Abdifatah Yare

Ahmed Raasta

Mahad Indhadeero

Kaskey

Abdi Holland

Boqol

Mirifle

Chimera   

All Somali singers, male and female need to invest in vocal-coaches. Their voices would upgrade significantly. Never heard a proper falsetto in a Somali song, not even the ladies, evendo we know they can, see Amaal Nuux.

Chimera;935065 wrote:
All Somali singers, male and female need to invest in vocal-coaches. Their voices would upgrade significantly. Never heard a proper falsetto in a Somali song, not even the ladies, evendo we know they can, see Amaal Nuux.

I couldn't agree more. At least some male artists are bearable to listen to, but the modern Somali female artists are all garbage. Some went as far as using what T-Pain uses to change his vocal, which completely destroys any originality.

Oba,

Is he Somali-Bantu? He has that typical voice that most modern-day Somali artists have.

Chimera   

Classified;935068 wrote:
I couldn't agree more. At least some male artists are bearable to listen to, but the modern Somali female artists are all garbage. Some went as far as using what T-Pain uses to change his vocal, which completely destroys any originality.

I hate autotune, I remember Mo Farah once send K'naan a tweet with a Farhiya Kabayare song he liked, and I was like nooooooooo!! LOL, that song was 99% autotune, 1% normal voice. Now millions of their ajanabi fans saw it too lol.

Carafaat   

Classified;935057 wrote:
Who is it?

Dalmar Yare

Nur Daalacay

Ahmed Ceegaag

Lafoole

King Khalid

Abdifatah Saleeban Gaas

Abdifatah Yare

Ahmed Raasta

Mahad Indhadeero

Kaskey

Abdi Holland

Boqol

Mirifle

Mursal Muuse

Chimera;935065 wrote:

Adams,

nothing is good for you, ma istidhi? even our music with its unique sounds needs a 'capacity reform programme' now, miiyaa fikradadu, inaar?

Amaal Nuux is a archetypal ''trash xalimo'' with her fake and commodified vocal sounds. inaar, the last time i checked.... she was wallowing in lower third of the danish and czech pop charts. marka, please isku xishoodo and immediately cease the advertising of the music industries' here's-one-i-made-earlier commercial products. conscious cultural critics like myself value grass-roots, organically inspired cultural products, products that are grounded in real life experiences and not some pre-judged culturally distant stereotype informed by the overarching White cultural superstructure.

Somali Neo-Soul Queen Noora Nora.