Sign in to follow this  
Classified

Has SNM's agenda and cause been hijacked?

As we all know, the Somali National Movement was established to end Siad Barre's regime and to create a new political system for Somalia.

How many of you guys would honestly agree with this?

These cry babies misunderstood the game. SNM did not even fight for secession, calacaal, isolation but to restore Somalia for all Somalis and thats why its name was
SOMALI
NATIONAL MOVEMENT not Somaliland Liberation Front, Somaliland Freedom Movement or whatever.

Two hidden agenda's opposite each other. Politician had their agenda use ordinary ppl for regional nationalism/ tribalism and later go Mogadisho for power. folk knows that and they can truth their politician and they used to reach their hidden agenda. Leaders thought that they can manipulate as usual for their way, but they couldn't succeed until now to change them.

D.O.C   

I agreed with the quote that SNM wasn't in favoure or even fighting for succession, however somaliland people have never obtained apology (after what they been through) from the southerners whether its from the government or the larger population, and not to mention with their hatred towards somaliland people who worked so hard to be where they are. Therefore we decided to take the different path.. I think u must be animals not to even ponder about this guilt. My god bless somaliland, i don't even feel bad about not being recognised as an inernational member, but i am just glad that we are not part somalia alxamdu'lillah.

D.O.C;974105 wrote:
I agreed with the quote that SNM wasn't in favoure or even fighting for succession, however somaliland people have never obtained apology (after what they been through) from the southerners whether its from the government or the larger population, and not to mention with their hatred towards somaliland people who worked so hard to be where they are. Therefore we decided to take the different path.. I think u must be animals not to even ponder about this guilt. My god bless somaliland, i don't even feel bad about not being recognised as an inernational member, but i am just glad that we are not part somalia alxamdu'lillah.

Lol, do you think you guys are the only victims? Every Somali tribe suffer some form of genocide, mass rape and barakicin (refugees). The day you start being honest to yourself is the day you can find the solution to all the problems facing you and your fellow Somalis.

If the civil war hadn't happened and Somalia still had a functioning government, then I'm quite sure many would agree with your self-victimization.

D.O.C   

looooool kulahaa genocide, rape, mass murder..... who are you blaming for these ma reer somaliland? Somaliland people were the brain of somalia and never mingle with goverment or military. Now we left with brain and no somalia ilaahay hadii gargaaro,what goes around comes around.

Enjoy this song hana ka xumaan adoo raaliya;)

Mr Federaal haddii aad raadinaysid waxa sababay burburkan iyo kala googoá. Muranka iyo makeekugu ma fiicnee jawaabtu waa:

1- kuwii cadaalad darada u maamulay wixii lixdankii loola yimid.

2- kuwii wixii yaraa ee umaddu ku wada heshiiska ahayd haba iska liitee (dastuurkii/parlamaankii) intay baabi'iyeen yidhi anagaa kaligayo qori ku talinayna.

3- Wax ma garawsadayaasha wali 22 sano kadib muran iyo makeeki la soo taagan (dhibta waa la wada qabay noooo!)

Wiil Cusub, yaa kuu diiday inaad adigu dawlad ama Kacaan-2 ka fulisid Somalia? Or, are you socially, politically and economically too weak to control Somalia?

1- kuwii cadaalad darada u maamulay wixii lixdankii loola yimid.

I quoted your first excuse of "Somalia's failure". Horta, first, Somalia is not in this situation because beesha SNM simply rejected to take part in bringing Somalia into a better stage than it is right now. The reason Somalia is in ruins is because ALL the Somali tribes are against one another politically, thus there is no trust and without trust there will be no unity.

Secondly, who's responsible for making you a victim? All Somalis? or a Regime? Be it democratically elected and corrupted governments (Adan Cade iyo Cabdirashid) or be it the Kacaan (Siad Barre).

2- kuwii wixii yaraa ee umaddu ku wada heshiiska ahayd haba iska liitee (dastuurkii/parlamaankii) intay baabi'iyeen yidhi anagaa kaligayo qori ku talinayna.

Who are you specifically talking about in this? Entire tribes? or Specific politicians? Be logic in your reasoning, take out all emotions bal.

3- Wax ma garawsadayaasha wali 22 sano kadib muran iyo makeeki la soo taagan (dhibta waa la wada qabay noooo!)

Yes, 22 years and counting. No reconciliation. An honest reconciliation will bring back peace, stability and governance.

Ps

when i said "kuwii" I mean politicians not tribe.

Yes, 22 years and counting. No reconciliation. An honest reconciliation will bring back peace, stability and governance.

If you can agree this than you can understand that kuwa la soo taagan "Somaliweyn"waa muqadis is the biggest problem, because they are seeking union without proper reconciliation and they are afraid to looking different angels to reach any solution.

Wiil Cusub;974131 wrote:
Ps

when i said "kuwii" I mean politicians not tribe.

If you can agree this than you can understand that kuwa la soo taagan "Somaliweyn"waa muqadis is the biggest problem, because they are seeking union without proper reconciliation and they are afraid to looking different angels to reach any solution.

okay, so you were talking about politicians. I totally agree with you. There are two problems. Those that screaming about somaliweyn ha jirto iyo somalia ha noolaato, while the scent of animosity is in the air between somali tribes are a problem. They are not tackling the issue, rather run towards something that isn't really there anymore. The other problem is, those that live in peace in certain areas part of somalia, such as Boorama, Hargeisa, Garowe iyo Boosaaso, whom are not doing their duty as Somali by trying to do their part in bring together the people, holding reconciliation conferences and not just run away with the little they have. They too are a problem.

Wadani   

Classified;974135 wrote:
okay, so you were talking about politicians. I totally agree with you. There are two problems. Those that screaming about somaliweyn ha jirto iyo somalia ha noolaato, while the scent of animosity is in the air between somali tribes are a problem. They are not tackling the issue, rather run towards something that isn't really there anymore. The other problem is, those that live in peace in certain areas part of somalia, such as Boorama, Hargeisa, Garowe iyo Boosaaso, whom are not doing their duty as Somali by trying to do their part in bring together the people, holding reconciliation conferences and not just run away with the little they have. They too are a problem.

U've hit the nail on the head.

GAROODI   

Never heard so much bacaaaaac from classified. Somalia is dead FULL STOP. In all honousty you have to be mad to want to be part of Somalia. When a state has been non existent for 22 years and has African mercenaries as police and national army you know something is not right. The SNM was arguably one the greatest rebel forces in history. They were outnumbered, outgunned, very difficult circumstances yet they managed to destroy Sub Saharan Africa's largest army. What happened in SOMALILAND did not happen in what was then Somalia. The SNM changed their position from unity to dissolving the union because the south as usual broke their agreement which was to overthrow the government and create a unity collision government. That was the straw that broke the camels back and now we don't have to share a country with classified and others who just read about the SNM recently. You have no clue what your talking about son

Tallaabo   

The sole agenda of the SNM was to overthrow the kacaan government of Siyaad Barre and restore democratic rule for the former Somali republic. The SNM leadership and politicians like Abdul Rahman Tuur (Alle ha u naxariisto) wanted and were preparing to go to the South and hold talks with the rebel movements there like the USP and SPM. However, it was the ordinary man and woman who were returning from the refugee camps in Ethiopia who had decided business with the South was truly over and that no one would go to Mogadishu and represent them. So the former Somali Republic was buried there and then by the returning refugees;)

Classified;974135 wrote:

+1