Sign in to follow this  
Xaaji Xunjuf

The problem why Somalia is not moving forward

The United States used to be a "nation" of people hostile to one another.

People in Pennsylvania didn't trust the people of Georgia, who didn't trust the people of Tennessee, who didn't trust the people of New York, etc.

And this was perfectly fine, because the US Federal Government was tiny. It did almost nothing at all.

But over time, these state identities no longer mattered, and people stopped seeing themselves as "New Yorkers" or "Georgians" and started seeing themselves as Americans instead

Somalia   

The secessionists are speaking in tongue, let me translate.

Two blocks have kept Somalia from moving forward but the establishment of Jubbaland will certainly turn the tide in favour of the block who is against our secession. This block hates us so much and want to cause us so much pain. The realization has resulted in some of our people (ethnic Somalilanders) to wake up from our political purgatory. We as secessionists must change our tactics which are out of date.

I am a proud secessionist, may our people prevail.

Amen, Xaaji, AMEN! :D

Who wrote that crap Somalia how does what happens in Kismayo effect Somaliland., i have never heard a Somaliland official talking about Kismayo. only faisal ali warabe but he said to the those in Somalia,, laascaanood is not Kismayo :D

Somalia   

Man it's all qabiil related, it will always be. I heard this stuff from Somaliland fadhi ku dirir cafe in Wembley area in London with SNM portraits hanging on the wall, so I believe my made up quote could indeed be reality. :D Laascaanood-Khaatumo-Puntland-Somaliland business no one cares, war the real football game is in the south, especially Mogadishu, inshallah we will all meet there again :D

As for Faisal Waraabe it is one of the few times I can agree with him!

DoctorKenney;924112 wrote:
The United States used to be a "nation" of people hostile to one another.

People in Pennsylvania didn't trust the people of Georgia, who didn't trust the people of Tennessee, who didn't trust the people of New York, etc.

And this was perfectly fine, because the US Federal Government was
tiny
. It did almost nothing at all.

But over time, these state identities no longer mattered, and people stopped seeing themselves as "New Yorkers" or "Georgians" and started seeing themselves as Americans instead

Somalis need to find their own system a system they are happy with , only then they can move forward, the plan to have a goverment that is not really a goverment is perfect , a goverment that just assists with security but allows the states to develop their own regions actually being boss of their own regions is a perfect plan. My friend Pan Somalism was a very un Somali concept our fore fathers believed never in a state a governing system for all Somalis , every one ruled his own little turf, our ancestors only started with the Pan Somalism, 80 years ago , to create some sort of a state some where in the late 30s they started establishing political parties , based on pan Somalism. SYL SNL . But we were never liked it was unSomali it was a reaction to colonialism. But when the colonialists left we went back to our own Somali nature, Somali nationalism never really existed in our households we went along with it , the notion to be ruled by a structured state is unfamiliar, in Somali societies. So you're idea might just work for Somalis.

Jacpher   

Xaaji Xunjuf;924098 wrote:
I doubt it ,1/3 of the Somalis believe that they already broke away, the rest is busy creating clan states between a centralized system and a clan federalism. i dont think all Somalis believe in this unity , further more a Somali in Mogadishu feels more closer to general Bahuku than a fellow Somali from Kismayo. The other Somali from Kismayo believes that general kwuanku is closer to him than a fellow Somali in Mogadishu. And we still dont have a winner.

And who said a kid in Ethiopia is closer to him than a kid in.....well you know the answer. :D

Welll he claims to be from a different country and has nothing to do with somalia, while those from Mogadishu and Kismayo claim to be from the same country you have to understand faisal ali waraabe doesnt consider reer Mogadishu his country men lets be clear on that he said several times he consider somalia a dead body, that is being dragged behind somaliland.

I am not saaxib somalidu horta runta maxay u diidaan. Faisal cali waraabe wuxu yidhi aniga somalia shaqo kuma lihi haday heshinayan iyagay u taala anigu shaqo kuma lihi, isku umad nihin iskunsiyaasad ma nihin isku dhaqan ma nihim xita isku afsomali manihin somalia na wa meyd somaliland laa dabo sido, nin sida yidhi maxa baad iskags mashauulin. Laakin kuwam xamar iyo kismayo wada jooga eeh somalia ah bal iyagu maxay isku haystaan, eeh labada bantu u kala safan iyo cidi badinaysa dagaalki sookeeye weye shekadu adeer

Another dilemma is the Somali identity till the day of today we sill have no clue what it really stands for. Often confused with term Somali politicians love to use which is Somalinimo , is it a political construct an ethnic construct or a cultural one , the subconscious alligence to the people not the country but clan sub clan and culture one finds it that Somalis do not identify themselves with Somali before they adopted the name Somali.Reason why Somalis , do not act as a nation not in midevil time and certainly not now in the 21 century. Its because the nation they were forcing to create, was just a mere step in the political evolution that was about to take place because of several factors the colonial experience and because the neighboring states in east Africa were going through a similar process.And so that its people could overcome the problems facing the Somali race but it backed fired, and the question is why?

Abwaan   

Xaaji, who told you that Somalia is not moving forward? look at all the changes including your uncles moving back to the South.:D When are you coming? You deserve a big welcome back from Abwaan.:D And you will say in your speech "idinkamaan dheereyne, waan yara mashquulsanaa":D

Taleexi   

If history sums up to anything. There has never been a clear winner in Somali politics and in light of our social fabric there will never be ONE. All we need is a political justice, as long as that is absent; Somalia shall never see the light of normalcy. Nevertheless, the potential is there.

N.O.R.F   

Somalis need to learn that sharing a dish of bariis is better than fighting over it. Chances are it won't happen anytime soon. It won't happen anytime soon because too much water has passed under the bridge and its not in our intellectual capacity to share.

Taleexi;924288 wrote:
If history sums up to anything. There has never been a clear winner in Somali politics and in light of our social fabric there will never be ONE. All we need is a political justice, as long as that is absent; Somalia shall never see the light of normalcy. Nevertheless, the potential is there.

Waka garaadki ba asiibay,, Abwaan na wuxu leeyahay sawnaga hagaagsan, meeshay sartu ka qudhuntay ba wu iska indho tiraya well said ya taleexi.