Sign in to follow this  
Tallaabo

Will Nuraddin Farah win this years's Nobel prize in literature?

i didn't expressly say he has habits. i was merely making references to his polished life. no doubt, a result of getting rich off the backs of the people, he continually denigrates for western audiences.

Alpha Blondy;979065 wrote:
i didn't expressly say he has habits. i was merely making references to his polished life. no doubt, a result of getting rich off the backs of the people, he continually denigrates for western audiences.

Have you read the man's work? I doubt it...

How is he getting rich off the backs of anyone?

Alfaoow of late you seem to have something against old Somalis inaar; first Hibo Nura, now Nuruddin my Loogfoot abti...

Haatu   

Heh! lol at him winning. I know and live near one of his siblings and he visits the area from time to time. Never once have I even bothered to see him.

Safferz   

OdaySomali;979099 wrote:
Is there anywhere we can vote for him? If so link pleaese thanks in advance

No, Nobel Prizes are selected by the Swedish Academy, after a pretty intense nomination and review process.

Tallaabo   

Haatu;979129 wrote:
Heh! lol at him winning. I know and live near one of his siblings and he visits the area from time to time. Never once have I even bothered to see him.

I understand that. I too never idolise people whatever their status or achievement and I treat everyone the same way. But when Somalis win international prizes and recognition, their achievement helps mitigate the very bad reputation we Somalis have got nowadays.

Haatu;979129 wrote:

Why not abti? You should have gone with a book for an autograph...I'd recommend Maps for you...

Haatu   

QansaxMeygaag;979240 wrote:
Why not abti? You should have gone with a book for an autograph...I'd recommend
Maps
for you...

I don't really see the value in that kind of stuff, but hey to each his own.

This guy is from a talented family from what I know. His sibling is very funny, can play the kaban and is a decent poet. The sibling makes poems for their children dissing playfully each in turn. Very amusing :D

Safferz   

*bump*

Eagerly awaiting the Nobel Committee for Literature's announcement tomorrow (1pm in Sweden). Fingers crossed for Assia Djebar and Nuruddin Farah, though I don't think an African writer will take it this year :(

It will be between Svetlana Alexievich, Alice Munro, and Haruki Murakami. That's if you're a betting man! Nuradin and the Algerian lady, Imalayen aka Djebar can wait another year.