Sign in to follow this  
xiinfaniin

Kismayo Update

Illyria   

President-elect of Jubaland state of Somalia. And no matter what reer Galgaduud think they can do, their 'Ku qabso ku qadi mayside' efforts would mount to nought.

DSC02692.jpg

Illyria   

The biggest loser is President Hasan and his amateur politics. not only did he gamble away the goodwill, mandate, and legitimacy of the federal gov't that is now nothing but a political faction, he flashed down the Indian ocean the hope of those most in need of a real gov't: people of Muqdisho. he lost the political war. he will lose the diplomatic war too.

Illyria   

Those in Mogadishu lived through the 20 year-long war and are realistic. they know they are only in the game when there is no true challenger in the game. and remember it is reer Galgaduud whether Hiiraale or Xaad who are making the loudest noses, but never the hapless reer Modadishu whose houses mind you are occupied by the invading gangs of Galgaduud.

Baashi   

Xiin, Illyria -- do you have inside information on what went on in the run up to the election? Where is Gandi and et al?

By the way, international media is picking up the news.

Former Islamist warlord Ahmed Madobe has been elected "president" of Somalia's volatile southern Jubaland region following weeks of tense negotiations between rival factions, officials said Wednesday.

"Ahmed Madobe was elected by an overwhelming majority to be the president of Jubaland," said Abdi Nasser Serar, spokesman for the 500-strong conference of clan elders and local leaders who voted for a leader, a move opposed by the central government in the capital Mogadishu.

http://za.news.yahoo.com/ex-islamist-somali-warlord-elected-president-key-region-182133427.html

Jacpher   

^That's exactly what I thought of it sxb. Hassan is between a rock and hard place today. He's got nothing left for his administration if this thing blows out. Regardless of the outcome; I think enough damage is done to his legitimacy. I doubt if he can recover from his political failures.

Baashi,

The election took place and Madoobe won. Gaandi dropped out and canceled his candidacy (that is what the election commission said). Two other candidates also withdrew their candidacy endorsed Madoobe. A vice president was also elected from Gedo. I am not sure if others contended for that post.

But there is no contraversy so far about the election , read online portals Hiiraan Online included as to how things unfolded. It was rather orderly.

I am so proud the right candidate won the Jubaland presidential election and my wholehearted congratulations goes to Sheikh Ahmed “Madobe” Mohamed Islam.. . And Job well done to the delegates who voted for the right man to lead Jubaland to prosperity and a great future!

I wish the new President and the Jubaland state of Somalia all the best.

Carafaat   

xiinfaniin;950504 wrote:
Baashi,

The election took place and Madoobe won.
Gaandi dropped out
and canceled his candidacy (that is what the election commission said).
Two other candidates also withdrew their candidacy endorsed Madoobe
. A vice president was also elected from Gedo. I am not sure if others contended for that post.

But there is no contraversy so far about the election , read online portals Hiiraan Online included as to how things unfolded. It was rather orderly.

Xiin, election is supposed to be a race between diffrent candidates. There were no other candidates. :D