Sign in to follow this  
Cambuulo iyo bun

Do you remember....

Wadani   

Haatu;937200 wrote:
The what what of what are all these obscure songs?
:D
For me Ja Rule is old skool
:D

Wadani, the Indie look isn't too bad sxb
:P

I'll never look at u the same way again. :D

Safferz   

D.O.C;937208 wrote:
Every previous decade is better than the current or most recent one, may be we losing morality.

"The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers."

- Socrates (attributed by Plato, 4th century BCE)

"I see no hope for the future of our people if they are dependent on frivolous youth of today, for certainly all youth are reckless beyond words... When I was young, we were taught to be discreet and respectful of elders, but the present youth are exceedingly wise [disrespectful] and impatient of restraint"

- Hesoid (7th century BCE)

Wadani   

Safferz;937218 wrote:
"The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers."

"I see no hope for the future of our people if they are dependent on frivolous youth of today, for certainly all youth are reckless beyond words... When I was young, we were taught to be discreet and respectful of elders, but the present youth are exceedingly wise [disrespectful] and impatient of restraint"

Yes, indeed people are biased against and have an especially critical eye for the vices of succeeding gnerations, even though these shortcomings may have been just as prevelent during their own haydays. But I do think there has been a marked deterioration in morals and virtue present in the current generation of Millenials, coupled with a selfishishness and peculiar self-absorbment bordering on narcissism, that truely sets it apart from the perceived generational splits of the past.

D.O.C   

Safferz;937218 wrote:

Safferz, i undoubtedly agreed with you, but then we have to blame ourselves too as fathers and mothers for not guiding the newser nation the way we have been guided in our youth time. I think, we lost our rich muslim cultrul identity and youth are not to blame for this metamorphosis.