Sign in to follow this  
Cambuulo iyo bun

Do you remember....

Wadani   

I honestly wish I was in my twenties during the 90's instead of now. I just don't understand nor even really like the times we live in now.

Chimera   

I prefer the early 80s. Beautiful Mogadishu, Michael Jackson in his prime, Back to the Future, arcade games, etc.

Safferz   

1960s for me... the hope and promise of African nationalism and decolonization, the rise of third world politics and the non-aligned movement, all of the social movements including the civil rights movement, black power, women's liberation, anti-Vietnam war, etc. It would have been an exciting time to be in the world :)

Chimera   

1960s Somalia yeah, but nowhere near America or Europe, I think they were still lynching black people back then.

Wadani   

Safferz;936605 wrote:
1960s for me... the hope and promise of African nationalism and decolonization, the rise of third world politics and the non-aligned movement, all of the social movements including the civil rights movement, black power, women's liberation, anti-Vietnam war, etc. It would have been an exciting time to be in the world
:)

Ahh...imagine that. The era of Malcolm X, Julias Nyerere, Stokely Carmichael and Franz Fanon (even if only for one year)....truely giants among men.