Sign in to follow this  
nuune

The first Boeing 747 in 23 years, lands at Mogadishu Airport

Diyaarad xaamuul waayee ee maxee waday. Halkee ka timidna.

This is my favourite diyaarad model. That is why I like to use KLM. The KLM route of Toronto-Amsterdam uses this model labada dabaq ah. British Airways does sometimes, too, laakiin waa too old and crappy.

nuune   

Cambuulo, the video is working now.

MMA, I know why you like this beast, ahaa, more leg-room yeah ehe, but newer versions do exist that has being serviced in the last 10 years.

The Jumbo had cargo for the new Turkish Company that will take over the airport on 15ka September.

Some pictures of that Jumbo Jet:

275.jpg

SKA has until 15 of September to manage Mogadishu Airport, they demanded their 55 workers to stay working there, 49 of them are South Africans, Philippines and Indians

637.jpg

548.jpg

:

it is rather tragic that thread like these are posted on these boards, not least because, it's misleading but also because of their impracticality. we all know Mogadishu is a hell-hole. i've never been there but i know. i know this because it's the truth. this airport ''adan adde international airport'' is a joke. we know this because AMISOM fufu troops continually harass indigenous somalis travelers. we also know it houses international calamiga folks while reer Mogadishu folks look on and starve on a daily-basis. it's like a gated-community inside the ghetto. it's pathetic.

what purpose do these threads like these serve bal. they promote a lifestyle beyond the reach of average folks. it's similar to living in the ghettos and seeing a nice sports car pass you by. you can look but you can't touch. you can admire but can't afford. it's so ridiculous.

LOL waraa Al go to xamar and see it by your own eyes i can guarantee you the only thing xamar lack is a bit of stability other than that its not a big difference between xamar and hargeysa inaar ee sidaa ula sooco. I hate when people who never set their foot in xamar badmouth it.

Cambuulo iyo bun;976733 wrote:
LOL waraa Al go to xamar and see it by your own eyes i can guarantee you the only thing xamar lack is a bit of stability other than that its not a big difference between xamar and hargeysa inaar ee sidaa ula sooco. I hate when people who never set their foot in xamar badmouth it.

abti,

i'm not hating walahi. please khalad ha iga fahmin, ma garatay?

i would love to see xamar. i'm intrigued by it, really. i would love to see it and to put it to the litmus test, really i would. but i can't go. it's not safe. it's too dangerous. there's all sorts of clan militia. there's kidnapping and potential for hostage situations. there's terrorism everywhere. i would love to go, abti. i can't risk my life in a place where life has no value. i pray for the folks of xamar. they need it.

Alpha Blondy;976735 wrote:
abti,

i'm not hating walahi. please khalad ha iga fahmin, ma garatay?

i would love to see xamar. i'm intrigued by it, really. i would love to see it and to put it to the litmus test, really i would. but i can't go. it's not safe. it's too dangerous. there's all sorts of clan militia. there's kidnapping and potential for hostage situations. there's terrorism everywhere. i would love to go, abti. i can't risk my life in a place where life has no value. i pray for the folks of xamar. they need it.

Gartey your exaggerating a bit but i get your point inaar, im optimistic though just give it 2-3 years. The only problem now is Al shabaab.

nuune   

Alpha just got a job with Heritage Institute, their salary ain't good as they are Somalis, so they will pay him a monthly salary of $327 plus subsidized food on one of Mogadishu's restaurants exclusively for Heritage Institute.

His job is not clear, but what I heard is that he is there to promote Somalia's interest within Somaliland, so he will be traveling between Xamar and Hargeisa, his ticket is even paid by this entity, two times travel to Hargeisa every month, he probably already accepted the offer and now is playing a game by saying such things about Xamar, tuug la qabtey!

Atirisho   

Cambuulo iyo bun;976733 wrote:

I have been to Xamar and make no mistake; It is the hell hole I always believed it was. I don't know the Xamar you are talking about, but you can't with straight face say that the only thing Xamar Lacks is stability. The cities entire infrastructure was completely obliterated. Even with peace and stability Mogadishu has a long way to go. The moment I set my foot at Adan Adde airport, I sensed this dark cloud hovering of over me before I even saw the rest of the city. I felt an imminent threat and everywhere I looked there were AU troops armed to the teeth. The airstrip was dusty, and pavement was cracked and it was in desperate need of repairment. The airport's security give people, specially those from the diaspora hard time. Not that I expected any special treatment, but those guys are savages and they don't know how to treat people with respect.

Xamar isn't what people like you make it out to be. Hargeisa's airport isn't better either.