Sign in to follow this  
Samafal

Jubbalan and its inhabitants - 1913 by By F. ELLIOTT,

Haatu   

^^^Where's Gaaroodi when you need him? It seems D ism and revisionism has been around for a long time :D :D

That said, they educated the white man very well :D

YoniZ   

uchi;975439 wrote:

"The true Somali......... Treat him with confidence and consideration, he is cheerful, intelligent, willing to learn, and true to his code of honesty. Treat him harshly or unjustly, he becomes sulky, obstinate, mutinous, and dangerous. He is an excellent scout, a wonderful marcher, and very proud if confidence is shown in him. It would be fatal to the peace of the country if the Somali should be treated with that contempt which is often shown to the black races by Europeans."

I wonder, what percentage today remain from the above wonderful personality!

uchi;975439 wrote:
lol

"The true Somali is an extremely lazy person, for his dignity does not permit him to do manual work; he generally employs himself in watching his flocks, or he will lie for hours under a shady tree, his praying-mat and water-bottle beside him, while he drones, to a sort of chant, songs about his former fights and about the stock he has looted. The manual work, meanwhile, is left to the women and the dependants. The Somali is a Mussulman of the Shujai sect and is very religious in his own fashion. In appearance the Somali is an Arab, and sometimes a hand-some Arab. Treat him with confidence and consideration, he is cheerful, intelligent, willing to learn, and true to his code of honesty. Treat him harshly or unjustly, he becomes sulky, obstinate, mutinous, and dangerous. He is an excellent scout, a wonderful marcher, and very proud if confidence is shown in him. It would be fatal to the peace of the country if the Somali should be treated with that contempt which is often shown to the black races by Europeans."

If this guy is to be believed, then God help all Somalis, LMAO.

Carab? I think they have a hard time defining us because they're around Bantus too much so they put us in the Arab section with the Sudanis etc. to make it easier for themselves.

Duufaan   

GAROODI;975408 wrote:
B@jun were the original natives of the jubas. All the non d block tribes added together make up the majority of the jubas. That's well known and documented.

In fact same thing happened the north and north west Somalia. The Gala tribes were inhabitant and were defeated by Khaatumo's horse men and later Wiil Waal late 17 and early 18 century, including today Hargeysa.

Wadani   

Duufaan;975649 wrote:
In fact same thing happened the north and north west Somalia.
The Gala tribes were inhabitant and were defeated by Khaatumo's horse men and later Wiil Waal late 17 and early 18 century, including today Hargeysa

Hahahaa!!!! As you can see everyone this DA@roodism business is akin to madness. So I guess Khaatumo and Abs@me warriors liberated the entire north west from the Oromo and out of the kindness of their hearts gave the bulk of this new Somai territory to their sworn and bitter enemies since time immemorial the SNM'ers, who hithero lived in subjugation under their Gala overlords. looool. You just can't make this stuff up.

I disagree with D-Block capturing Somalia but even if you look at the names we can see Oromos and Bantus lived in many parts of Somalia. I actually think the only place where Somalis lived was the north coast. Zeila and Bosaso and those areas. Even Gaalkacyo got it's name from kicking out the Oromo (Gaal).

Haatu   

^^Niyow iska aamus. You're talking about things you have no clue about. The Gallas never lived in Gaalkcayo. Gaal is the old Somali word for geel just as you have the subclan gaal.jecel (camel lovers). Gaalkacyo means the place the camels departed from or something like that. The oromos only probably lived in J/land before they were kicked out.

Wadani, who doesn't know that? :D Even the name oozes nobility :D :D

Duufaan   
Hahahaa!!!! As you can see everyone this DA@roodism business is akin to madness. So I guess Khaatumo and Abs@me warriors liberated the entire north west from the Oromo and out of the kindness of their hearts gave the bulk of this new Somai territory to their sworn and bitter enemies since time immemorial the SNM'ers, who hithero lived in subjugation under their Gala overlords. looool. You just can't make this stuff up.In page

The Gala drove was not long time ago, In lasanod and southern lasanod, they were there in 18th century, and people still talk about it.

page 33, states D-blocks drove the gala tribes westward.

http://www.academia.edu/248346/The_Origins_of_the_Galla_and_Somali