Sign in to follow this  
Haatu

Taariikhda asalka Soomaalida - Muuqaal

Safferz   

xabad your arguments are reminiscent of 19th and early 20th century scientific racism and theories of eugenics.

Miyir   

xabad;944228 wrote:
looool yes indeed there is something called back migration dear if you have never heard about it read up saffz. you know its difficult to refute the genetic evidence in terms of haplo groups, this can be traced back to what scientists call the urheimat or the original home. some somali haplo groups are Eurasian and most somali people will cluster genetically with non africans.

give us the study? back immigration is nonsense eurocentrics come up when they run out arguments.

Safferz   

Tallaabo;944285 wrote:
^ Saffrez then what are your theories? please provide them.

Why do you need a theory? All of these theories emerge from racists who are surprised that people who look like us are Africans. We are indigenous to the Horn.

Wadani   

Safferz;944380 wrote:
Why do you need a theory? All of these theories emerge from racists and
Somalis themselves
who are surprised that people who look like us are Africans. We are indigenous to the Horn.

:D

Safferz   

Wadani;944383 wrote:
:D

haha yes but I think we internalized that bs from Europeans. There isn't a single Muslim society in the world that doesn't claim (or have a segment of their population claim) descent from the Prophet or the Sahaba, but not many of them are the self-loathing black Africans we are.

Wadani   

Safferz;944386 wrote:
haha yes but I think we internalized that bs from Europeans. There isn't a single Muslim society in the world that doesn't claim (or have a segment of their population claim) descent from the Prophet or the Sahaba, but not many of them are the self-loathing black Africans we are.

Actually it predates colonialism. And Somalis of yore were anything but self-loathing. Their belief in being Arab didn't stem from an inferiority complex (which many many Somalis suffer from nowadays), but they just really believed in the myths of descent from Arab patriarchs. The protoypical Somali of even two generations ago was very proud, fierce and independent.

Safferz   

Wadani;944395 wrote:
Actually it predates colonialism. And Somalis of yore were anything but self-loathing. Their belief in being Arab didn't stem from an inferiority complex (which many many Somalis suffer from nowadays), but they just really believed in the myths of descent from Arab patriarchs.

I didn't say colonialism, and I don't think the widespread belief in the Arabness of Somalis' as a denial of their blackness/Africanness is that innocent either. Our first encounter with Europeans was with the Portuguese in the 16th century (who wrote about Somalis as "Moors" in Africa), which is a long time for ideas of race to develop and configure themselves within the Somali imagination.

Wadani;944395 wrote:
The protoypical Somali of even two generations ago was very proud, fierce and independent.

That's a romanticized trope too :P

Wadani   

Safferz;944416 wrote:
I didn't say colonialism, and I don't think the widespread belief in the Arabness of Somalis' as a denial of their blackness/Africanness is that innocent either. Our first encounter with Europeans was with the Portuguese in the 16th century (who wrote about Somalis as "Moors" in Africa), which is a long time for ideas of race to develop and configure themselves within the Somali imagination.

That's a romanticized
too
:P

Damn u. :mad:

Safferz   

xabad;944420 wrote:
your entitled to your opinions but not facts. this is indisputable genetically sxb

Provide one scientific article to back up your claim that Somalis are not indigenous to the Horn of Africa.

Presenter: our next question comes from the historically renowned author, scholar, and pseudo-intellectual.... Alpha B.

Alpha B:hello,

i would like to ask several questions to the panelist........with regards to the general history of somalis. often, i would argue there is a general consensus, insofar as the history of somalis is concerned, particularly in western scholarship.....of grouping Somali history into two categories

1. colonisation, independence and the subsequent events following independence.

2. pre-colonisation - in that somalis were nomads, for the most part, who roamed the interior, with a few urban dwellers (who made pacts with regional powers) near key strategic ports.

------

my questions are:

1. what existed pre-colonisation by the WEST? in detail, if you will.

2. our strong 'oral society' is often hailed for its supposedly strong transfer of knowledge from one generation to the other.......so, i'd like to know....what were the earliest documented proof of maahmaahs and poetry etc? also.......can we infer from the poetry....historically important events etc.

3. what is best method to ascertain some objective and respected data set? in other words, using and compiling different sources of data...are we able to produce something similar to the 'hadith' and deduce usefulness of the data..... using a standard. for instance....either a strong evidential basis (with strong line of proof) or weak evidential basis (poor line of proof).

thank you, thank you very much.

Haatu   

Safferz, go and tell an old Somali he's a madaw and see wat he does to you. We don't subscribe to this 'white man' segregation of either black or white. We were/are Somali and that's it. The White Man can keep his foreign classifications.

As for the old Somalis, like that British Officer put it, they believed they were superior to all people, both black and white :D

xabad   

i believe somalis are madaw phenotypically but not genetically ( we have some madaw genes but not much ), in my eyes we are madaw no dispute about that. but i love how she goes all afro centric if you point out we have eurasian genes.