Sign in to follow this  
MoonLight1

The plight of Somalis in Syria.

D.O.C   

Syria was the best arab country for somali refugees. Aad baan uga xumahay waxa ku dhacay. May allah help that beautiful country as well as all the muslims around the world.

D.O.C;953641 wrote:
Syria was the best arab country for somali refugees. Aad baan uga xumahay waxa ku dhacay. May allah help that beautiful country as well as all the muslims around the world.

True..

I have never been to Syria, but somehow its destruction shocks me every time i see it on the news, I've seen Iraq and Libya go down the same rout but Syria seems to touch my heart..... sad very very sad... you can see it's society's heart being ripped and it's fabric destroyed. Syria will be a failed state for at least a 100 years to come.

D.O.C   

MoonLight1;953646 wrote:
True..

I have never been to Syria, but somehow its destruction shocks me every time i see it on the news, I've seen Iraq and Libya go down the same rout but Syria seems to touch my heart..... sad very very sad... you can see it's society's heart being ripped and it's fabric destroyed. Syria will be a failed state for at least a 100 years to come.

Moon i feel ya pain, i had extended families there in syria for generations they are the most civilied and respecful arab ppl and i am also sorry what happened to them. My families alxamdulillah safely made it to turkey.

Unlike Iraq with the Shia majority who have a hierarchical ruling system, the Sunni majority opposition in Syria is fragmented. This is why it will be a lose lose for Syria even if Sunni majority overthrow Bashar's Alawite ruling family. It will become a much worse problem than that of Somalia's warring clans.

Blessed   

D.O.C;953641 wrote:

Amen. When I was in Syria about 5 years ago, Christians / Muslims were so nice and welcoming - even when I was having my visa processed, I was told that a Somali passport would have made the process easier than my British PP. People there went out of their way to show you places, took time out to explain things and just talk to you. May Allah have mercy on them. I was also impressed at how they preserved their history through the centuries, every civilization that has passed through the land was evident in the Masajid, the citadels, the castles... all that is lost now, though it doesn't compare to the senseless loss of human life. :(

D.O.C   

It is so true blessed that the syrians classified somalis as their real brothers unfortunately we couldn't help them when they needed coz we have already been in mess for 20 yrs, however it's qadar alle the sunshine we come out one day for both of us insha allah.