Sign in to follow this  
Xaaji Xunjuf

Somaliland: SNM Commemorates 32nd Anniversary

Tallaabo;935359 wrote:
Whatever happened in the former republic is QADAR ALLE. However, I can't help but imagine what would have happened or what would SL and Somalia be like today if the SNM, SSDF, USC, and the other repel groups who fought Siyaad Barre negotiated with each other and joined forces, chosen a leader from among their ranks who would also be the next president after the overthrow of Siyaad, coordinated their attacks, and formed a transitional government and constitution for post Siyaad Somalia before waging the war. I think Somaliland could have escaped the devastation and Mogadisho and Southern Somalia would not have gone through the massacres of 1991.

All have different interests different aspirations it would be impossible to pick a leader from their midst the closest SNM USC SPM came was the communique they agreed on 1989

Classified;935247 wrote:
The only Somali tribe that imitates the Jews. It's truly admiring and very much deserves applaud that, you guys are still keeping your heroes alive and preserving the history of your SNM heroes so generations after will know who they were and what they fought against and how they lived and died. The only problem, they fought and killed fellow Somalis.

No other Somali tribe have put in any time or effort in preserving their sons and struggles (If any).

Dear Classified do you know different between Movement and tribe? SNM was Democratic movement with political wing and armed wing and they fought for their own ideology. Non of other Somali fighter had same ideology (compare SSDF or USC). Do you know any African movement who change their leaders with election like SNM and do you know any African insurgent movements who seized the power and gave back to the people like SNM did in Borame 1993 ( Leadership from Abdirahman Tuur last SNM chairman to Cigaal non SNM leader).

Leaders: Ahmed Mohamed Gulaid (Oct 1981– Jan 1982)

Sheikh Yusuf Ali Sheikh Madar(Jan 1982– Nov 1983)

Colonel Abdiqadir Kosar Abdi(Nov 1984– Aug 1984)

Ahmed M. Mahamoud Silanyo (Aug 1984– Apr 1989);

Abdirahman Ahmed Ali Tuur(Apr 1990– May 1991)

SNM legacy lead Somaliland to continue their ideology (democratic power sharing and dialog) and that ideology makes Somaliland peaceful and that is why we preserving their history.

Tallaabo;935359 wrote:
Whatever happened in the former republic is QADAR ALLE. However, I can't help but imagine what would have happened or what would SL and Somalia be like today if the SNM, SSDF, USC, and the other repel groups who fought Siyaad Barre negotiated with each other and joined forces, .

Their was pig ideological rift between SNM and other Somali insurgent groups, they ware from one dictator to another one (kut ka qax oo qanjo u guur). I couldn't see any difference between Siyaad, Yey iyo Aidid. All those groups was one-man-show while SNM was open platform where majority rules.

I thing ideology was bigger obstacle than tribal diffrence.

This is history that cannot be wished away. for the locals these men represented the hope of being free from Barre's regime.

I appreciate the collection of pictures of that struggle

^^You are angry with us, Oodweyne for a reason :D

We are cool with you awoowe. The only thing that will disappoint you is that we will prevent you from seceding :D

Tallaabo   

Wiil Cusub;935573 wrote:
Their was pig ideological rift between SNM and other Somali insurgent groups, they ware from one dictator to another one (kut ka qax oo qanjo u guur). I couldn't see any difference between Siyaad, Yey iyo Aidid. All those groups was one-man-show while SNM was open platform where majority rules.

I thing ideology was bigger obstacle than tribal diffrence.

True and that is what I heard before. Our people had no appetite for more tyranny.

Tallaabo   

Xaaji Xunjuf;935369 wrote:
All have different interests different aspirations it would be impossible to pick a leader from their midst the closest SNM USC SPM came was the communique they agreed on 1989

You are right. A good example was Cali Mahdi crowning himself the "president" without anyone's support exept from his clan.