Sign in to follow this  
Somalicentric

From yours truly.

Wadani   

Apophis;925333 wrote:
You just repeated exactly what I said.

I did didn't I? Atleast I disagreed with ur usage of the word arbitrary. lool

Wadani   

Disclaimer: Im not a misogynist. I'm happy Somali woman are making great strides in education, work, business and politics. I just don't want the western feminist poison of women vs men to take hold and sour the beautiful and symbiotic relationship between Somali men and women. To all my Somali sisters out there, much love and respect.

Lets be clear this is far from "penis envy" nor am i trying to further this banal exchange to gender binary noise.

& there is nothing intrinsically valuable about western epistemology, so to clump me with the mainstream idea of feminism (i.e, middle age white women who gloss over race, class, ethnicity, sex/gender orientation) & the occasional few that are a few fries short of a happy meal is just down right dismissive & reducing. In addition, some things should go without saying, like my love for Somali brothers... i shouldn't be passively coerced to say this to gauge whether what I'm espousing can be written off as *insert man bashing sentiment here.* That brings me to something else that should go without saying...

Wadani;925346 wrote:
Disclaimer: Im not a misogynist.

:D:D

Furthermore, the amount of male members that feel the need to intervene as "the voice of reason" masquerading as "coming to my aid" should be indicative of something.

Wadani   

Somalicentric;925371 wrote:
Lets be clear this is far from "penis envy" nor am i trying to further this banal exchange to gender binary noise.

& there is nothing intrinsically valuable about western epistemology, so to clump me with the mainstream idea of feminism (i.e, middle age white women who gloss over race, class, ethnicity, sex/gender orientation) & the occasional few that are a few fries short of a happy meal is just down right dismissive. In addition, some things should go without saying, like my love for Somali brothers... i shouldn't be passively coerced to say this to gauge whether what I'm espousing can be written off as *insert man bashing sentiment here.* That brings me to, something else that should go without saying...

The amount of male members the feel the need to intervene as "the voice of reason" masquerading as "coming to my aid" should also be indicative of something.

Thanks for the clarification. U don't put western ways of knowing on a pedestal, and u love ur fellow Somali brothers. Hmm, I think we can get along just fine. :D

raula   

Wadani;925272 wrote:
Another mindless feminist drone, fresh off the assembly line from your nearest sociology/women studies faculty of mass production.

this is where things went down hill..attack the argument bro & not the person.

I concur w/SCentric

Wadani   

raula;925374 wrote:
this is where things went down hill..attack the argument bro & not the person.

I concur w/SCentric

Ur right Raula, thanks.

Wadani;925372 wrote:
Thanks for the clarification. U don't put western ways of knowing on a pedestal, and u love ur fellow Somali brothers. Hmm, I think we can get along just fine.
:D

(fights the urge of not taking the open shot)

Let the Kumbaya moment ensue.

How befitting eh? :)

Malika   

"Now you understand

Just why my head's not bowed.

I don't shout or jump about

Or have to talk real loud.

When you see me passing

It ought to make you proud.

I say,

It's in the click of my heels,

The bend of my hair,

the palm of my hand,

The need of my care,

'Cause I'm a woman

Phenomenally.

Phenomenal woman,

That's me. " - from Maya to you Somalicentri

ps. I think you had given up the fight/argument with wadani too easly...by the way who is he to announce that Somali men had given Somali women the right to be?

When its Somali girls that get mutilated for the chance of marrying some farah , its a Somali woman that struggles to raise children [ kuwa miyi jooga iyo tii toronto joogta baa], work for the family [kuwa suuqa fadiya iyo taa bbc cleaner uu tahay],...oh, Somali women are no bodies when it comes to the Somali clan structure - iska baa daa when decisions are to be made, they are never to be consulted...marka I want to know the rights to be uu shegeyoo wadaani...women struggles are not defined by the feminist movement, using them for arguments sake is being ignorant. Women are being battered, raped, humiliated, tortured, ignored, underpaid, murdered , mutilated, forced, burnt ..just because they are women...

To demand equality now is seen as penis envy aa??..oh dear.

Waa halki Juxa, we are in trouble - hadhee baa abayashii saan uu fikireyaan...I hope those of you whom are raising daughters to encourage your daughters to be all they want to be and some more...

Blessed   

^Bal sheeko xariirtan na loo dhisayo ma la yaabtay.

lool@Wadani. It had little to do with benevolence, dear and a lot to do with the advent of the industrial revolution and the need to feed the capitalist monster ---- as well as 'mad women' who made men’s lives a rather uncomfortable.

nuune   

Does Jinni women included in the list, I haven't asked them runti waxaan ka yaabi inaan ku ag ceeboobo meeshii la iga sugayey hadyad aan anoo fara maran keeno, mana weydiin karo oo waan ka yara khajilayaa, waxaan sameeyo ma aqaan runti, xaalku ma sahlana maadaama aan dhowr bilood ka maqnaa qolyaheygi, bishan dhaxxdeeda ayey i sugayeen iney inoo dhamaato waanwaantii dhaxdhaxaadinta, bal anoo ibnu aadam ah ayey iga xanaajiyeen, maxey iga sugayeen bal, hada ayagey Jiq ku tahey iyo nus, ha ka xaaxaabiyeen hee, anyway, waiting a BIG convoy arriving from them this mid-month which will take me out, just wondering what the convoy would consist of, I know tii iney ku jirto balse indhahaan u gaduudin lana hadli maayo dhowr second, kolleey aabaheedna wuu la socdaa xaal marina wey ii wadaan waxey noqon doonto xaalku ma ogi balse foori(whisper) ayaa waxaa igu soo gaadhey in afar ka mida convoyga uu ku jiro hadyad xaal marin la ii siin rabo, hadyada culeeskaa iyo xajmigaa dhan ma aqaan meeshaan geyn doono iyo waxa ay ka koobantaheyba, in case ay noqoto inaan la share-gareeyo this hadyad with my Solers, I would do so in order of Soler-priority, but waxaan ka baqi hadhow in la i dhaho wax aan la aqoon baad ibnu aadamkii siisey wana kaa kaw bey naftu ka wada tidhi, bal waan eegi, toe fingers crossed.