Sign in to follow this  
Tallaabo

Let us scrutinise the Oromos.

Samafal   

Tallaabo;931685 wrote:
Are you joking? Diri Dhabe not Diri Dawa as the Ethiopians call it, was the heartland of the Somali *** clan. It is named after that clan and has nothing to do with the Oromos. I too have a huge problem with the aggressive land grabbing policy of the Oromos, they should be confronted and dealt with but please let us not insult them after all they are our closest cousins.

What does Dirir Dhabe mean? is it Somali word? I can understand the clan name but the word "dhabe" does not sound Somali at least in that context. You guys don't realize that Somalis and Oromos had thousand of years connection in those areas and it's hardly easy to determine what is Somali or Oromo due to closely related culture and language. There are even some Somali clan called Akisho who claim to be Oromos and speak Oromos, this same clan live in Gabiley, North West Somalia and our XaajiXunjuf aka Haji Hate could be from this tribe :)

Anyways this discussion brings me to another topic pertaining to change of demographics. I see a lot Somalis belief that if their clan dominated an area years ago, but due to a lot of other forces and that clan moves on to other areas, they still want to claim that area. To me it's illogical if you can not hold a place population wise, that place is not yours any more. This causes many disputes in the Somali peninsular where clans narrate historical facts, town names and what have you to prove their claim over a region, town, village and grazing land. What do you guys think of this?

Samafal imam ahmed guray raids he had many oromo foot soldiers mostly from the arsi, and some somali clans married from the gallas and are maternally gallas. The same as the Somali clan u mentioned because of their interaction with the gallas they are closely associated. Garaad wiilwaal was the galla defeater and he cleaned them from the territory.