Sign in to follow this  
Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar

Afrika waxaa kusoo arkay...

STOIC   

Thanks MM.You are right I'm familiar with the Eastleigh of 1997/1998.I will talk to my brother about booking one of those places. Though my brothers wants me to stay home with them I still feel like I'll be crowding their place and probably making their wives go out of their way to accommodate me...I will definitely post my experience here.I'm excited and looking forward to spend time with family and old friends...

STOIC;931853 wrote:
Carafaat, ileen swahiliga waat taaqaan...I'll check that Royal out.I'm not familiar with anything after the 90's..Am guessing the place changed alot..Heck I may not even understand their Swahili lo.....I want to stay in a place with a Islamic feeling probably owned by Sheikhs or decent folks Insha-Allah....

If you want a decent hotel owned by wadaado, then check Madiina hotel or Andalus, both just on same location as of the three I mentioned in the previous post. Heed this, though: Your visitors are pretty much restricted, especially of the opposite gender. Also Andalus doesn't have satellite TV.

Waxaa kaa ilooway about the road construction, which affects the location of those mentioned hotels. Jidad badan Islii laga dhisoyaa and some which are completed now.

STOIC   

I don't mind gender restrictions at all after all it is to keep any fitnas away.I personally prefer to pray in a jamaaca in a mosque even fajr prayer so i don't want to be inconvenience by the location of the hotel..I forgot about the pot-holes...haha

They are building the major roads, some already built. If you stay Diamond Palace, this might be your view as I did when I stayed for a few nights in the past month.

jslnc7.jpg

The blue building on the right is Andalus hotel, the muraayad one on the left is Madiina hotel and the picture was taken inside a Diamond hotel's room. As you can see, aad iyo aad iskugu dhowyihiin. Also, Andalus has a mosque inside it.

STOIC   

That Medina looks decent...I like it from outside and it is owned by decent folks.I will go with this one or Andalus for the mosque.I'm old guy and probably will fit in there well with the rest .Thanks!

Carafaat   

Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar;931861 wrote:
If you want a decent hotel owned by wadaado, then check Madiina hotel or
Andalus
, both just on same location as of the three I mentioned in the previous post. Heed this, though: Your visitors are pretty much restricted, especially of the opposite gender. Also Andalus doesn't have satellite TV.

Waxaa kaa ilooway about the road construction, which affects the location of those mentioned hotels. Jidad badan Islii laga dhisoyaa and some which are completed now.

STOIC, Andalus is a proper Islamic and decent Hotel. But if you want to enjoy those natural green delicacy from the Meru highlands or those fine figured Sijui's from the opposite gender, I wouldnt recommend you to stay there. :D

I'd love to go back to Kenya someday insha'allah. Lived there for few yrs. I am sure it has changed a lot from the last time i was there.

Carafaat;931873 wrote:
STOIC, Andalus is a proper Islamic and decent Hotel. But if you want to enjoy those natural green delicacy from the Meru highlands or those fine figured Sijui's from the opposite gender, I wouldnt recommend you to stay there.
:D

Carafaad, we are warning him so. He will see how 'restrictive' the wadaado owners can get.

Speaking of Andalus: Back in the summer of 2011, an old family friend from ciyaal xaafad pre-civil war was staying at Andalus. He had a quite few anecdotes of his own. He had been out of Afrika since '87, but one thing that shocked him most was a 'stranger' Soomaali visited his seat at the Andalus hotel's restaurant, greeting him quietly and ordering his food. Our family friend was eating his meal as well. The stranger finished his fast, left for 'farxal' but never came back. When the bill arrived, our family friend was surprised to find the 'stranger's' bill included in his. He inquired. He was told he was his friend because the 'stranger' said so, not to mention you two were engaged in a conversation -- the 'salaamu caleykum' kind conversation it seemed.

He had no choice but to pay. However, since then he was pretty much wary of anyone sitting in his seat area, immediately informing the waitresses that he doesn't know that person or this person should one dare to sit near him. 058.gif

Haatu   

STOIC, I'd recommend Andalus for you. It has everything you could want. Clean well furnished rooms, a functioning shower that has running hot water, ceiling fan, a tv, mosque upstairs (I stayed there 2 ramadans ago and I didn't set alarm for suxuur that's how nice the athan was at waking me up :D), a decent restaurant downstairs and a small supermarket as well in case you need to buy something (a bit irrelevant since you are in Islii afterall). Oh, and they have the best shandarwads (mosquito nets) I have ever seen. None of those cheap ones with the tiny holes, this one is like a silky material suspended from the four posts of the bed (yep four poster bed) that's translucent. As for restaurants, the ones in Islii are all pretty much the same. As for the ones in town I have no clue, never been to any of them (the Town is sleepy compared to Islii :D).

Are you gonna visit NEP?

STOIC   

Haatu, I have a friend that flies one of those flights to NEP so yeah definately I'll visit there, but only by flying lol..I can't stomach the bus ride . I will check out the Andalus and hopefully the Sheikhs will be more welcoming of Qurbajoog.I definately will not be chasing any skirts in nairobi since I'm a married man so Carafaat warning of the place doesn't affect me So much hahaa.....

Haatu   

STOIC;932070 wrote:
Haatu, I have a friend that flies one of those flights to NEP so yeah definately I'll visit there, but only by flying lol..I can't stomach the bus ride . I will check out the Andalus and hopefully the Sheikhs will be more welcoming of Qurbajoog.I definately will not be chasing any skirts in nairobi since I'm a married man so Carafaat warning of the place doesn't affect me So much hahaa.....

There are flights to NEP? To Garissa as well? Why didn't anyone tell me?

STOIC   

There are flights So I heard..My friend did attend his Flight school here in the US and left for good after finishing his Flight School.Now he flies all over Somalia and NEP.I don't mind paying extra..haha

STOIC   

I don't know what it cost.But I'm sure they are nothing more than hundred dollars.I thought reer UK go to Africa alot than us North Americans.How many times did you go back?