across the road- I can see the sign. Been told it is good- keep meaning to cross the road and check- but time- no time for anything in life.

8-10 applications is average, and some people apply to even more! I'm not sure how the UK compares, but in the US and Canada, PhD admissions are extremely competitive because programs are always funded. So while British schools accept many and fund very few, the US and Canada only admit the number of students they will fund. I aimed for the best schools in history knowing the academic job market and the (unfortunate) importance of pedigree and advisor name, so I wanted to also apply widely to improve my chances. Alhamdulillah I was accepted at 7 of 9, and the two I didn't get into were the lowest ranked ones I applied to and didn't actually want to go to, so I'm not mad lol. Being a PhD student is stressful, but I'm enjoying it so much and I can't imagine doing anything else.

Yes, I wish I could remember where it was exactly. Suuqa hoose maybe? I bought a soccer ball there to give some kids back in the tuulo in Ethiopia I was doing research in, because they were playing with a flat one and had no pump lol.

Apophis;982443 wrote:
Is avocado classed as meat now? And it tasted, surprisingly, like Giraffe meat.

ambiguity is your biggest asset huh? And carnivore is a restaurant in Kenya that serves giraffe meat.

Hawdian   

Apophis;982429 wrote:
I ate Giraffe meat today and washed it down with a couple of glasses of ice cold Avocado juice. Definitely worth the money.

I am Proud To Say thats How a SMPCMember eat . Only the Best.

Note: Sheikh Isak,Sheik Dawud(Dar--d) Sheikh Hawiyaa, SheikSam,,o.ruun, Sheikh Iss, And Sheik Arab.

Have All being given Honorary Membership.To Show Our Members How much We care.

These Above Sheikhs also Have a message To All Members and all saamales: To Forgive Eachother, Unite, And to be brothers Just like When These Sheikhs Lived ;) cool: :cool:

Safferz;982433 wrote:
I was joking dee, you're still my favourite
:D
How can I break up with someone who references Ngugi and Fanon? And I like you even more for seeing what everyone else missed about my comments in that awful thread.

This one is for SP...

:rolleyes:

Safferz;982433 wrote:
I was joking dee, you're still my favourite
How can I break up with someone who references Ngugi and Fanon? And I like you even more for seeing what everyone else missed about my comments in that awful thread.

This one is for SP...

:rolleyes:

Ibtisam   

Safferz- that is wonderful- congratulations- We are a little different- it is easy to get into the institutions but extremely difficult to then find funding. So most be find the funding and then find what ever institution you want and providing you can find someone with interest in that institution to tutor you, then you are good to go.

Most European Universities- including the very best are always looking for Phd on most African and Aisan countries when it comes to development - Somalia is also a recent obsession- so they are welcoming but finding funding is still challenging.

Tallaabo   

*Ibtisam;982441 wrote:
I'd like to try Giraffe meat! I imagine like everything else- it taste like chicken

Tallabo! lol I dont think so- it is pretty intense- doubt anyone will wanna do it publicly-
here is a clip

This exactly what those fitness trainers tell their descends of fat @ss clients to do in London's public parks. And I am sure they don't pay any tax on their income:mad:

Safferz   

*Ibtisam;982449 wrote:
Safferz- that is wonderful- congratulations- We are a little different- it is easy to get into the institutions but extremely difficult to then find funding. So most be find the funding and then find what ever institution you want and providing you can find someone with interest in that institution to tutor you, then you are good to go.

Most European Universities- including the very best are always looking for Phd on most African and Aisan countries when it comes to development - Somalia is also a recent obsession- so they are welcoming but finding funding is still challenging.

Best of luck with your application, we definitely need more Somali academics as a counterpoint to Western narratives of Somali politics, history, development, whatever it may be. Academics who don't go on sabbatical and try to run for president, I mean :P

Tallaabo   

Apophis;982429 wrote:
I ate Giraffe meat today and washed it down with a couple of glasses of ice cold Avocado juice. Definitely worth the money.

Nice;) I ate giraffe meat as a little boy. I also ate ostrich meat, deer meat, a lot of sakaaro(don't know its English term), and rabbits(very delicious)

Safferz   

Tallaabo;982452 wrote:
This exactly what those fitness trainers tell their descends of fat @ss clients to do in London's public parks. And I am sure they don't pay any tax on their income:mad:

Tallaabo leave them alone dee, I love seeing people working on their health and getting into shape, regardless of size. I cheer for them in my head when I see larger people outside running and being active :)

But you're right, boot camp style stuff is the trend right now. Here in the States,

are getting really popular, almost cult-ish in its fan base.

Tallaabo   

Tallaabo;982455 wrote:
Nice;) I ate giraffe meat as a little boy. I also ate ostrich meat, deer meat, a lot of sakaaro(don't know its English term), and rabbits(very delicious)

Oh I forgot to add humans meat too;) I used to bite people when I was a child:p

Haatu   

Tallaabo;982452 wrote:

I absolutely love London parks. They're so beautiful.

This is my local one:

490988423_42d7dc24a9.jpg

Lampton_Park,_London_Borough_of_Hounslow

Apo, I can't stand Avocado juice. Everyone there seems to love it.