Sign in to follow this  
xiinfaniin

Shows of Alshabaab Sympathy As Somaliland Cooperates with Puntland on Terror Cases

HARGEISA, Somalia Mar 17 2013 (Garowe Online) – A well known Sheikh in Somaliland stated at a Friday sermon that the Somaliland government was taking part in a war against Muslims after the breakaway region began cracking down on Al Shabaab related terrorists, Garowe Online reports.

Sheikh Abdirahman Adan Sunne who is a prominent scholar in Somaliland stated at a Hargeisa mosque on Friday that the government was responsible for taking part in a war against Islam and that the consequences could be dire for Somaliland.

In his 45 minute sermon, the Sheikh condemned the Rapid Response Unit (RRU) – a British trained counter-terrorism unit – for waging war against Islam.

Somaliland authorities have begun arresting and capturing alleged terrorists after national and international wide criticism for their inactiveness against terrorists operating in Somaliland.

Puntland has called on the Somaliland authorities to coordinate and cooperate with Puntland authorities to fight terrorism in the region. Some officials have accused the breakaway region of harboring terrorists as long as they didn’t carry out operations in Somaliland.

On Wednesday, Somaliland authorities extradited Abdullahi Osman Aynte, an alleged accomplice and organizer of the assassination of the prominent Sheikh Abdiqadir Farah Nur.

This is the first threat and accusations of that nature by an Islamic scholar from Somaliland, since Somaliland’s crackdown on terrorists in the region began last month.

Also in Somaliland, members of the opposition have criticized Somaliland President Ahmed Mohamed Silanyo for opting not to take part in the upcoming London conference on Somalia.

President Silanyo took part in last year’s conference alongside Puntland President Abdirahman Mohamed Farole and then Transitional Federal Government President Sharif Sheikh Ahmed.

- See more at: http://www.garoweonline.com/artman2/publish/Somalia_27/Somalia_Sheikh_threatens_Somaliland_on_anti-terrorism_operations.shtml#sthash.ZARk0q1D.dpuf

Try again. Perhaps you should tell us more of what you should know. This is a real story about Hargeysa feeling heat for its cooperation with Garoowe :D

Somaliland should not work with pirates , Somaliland and , the garowe clan enclave exchanged few times POWS. And deporting an alleged suspect is the least the SL security forces could do. But that's not an act of cooperation more like that SL was in a happy mood that day. The garowe clan enclave should deal with Shabaab on their own. Or try to get help form their brothers Culusow and CO perhaps general bahuku can assist.

^^:D :D

As I told you before the pride shown by Somaliland supporters on the internet portals is out of synch with what is on the ground. Somaliland is wisely cooperating with Puntland in tackling the problem of alshabaab. But local alshabaab sympathizers are speaking up and they must be dealt with swiftly.

Bravo, as if you're telling us new found knowledge. This was the right move. Somaliland and its supporters are realistic in seeing the great danger of Al Shabaab. They're not blinded by the ego-driven sermons of the Cafe Calaacal's of Minnesota.

I suggested this the day the AS criminals where captured (Feb.19, precisely one month ago):

Mintid Farayar;919674 wrote:
It would make sense to hand the killers to the region where the crime was committed, in this case - Puntland. Let their justice system deal with them.

Just my humble opinion...

http://www.somaliaonline.com/community/showthread.php/69865-Somaliland-Catches-Killers-of-Garowe-Sheikh?p=919674#post919674

^^Alas you were in the minority as obvious in the very same link you posted :D

Some even cited the non existent extradition treaty Somaliland supposed have :

Article 35: Extradition of Accused and Convicted Persons and Political Asylum

3. The Republic of Somaliland may extradite to their countries convicted or accused foreigners if there is a treaty between the Republic of Somaliland and the country requesting their extradition.

This Sheekh gave a powerful sermon in Hargeysa (he is not a cafe sheekh as you asserted). I hope as part of grand Alshabaab fight, the RUUs will move against him. And just to make sure your efforts are appreciated, Puntland and Somalis everywhere appreciates your efforts against this group

^^No emotions are involved ...if there is any hint of emotion it is the fact these topics are keeping you still up when you supposed to be going to bed :D

Today is a good news for Kismayo ...at least admit that much. It is not however good for Somaliland's political standing as signs of internal xasaasiyaad siyaasi wal amni can obviously be observed

Jacaylbaro, will be the ultimate source for stories like this. What is the standing of this sheekh in Somaliland. I for one never heard of him, but my knowledge of Somali Muslim Scholars is quite rusty as I only know the ones I knew when I was young.

The source is Garoweonline they are creating fictional characters Adan sunne who the hell is he, yet garowe site is claiming that SL is cooperating with them when thats not the case. If the Sheikh they are referring to is Adan siiro , than Adan siiro is wanted and threatened by Alshabaab the whole story doesn't make sense.

LOL @ "But that's not an act of cooperation more like that SL was in a happy mood that day." :D:D:D

Walahi Odeygaan caadi ma aha...lol

To Xiin:

Sillanyo has no choice but to start dismantling the safe haven he's been providing Al Shabab all these years. His whole presidency depends on it, for the Brits & others who rule Somalia will not have it any other way.

And kudos to the old man-- this calaacal from the Al Shabab clerics of Hargaysa is proof he is doing a good job so far.

^ I agree.

Siilaanyo has to be commended for understanding Alshabaab is an enemy for all Somalis. His security cooperation with Puntland is also commendable