Sign in to follow this  
BOB

Who's The Best Player In The World?

BOB   

A lot people would scream Messi without even thinking about the question thoroughly and even though they may have a point I don’t agree with the idea of Messi being the undisputed best player in the world like Ronaldo was in the season he scored that ridiculous 42 goals which is not something that he will never ever repeat (I could be wrong and I hope I am).

Man Utd are not the same without Ronaldo and they will never be no matter how hard the English media try to make us believe that Rooney can replace him by providing the goals that he did but if you look hard and closely you’ll realize that he’s not even half as good as Ronaldo and don’t even get me started with Berbatov.

Can you say the same thing about Messi? Of course Barca wont be as strong without Messi but you can’t say they will completely look an ordinary team unlike the Manchester Utd minus Ronaldo that we see today.

In my opinion the player who makes Barca what its isn’t the one that gets all the credit, in fact he’s so soft spoken he doesn’t even like to talk to the media, he’s modest and he wears number 6 and not number 10 and his name is Xavi Hernandez.

He epitomises everything Barca supposed to represent and the man’s vision is out of this world, you will notice the difference in Barca’s play when he’s not at his usual best and dictating play and this is a man who does it both for club and country unlike both Messi and Ronaldo...

Xavi is my choice but I think it's safe to say that Messi will walk away with it just because he makes those mesmerizing runs which most of the times fail to materialize or end up halted with a cynical foul but ask yourself this.

What more does Messy have other than dribbles that are not even as magical as his predecessor in Ronaldinho? He's predictable if you ask me and I believe a certain Jose Bosingwa would agree with me but can you predict what Xavi is going to do next or where his next pass will go to.

Zidane once said...I like to play the simple pass over the uncertain one because I've realized it's those that win you matches.

I'm looking forward to hearing from all of you...

Peace, Love & Unity.

NGONGE   

I agree on Messi but disagree on Xavi. Barca does not rely on him alone. Xavi is no good without Iniesta and Iniesta is no good without Xavi. Barca only really click when those two are playing and will miss either of the two should they leave the club (but not miss Messi or the others as much).

Ronaldo is a great player but he did play for United and had an entire team geared towards getting the best out of him. In addition, he can't be compared to Rooney because they don't even play in the same position.

Of course, the BEST player in the world has been and shall always remain Stevie G (Torres coming a close second).

P.S.

I rate Fat Frank higher than Messi.

BOB   

^^^and Benitez must be the greatest manager in the world for beating Man Utd, isn't he? come on make it a clean sweep for the lads PLEASE? :D

Peace, Love & Unity.

BOB   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

Ronaldo is a great player but he did play for United and had an entire team geared towards getting the best out of him. In addition, he can't be compared to Rooney because they don't even play in the same position.

I agree with you on that but Alex is doing the same thing for Rooney now and clearly it's not working and it won't work simply because Rooney has never been and never will be as good as Ronaldo...

If an Arsenal fan can admit that surely a Liverpool fan can do so as well especially knowing that he never scored against them. smile.gif

Peace, Love & Unity.

NGONGE   

I think Rooney is a good player but I agree that he is not in the same class as Ronaldo. He's too much of an honest thug to ever reach those heights.

P.S.

I was serious about Stevie G (but maybe not Toress - great player that he is and all). :D

Haatu   

I have to agree with NGONGE on the Iniesta thing... but come on guys.. lets tell each other the truth.. They're NOTHING compared to Fabulous Fab.

BOB   

I think both of you guys are over estimating the role of Iniesta here when it comes to running the engine of Barca because first and foremost he’s relatively a new comer compared to Xavi who believe it or not used to play with Guardiola and according to Guardiola himself its Xavi who he’s handed the baton to and by that I mean the responsibility of being the playmaker of Barca, however that doesn’t mean just because he’s catalan he’s had an easy passage to the first team. I remember him being trusted with the role of running the show when he was just barely out of his teens and i think it was Luis Van Gaal who gave him his first break and at that time Barca had the likes of Figo, Amor, Nadal, Zubizareta, Cocu the De Boers and Kluivert...a legends in every way possible says a lot about this diminutive little magician.

Iniesta is technically superior to Xavi but then again you could argue that David Ginola was far more superior dribbler than Zidane and yet we all know which one we would prefer to have on our side.

Xavi played alongside some of the greatest players the world has ever known and to know that he was there for a merit says a whole lot about the type of player he is unlike a certain Ologuer who got to play for Barca simply because he was born Catalan.

Peace, Love & Unity.

N.O.R.F   

ggerrard.jpg

Real Madrid star Kaka today spoke of his admiration for Steven Gerrard – claiming the Liverpool captain has the 'heart of a lion.'

The duo have gone head-to-head in two Champions League finals in recent years, and Kaka admits that the Reds' No.8 has left a lasting impression.

"England have always had individually strong players and I am a huge fan of Stevie Gerrard," said the Brazil midfielder.

"He has the heart of a lion and is the icon of the modern footballer with his ability to attack and defend so well."

Legend!

^Can we add the retired on this list? If so, the one and only Zinedine Zidane is the best player ever! Simple. No muran. No discussion. Case closed. Finito.

WingA   

After reading some of the stuff mentioned here, i will have to go with Cesc Fabrigas and i know its throw some stick my way but i just love the way that boy plays football..

Considering he's age and meeting him personally.. Getting so close to the champions league before Ronaldo and Messi "injured for the final against arsenal by the way" He's a fantastic player and a good personality too.. A real londoner too..

Exact from wiki,

Fàbregas started his career as a trainee with Barcelona but was signed by Arsenal in September 2003 at the age of 16. Following injuries to key midfielders in the 2004–05 season, he established himself as Arsenal's starting central midfielder and playmaker. He went on to break several of the club's records, earning a reputation as one of the best young players for his position of his generation.

Honours

Arsenal

* FA Cup: 2005

* FA Community Shield: 2004

International

* UEFA European Championship: 2008

Individual

* FIFA U-17 World Championship Golden Shoe: 2003

* FIFA U-17 World Championship Golden Ball: 2003

* UEFA European Under-17 Football Championship

Golden Player: 2004

* Bravo Award: 2006

* UEFA Team of the Year: 2006, 2008

* Premier League Player of the Month: January 2007, September 2007

* ESM Team of the Month: September-October-November 2007

* PFA Young Player of the Year: 2007–08

* PFA Team of the Year: 2007–08

* UEFA Team of the Tournament: 2008

and he'll get player of the season for 2009/10 with a few more..

Oh and did i mention he is the captain of Arsenal FC too..

Cesc, You got my VOTE!!

Somalina   

The best player in the world is Ibra...no player can match his talent...a complete and unselfish player...

Messi is the FIFA player of the year...and he truly deserves it..

The best forward is Ibrahimovic...hands down...

Ronaldo has amazing skills and he is young...but he needs to learn how to trust his team mates...cool down on his anger issues....he cries everytime someone touches him....

By the way Henry out ranks Ronaldo as the best player..

Barcelona has the best top 3 players of this century...hands down...

BOB   

One of the GREATEST injustices of Football in the last decade was Thierry Henry did not win neither Ballon D'or nor Fifa World Player.

Players are chosen for their individual brilliance as this is an individual award so with that in mind check his stats for the last decade and tell me if there's any player who has scored as many goals as he has never mind more and Arsenal as a club enjoyed a great deal of success in that period and won some silverware that would never have been possible without the contribution of the greatest gunner of all time but today I am glad that he can finally say I've won every major honour there is to win in football after all football is a team sport and just because he lost Ballon D'or to Nedved,Deco does not mean that they are anywhere near him never mind being better than him and that does not make him any less valuable.

I laughed when the English media said that his image and reputation was forever tarnished because of one incident the same way they said Zidane's legacy was tarnished but the funniest of all was a clown called Cascarino who called him insincere now this is a man who went on to play for Ireland over 50 times while having no links to Ireland whatsoever neither by blood nor by birth yet he has the nerve to label Henry insincere. The hypocrisy of the English media is laughable because these are the same clowns who crucified Eduardo and Ngog for diving and labeled them Cheats while turned the other cheek when Rooney and Gerrard have taken far worse tumbles against Villa and Blackburn respectively...what did the English media call them...Cheeky. If you're a foreigner you're a Cheat but if you're an English you're Cheeky. :D I can't wait for them to fail at the world cup AGAIN. ;)

Back To The Legend: Thierry Henry

This is what he has won in his illustrious career.

Monaco:

Ligue 1: 1996–97

French Super Cup: 1997

Arsenal:

FA Premier League: 2001–02, 2003–04

FA Cup: 2001–02, 2002–03, 2004–05

FA Community Shield: 2002, 2004

Barcelona:

La Liga: 2008–09

Copa del Rey: 2008–09

UEFA Champions League: 2008–09

Supercopa de España: 2009

UEFA Super Cup: 2009

FIFA Club World Cup: 2009

France National Team:

FIFA World Cup: 1998

UEFA European Football Championship: 2000

FIFA Confederations Cup: 2003

Individual:

UEFA Football Championship Team of the Tournament: 2000

Confederations Cup top goalscorer: 2003

Confederations Cup Golden Ball: 2003

FIFA World Cup All-Star Team: 2006

Ligue 1 Young Player of the Year: 1996–97

PFA Players' Player of the Year: 2002–03, 2003–04

European Golden Boot: 2004, 2005

Premier League top scorer: 2001–02, 2003–04, 2004–05, 2005–06.

Onze d'Or: 2003, 2006

PFA Team of the Year: 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006

FWA Footballer Of The Year: 2002–03, 2003–04, 2005–06

World XI Striker: 2006

UEFA Team of the Year: 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2006

French Player of the Year: 2000, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006

English Football Hall of Fame: 2008

Goal of the Season (UK): 2003

Barclays Player of the Month: April 2000, September 2002, January 2004, April 2004

FIFA 100

Time 100: 2007

Overseas Team of the Decade: Premier League 10 Seasons Awards (1992–93 to 2001–02)

Orders

Légion d'Honneur: 1998

Now that's what I call a True Legend.

Peace, Love & Unity.

Oz   

Of course, the BEST player in the world has been and shall always remain Stevie G (Torres coming a close second).

P.S.

I rate Fat Frank higher than Messi.

:D:D

Funniest reply ever! Messi - The lad is a genius. I don't usually buy the hype with players these days, but he is special and still only 22 for crying out loud. Messi has my vote again and again.

Without even watching Spanish football that much, I catch the odd game here and there, but I'm telling you now every time I have seen Barca and Messi has played, he has been superb and generally scores a wonder goal or two, his hattrick last night was superb.

Each to their own if you ask me, some players are suited to certain positions, some aren't. Ian Rush was one of the greatest goalscorers the English game has ever seen, he went to Italy and couldn't score in a brothel. :D

NGONGE   

^^ I like Messi but I'd rather have Chelsea's Lampard in my team instead. Twenty goals a season guranteed, saaxib.