Sign in to follow this  
xiinfaniin

Kismayo Update

Carafaat   

Illyria;943603 wrote:
According to local sources, all is well and things are progressing rather well. Delegates are being finalised and the election process could begin as soon as all the delegates are in. Middle Juba is pending. Gedo and Upper Juba are in.
And a president could be sworn in as early as the first week of May

xiinfaniin;943606 wrote:
^^That is exactly what my feeds are reporting as well.Things are progressing well indeed

Xiin, when can we expect the election of the Jubbaland admin?

N.O.R.F   

xiinfaniin;946840 wrote:
^^Where you see a problem , I see progress NORTF.

But the political objections from Mogadishu can easily be overcome. Once a president is elected, parliament is in place and an administration is selected, Jubbaland will submit its charter to the parliament. The parliament will examine the charter to ensure federal constitution superiority over national matters and will respond accordingly ...

That is the process President Hassan worked overtime to politicize ...it is simple in concept and not difficulty at all in execution either

This is Africa saxib. Although the government is opposed to it, they're concerns need to be addressed i.e. the elephants in the room - port revenues and Kenya's influence. How will this be addressed? Should it be addressed? Until this is discussed, I can see the legality of the state being up in the air for a while.

^^NORF,

Revenue is not an issue. Jubbaland recognizes federal government as a legitimate national government. As soon the parliament puts in place revenue sharing clauses (remember this was postponed during the run up to the Hassan's election), it shouldn't be an issue.

Kenya is not an issue here. Why would Kenya be accused for securing the city from Alshabaab? Uganda did the same for Mogadishu, did it not? Other than fadhi ku dirir talk, Somali government is not (and will not be) making such a claim awoowe.

Carafaat   

Xiinfaniin, so far the whole thing has been a farce, all theatre and no substence. Its still where it was 5 months ago, a couple of old men organizing a meeting in kismayo and diaspora parties.

-The Somali goverment doesnt recongnize it,

-It doesnt even control the diffrent clan militias within Kismayo,

-It has no political, military or economical leverage.

-The only thing it has is the Kenyan army securing 4 squite kilometer.

-After 5 months there is still no unified leadership of the clan block, let alone the region.

-Major cities in Middle jubba(Buale) and Gedo(Baardhere) are still controlled by Al Shabaab.

-Gedo has its own regional admin which opposes the whole thing.

Adeer, it has been 5 months and you havent produced anything, except for different clans and delegation members walking out angry on the obvious sinister agenda of the meeting.

^^Awoowe, markan oo kale waxaan jeclaadaa in admin ku forum ka nadiifiyo. Carafaat is over doing it, and the admin needs to moderate the forum.

Carafaat   

So typical. When one asks difficult questions you call for a ban. :D

P.S. You still have to answer my question regarding the timing of the election and Norf's questions.

^You have been very disruptive for this forum to produce any meaningful discussion. You continuously troll, killing promising threads. You add no value other than bombarding with propaganda, accusations, and thinly veiled insults to entire regions and people.

You do not belong to this forum in my opinion, but I got no power to do anything about your subscription to this joint.

Carafaat   

Carafaat;946858 wrote:
Xiinfaniin, so far the whole thing has been a farce, all theatre and no substence. Its still where it was 5 months ago,
a couple of old men organizing a meeting in kismayo and diaspora parties.

-The Somali goverment doesnt recongnize it,

-It doesnt even control the diffrent clan militias
within
Kismayo,

-It has no political, military or economical leverage.

-The only thing it has is the Kenyan army securing 4 squite kilometer.

-After 5 months there is still no unified leadership of the clan block, let alone the region.

-Major cities in Middle jubba(Buale) and Gedo(Baardhere) are still controlled by Al Shabaab.

-Gedo has its own regional admin which opposes the whole thing.

Adeer, it has been 5 months and you havent produced anything, except for different clans and delegation members walking out angry on the obvious sinister agenda of the meeting.

Irrelevant of your opinion about my online character here. My analysis still stand, after 5 months Jubbaland has all been all talk, no substance, no results, did not create more support from diffrent communities (even less support then in the beginning), Part of Gedo folks walked out and oppose the initiative, still no unified leadership while this was anounced so many diffrent times, still rely on Kenyan muscles rather then reducing its role in Kismayo by unifying the diffrent militias, Middle Jubba and large parts of Gedo are still under Al Shabaab.

Adeer your initiative did not lead to the political and military power leverage to play any signifcant role in Somalia. President Hasan Sheick refusal of this initiative had 0 consequence for his political and international support. Adeer, call it a day, abandon this Kenyan initiative and join the rest of Somalia in working together with the government.

This is another reason why you should be panned. You are a certified lair aan waxba xeerin. You should thank god that this is not my site :D

Carafaat   

Xiin, you are being emotional these days, things havent worked out. But you cant attack, call names and accuse everyone who opposes this Kenyan project. Lets keep the discussion on the content of this thread, Jubbaland.

^^No. there is not discussion to be had with YOU carafaat, you are nothing less than a stinking fart. Now go away to the qusacbalaat from which you come from.

Illyria   

So finally the reer Gedo issue has been resolved and put to rest. All groups are now in accord with their delegates and MPs allocation. IGAD observers have arrived and the election commission is in motion. Let the presidential election begin.