Sign in to follow this  
Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar

Afrika waxaa kusoo arkay...

Blessed   

Aniga hal haysteydu waa Dubai, though have lived in other places, it's my favorite place..

Stoic, enjoy your Kenya trip bro. I'm planning to go in December for a reunion with my big sister and our lost sujui clan of cousins Inshaallah, so will be looking to you and MMA for tips..

STOIC   

Blessed, Insha-Allah we will definately give you some tips. For now I'm getting my tips from MM since he is more familair with the place.For some reason even though I'm familair with the place, language and the culture I'm still being warned by friends that it will be a shock first week.Even though I'm leaving in a month or so I have already started doing some little shopping and Still don't know what to get everyone plus rememeber I have big family on both my Mom and Dad side that lives there. I think I will just hand over Polo shirts to everyone haha..I know they will grill me for not bringing more or giving money to everyone, but who can satisfy awhole families lol....

Blessed   

^Hahaha, tell me about it and you have to remember to visit every one.. As for gifts, it's hard when you don't really know your relatives as well.. but I tend to buy lots of dirac sets for the women and just give the men money, it can be rather exhausting because there are always more relatives than you've imagined :D

STOIC;932115 wrote:
Even though I'm leaving in a month or so I have already started doing some little shopping and Still don't know what to get everyone plus rememeber I have big family on both my Mom and Dad side that lives there. I think I will just hand over Polo shirts to everyone haha..

Don't bother giving away your dhar. This is Reer Islii's primarily interests as a gift: Smart mobile phones (particularly iPhone5 or Samsung Galaxy s4), digital camera, latest laptops, iPad or its likes, quality kareemooyin (lotion) and shaambo (shampoo).

Don't bother with dated mobile phones. They want the latest, the latest that you don't even know exist or had seen. They know pretty well the mobile models.

The Zack;932069 wrote:
What do the rates look like for these hotels/motels?

Grand Royal and Diamond Palace ayaa ugu qaalisan. In Diamond's place, rooms go from 2,000, 2,500, 3,500. In Grand Royal's case, it is 2,500, 3,500, 4,000, 5,000. That was back in mid 2011, so I don't know how the management of Grand Royal charge per room now. They may have cut the rates.

nuune   

Blessed, Mombasa yeysan kaa fakkanin, meeshaas adoon booqanin haka tagin Kenya, waa meeshaan ku dhashey even though meela badan aan ku dhashey such as Tuvalu Island,but don't miss Mombasa, Nairobi wax yaala ma jiro.

Blessed   

Nairobi curadii hooyaday ayaa joogta ee bal ii daa but definitely going Mombasa. I want to go Safari as well. Insha allah.

nuune   

Mombasa waad ka sheekeen doontaa even buska aad ka raaci doonto nairobi to Monbasa is even much fun, laakin diyaaradbaad ka raaci kartaa from nairobi to Mombasa for 100 dollar camal.

Curada reerka dee waa Sujuu maaha hadeyba intaa oo dhan Kenya joogtey, marka be careful hadyadaha dee, meeshu maaha Hargeisa iyo Burco.

STOIC   

MM, haha @ the latest I-phones..I wish they knew how expensive those stuff are down here..They will be disapointed if they looking for I-phones and apple computers...They be lucky if they get a Pollo shirts from me....I will act dumb and technologically handicapped...haha

Blessed   

Haha. School me on the difference between Hargaisa and the Sujuis nuune, don't want to let hooyo down. The kids are Sujui and so are my cousins who are like 4th generation Sujuis, so I really don't know what to do /expect as far as gifts are concerned as I know nothing about them..How long is the bus ride between Mombasa and Nairobi? I really like road trips, if it isn't too long for the LOs.

This eedo of mine who is going to Burco asked me for a phone the other day, so I ordered her a nice nokia with big numbers and all and then she calls me back when she recieved and blasted me.. kulaha 'telephonekaan haysto waa 3 boqol oo gini, ee waaxay waxani' loool.

Odey   

I truly detest Isli!!, why can't you talk about the "normal" places of that city if at all you intend to discuss Nairobi?. Looks like you folks haven't

seen the place as one should!

nuune   

Blessed, the whole bus journey between Nairobi to Mombasa is really fun, you will enjoy it, waa long journey but travel happens at night, leaves at Nairobi around 9PM and you arrive at Salaada subax, at midnight makhaayad Soomaali ah ayaa lagu nastaa for dinner and rest.

Hade I had special thread about my trip to Mombasa with pics specially on that road, bal soo quf anu waan waayey malaha qolyihii daacuuriinta ayaan ii saamaxeyn inaan raadiyo.

The sujui parts and hadyadaha, dee anu Sujui ma ihi balse aad baan isu naqaanaa qolyahaasi, Sujuiga wey naga horreeyaah, sidii ingiriisiga ula dhaqan, not an African stylish way or our Hargeisa/Burco ways of life, ku dadaal cabaayadaha and duruucda ha badin, qalin-qori hadaad heli karto ku dar iyo gaaweetooyinka buudh-buudhan, ha hilmaamin sanduuq yaroo safe ah portable like, hablaha ayaa alaabahooda ku rito, dee listiga maan sii wadaa, imika qolyihii baa ila joogee soo raadi threadkeygi Mombasa, kolleey waagaan dhajinayey ayaad aragtey baan filayaa.

Odey;932172 wrote:
I truly detest Isli!!, why can't you talk about the "normal" places of that city if at all you intend to discuss Nairobi?. Looks like you folks haven't

seen the place as one should!

Meeqo beri ayaa Islii joogtay horta?

STOIC   

Nuune,

I doubt I have time to go to Mombasa.I will save that trip for next time (as they say once you go to Africa one time you sure bet will come back again)...Actually it would have been a good trip since my closest friend is the head of Sarova Hotels and the chairman of the Kenyan Tourism..I will save that trip for the Wifey..haha to impress her with the beauty of the Coast....