Sign in to follow this  
Chimera

Cost of renting a house/room in Mogadishu?

Adams,

hargeisa is a big pathetic joke. its dirty, the people are cruel and animalistic, its expensive! why would someone like you, who uses a PH neutral moisturiser......even bother to come here, ma istidhi? it takes a certain type of personality to survive, here in the nations capital. i'm certainly NOT of them but i've found inspiration from the most unlikely sources. this has been my saving grace. sometimes, you're down, other times you're in good spirits but you take what good you can salvage and ignore the negative.

Adams, i hope, you can come here, one day, and see this hell-hole for what it is, inaar. if you can hack it or not, its still worth giving it a try. go for it. laakin, don't come with high expectations nor hopes of changing things here and achieving quick results. don't ever delude yourself by thinking your opinion has any value in their eyes. they've already prejudged you and regardless of your aims,...to them, you'll always be an outsider ee sida uula soco, inaar.

I guess its called Wardhiigley for a reason huh? lool. you know how a dead body/ murder drops the value of a house in the west. I guess we can account for Wardhiigley "low prices" from the name

Blessed   

I'd suggest talking to family / qaraabo in Muqdisho or those who have contacts there. Those numbers sound like NGO prices, it's a different when you're renting from someone you know / or some who knows a relative.

Chimera   

*Ibtisam;934104 wrote:
Somali well lets hope the bubble burst soon or it would be another Angola.

Adam- not that I know of- with that in mind you shall be perfectly fine in Hargeisa or anywhere else- dont let the Diaspora online fidi ku diri scare you. The reality is Somali's true to their nomadic nature roam all over the place.

Juxa was amazed when she came to see me- I think she was expecting in la shiido or dhagax lagu turturo
:D
:D but aside from crude honesty- there are no other risks to your wealth, health or safety.

LOL, some of the trolls have done an injustice to Hargeisa indeed, what about Sheikh, that place looks very serene.

Chimera   

Alpha Blondy;934116 wrote:
Adams,

hargeisa is a big pathetic joke. its dirty, the people are cruel and animalistic, its expensive! why would someone like you, who uses a PH neutral moisturiser......even bother to come here, ma istidhi? it takes a certain type of personality to survive, here in the nations capital. i'm certainly NOT of them but i've found inspiration from the most unlikely sources. this has been my saving grace. sometimes, you're down, other times you're in good spirits but you take what good you can salvage and ignore the negative.

Adams, i hope, you can come here, one day, and see this hell-hole for what it is, inaar. if you can hack it or not, its still worth giving it a try. go for it. laakin, don't come with high expectations nor hopes of changing things here and achieving quick results. don't ever delude yourself by thinking your opinion has any value in their eyes. they've already prejudged you and regardless of your aims,...to them, you'll always be an outsider ee sida uula soco, inaar.

LMAO, what's the problem dear Alpha, is the pond to small for the both of us? Are you afraid I will land in H-town and free all of your oppressed maids? Why are you selling me this nonsense? We both know your doing fine with your Givenchy scent and tight jeans, nobody is messing with you somaha? Bloody saqajaan, trying to deter me from living in the mother country, so selfish. Its only you who is allowed to create beautiful Somali gardens, eh? The rest have to rot in Qurbaha?

When I come its going to be a blast, I don't care about your psychological warfare lol.

Juxa   

Hahahaha reer waqooyi tilmaamaya prices in xamar?

Yarka you failed to utalise your contacts in SOL? Some of them waxan maqlay own nice enough places.

Why don't you stay in a nice hotel apartment? It is safe, clean and you get to pick the location.

I won't stay beach property as it may not be the best place safety wise

As for S-land go... You will enjoy it. Of course anigu I love the dagaal and muran lakin the buufis wuxuu ku kooban yahay here

Chimera;934127 wrote:
LMAO, what's the problem dear Alpha, is the pond to small for the both of us? Are you afraid I will land in H-town and free all of your oppressed maids? Why are you selling me this nonsense? We both know your doing fine with your Givenchy scent and tight jeans, nobody is messing with you somaha? Bloody saqajaan, trying to deter me from living in the mother country, so selfish. Its only you who is allowed to create beautiful Somali gardens, eh? The rest have to rot in Qurbaha?

When I come its going to be a blast, I don't care about your psychological warfare lol.

i'm doing my own thing, inaar. you need to do your own thing and iska joogi faanka. i'm at peace here and happy. i wish the same for you.

Marksman   

How dependent are hotels in Hargeisa to seasons? Or do they have a high occupancy thoughout the year?

( or too dependent on diaspora during Summer months? ).

I'd like to know this if anyone can help out.

Ibtisam   

Loool Juxa- the amount of reer waqooyi people going back to Xamar, selling their proterty, opening new business. Horta the whole of Hargeisa business is over in xamar stablishing franchies over there and linking up with local companies- ciid walba ciid aya ku xidhetey. You need to go Xamar Juxa and be my link! :D

Adam Shikh is beautiful and amazing- small community, at one with nature, but you may get bored- too much of a miyi for some people. I go there to shut down, sight see and hiking [which people find strange]- you come back with a different prospective all together.

Chimera   

Alpha Blondy;934133 wrote:
i'm doing my own thing, inaar. you need to do your own thing and iska joogi faanka. i'm at peace here and happy. i wish the same for you.

Wa kaftan sxb, ruun ha u moodin, and waad mahadsantahay for those kind words. :D

Chimera   

Blessed and Juxa, thanks for the advice dear sisters.

Ibti, Sheikh is probably the most serene looking Somali town, full stop. Hiking and sight-seeing the Dervish fortresses over there is definitely on my to-do list.

Juxa   

Adam, like blessed said those are ajnabi prices. My sister just retuned from xamar and she stayed at apartment hotel. Air conditioned, Mogadishu is very hot with guards etc close to the beach. I will ask her the cost. You will be fine as she is more kaaskop than you and she managed fine

Ibti it's time aan israacno... Isdiyaari this summer, end of summer nooga dhig insha Allah. It's time you open a franchise

Tallaabo   

Che -Guevara;934156 wrote:
Chimera, you have romanticized idea of Somalia

Well well well I think you should then teach him what reality in the Horn is Mr Che? Or is your "reality" an online one too?:D

Chimera   

Juxa;934153 wrote:
Adam, like blessed said those are ajnabi prices. My sister just retuned from xamar and she stayed at apartment hotel. Air conditioned, Mogadishu is very hot with guards etc close to the beach. I will ask her the cost. You will be fine as she is more kaaskop than you and she managed fine

Ibti it's time aan israacno... Isdiyaari this summer, end of summer nooga dhig insha Allah. It's time you open a franchise

Please do, that is exactly what I'm looking for.