Sign in to follow this  
Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar

Doorashada Kiinya: Liveblogging

The old baarlamaan is defunct, but the new available seats is as follows: 290 MP seats, plus 47 seats allocated solely for women. The senate, which is a new chamber, has 47 elected seats available.

This election is unprecedented since there are six different elected bodies -- presidency, senate, MPs, women's representatives, governorship and county representives. All being elected today.

It seems their new constitution heavily borrowed from the American system of governance without being federal system, though.

More than 800,000 votes counted, Kenyatta is leading 57% of the votes. Odinga with almost 39% of the votes. This is totally unexpected. I do think the Odinga strongholds are not being counted yet to tally. There is no other possible reason.

By the way, to win the presidency, one would need a simple majority: 51% of the votes. Otherwise, there would be a run-off within a month with the two leading candidates remaining.

Haatu   

Where's tutu? Sxb, give me details on Gsa. Who's leading between Cali and Nadiif? How's Yuusuf Xaaji holding up against Faarax Macallin? Apparently the situation doesn't look good for ina Afeey, any details on that?

I don't know, brother. Laakiin waa runtaa totally unexpected, too. Guddoomiye Axmed Isääq Xasan just concluded his press briefings with tallies still pouring. He said he will hold next press conference tomorrow. Kenyatta still leading with 56% of the counted votes against Odinga's 37%. More than 1,150,000 of the votes counted. Twelve percent of the precincts reporting.

14 million registered voters and only 1 million counted, this is going to be a long counting, I think we will find the winner in few days time.

But it doesn't look good for Odinga and his luo tribe, the Kikuyus are taking it again it seems.

an analysis on demographics and political alliances with respect to the election is due . I am big picture guy so I need an eagle's eye analysis, a 30-thousand feet view.

War Apo, iigu tuur ninyahow .

Haatu   

It's simple, The Kikuyus will vote for Kenyatta and the Luos for Odinga. The other ethnic groups will vote for whoever their particular candidate supports.

tutu   

Only 10% of the votes are so far counted. And Uhuru has an early lead. All in all, it doesn't look good for Raila. Seems he has lost the solid support he used to have in Northern parts of the country. From Mandera to Marsabit. Western is divided too. These are areas that were strongholds of Raila's ODM, Therefore, the chances of a Raila presidency is quite slim.

As far as I know......In Garissa town Joofle is leading (Duale is def out). Shidiye won Lagdera while Ina Ibrahim Abass is apparently the clear winner in Ijara. Some reports indicate Nadhif is leading in the governor's elections while Haji leads in the senate one. Things will be clear by tomorrow morning.

You can follow the presidential race live here: http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/ktn/live

or http://www.ntv.co.ke/live/

Haatu   

I had a feeling Haji would be too tough for Macallin. It's as you say, it looks like Nadif might win but we'll see.