Sign in to follow this  
Carafaat

Political solution for the Jubbaland deadlock

The Zack   

Mario Michael,

I was joking with Carafat, however, the "Federal government" can't do that, there is this thing called the CONSTITUTION. There are parts of it that cannot be changed by this government. I am just saying. Thanks to Faroole :)

STOIC   

Carafat, Oba may deny me the citizenship of Mogadishu only (sad as it sounds) but you on the other hand all I have to do is send my application to Xaaji warabe and I have my Somaliland passport. And to make you mad I have 25 % Caag dheer blood...lol

In all seriousness there were people who died in this clan-war and it would have been decent to see the brothers act no less swiftly in their restrain from bragging about who have the biggest guns.The normal and moral thing would have been to think before posting any inflammatory websites links.However remote they are from corridors of firing squads, their inflamatory posts can ignite more hatred.

Odey   

Even though I am from Xamar, I think The Fedaral government should stick to the constitution which is essentially the thing that brought them to power and stop antagonizing people around the country. The constitution gives certain devolution rights to the citizens and provided they get together and decide to form a state with two or more of the former 18 provinces, then they can.

I strongly believe the Government mishandled this issue with blind fury. What they should have done is be the "Government" and urge the locals to form their states while providing them with expertise, financial support and maintaining the "Elder" distance and overseeing the family, not getting in their and fighting with the kids. By doing this, it has completely shot to pieces the credibility of the Government not to mention the fact that they lost a golden opportunity to strengthen grassroots Democracy by encouraging this devolution process.

finally, this is one of many groups they have antagonized. From what I noticed so far, they managed to alienate most of the International agencies working out of Mogadishu( They are all smiles, but privately, they have been iced and abused, and they in turn are busy creating a certain "opinion"around the world for this government), they have also alienated all the neighboring countries( whether you like it or not they are in the country under AMISOM and you need them as much as they need you),

They have also managed to do similar things to many other international bodies including the EU and others. Don't be fooled by all the visits that are happening in good old Mogadishu, nothing will materialize, they are all going through the motions and in a short period of time funds will start to dry out. The honeymoon is nearing the end and they just don't get it!

STOIC   

Odey, I'm as ignorant as one can be in this issue.I was once told this was an issue of charcoal and who can manage the city business.But it seems there is many power players here. and it is all about forming a regional state.I guess yesterday quite is today crisis for this central government in Mogadishu. If it is to my understanding there is two big D-block clan that are fighting over this region(sorry I know it feels impolite to mention clans, but we can't brush this clan element aside).Why can't they sit down and have some sort of regional administration that everyone is happy? I find this government intensely conflicted. They have been in authority for some time and they still can't address the ever emerging concerns from Kismayu?

STOIC;921268 wrote:
Carafat, Oba may deny me the citizenship of Mogadishu only (sad as it sounds) but you on the other hand all I have to do is send my application to Xaaji warabe and I have my Somaliland passport. And to make you mad I have 25 % Caag dheer blood...lol

In all seriousness there were people who died in this clan-war and it would have been decent to see the brothers act no less swiftly in their restrain from bragging about who have the biggest guns.The normal and moral thing would have been to think before posting any inflammatory websites links.However remote they are from corridors of firing squads, their inflamatory posts can ignite more hatred.

Waryaa isku Xishood every irir is welcome in xamar :D

STOIC   

^Irir is marriage of convinience lakiin markaa laisgalaa (like Prof Samatar said) niin Sijuii aaah baan noqon somahaa...

STOIC;921292 wrote:
^Irir is marriage of convinience lakiin markaa laisgalaa (like Prof Samatar said) niin Sijuii aaah baan noqon somahaa...

Maya maya thats wrong Stoic wakiil baan ka noqonaa like HY is wakiil of the bantu group in SL sow dhag maaha? :D

STOIC   

Oba, keep the image of Mogadishu safe and who knows every Somali will be proud to visit one day, but as long as the stigma of killing continues people will look for other options.

PS I honestly had no idea what IRIRISM was until I asked someone in real life and he told me to STOP reading clan websites lol

Mario B   

The Zack;921264 wrote:
Mario Michael,

I was joking with Carafat, however, the "Federal government" can't do that, there is this thing called the CONSTITUTION. There are parts of it that cannot be changed by this government. I am just saying. Thanks to Faroole
:)

But the constitution also mentions that the Federal government has sovereignty over all her lands. This is the reality which most clan states don't want to acknowledge. It may not choose who govern but it has the duty to supervise those selections/elections. It also has the duty of to insure we don't have another 'Somaliland' in the jubboyinka.:)

The Zack   

That is different part of the cake. You were claiming the FG has the authority to put the federalism into "bed". You should know that they have no such authority. The people of Jubba want to have a federal state, why is that bothering the HAG?

Mario B   

The Zack;921302 wrote:
That is different part of the cake. You were claiming the FG has the authority to put the federalism into "bed". You should know that they have no such authority. The people of Jubba want to have a federal state, why is that bothering the HAG?

The clue is in the federal part, you can't have a state without the supervision of the Federal Government. Our constitution is provision, it can be changed. especially, the 2.5 part. I believe in 18 region federalism which is much more democratic.

P.s I dont belong to HAG, you can address that to Oba and the like.

Odey   

STOIC;921289 wrote:
Odey, I'm as ignorant as one can be in this issue.I was once told this was an issue of charcoal and who can manage the city business.But it seems there is many power players here. and it is all about forming a regional state.I guess yesterday quite is today crisis for this central government in Mogadishu. If it is to my understanding there is two big D-block clan that are fighting over this region(sorry I know it feels impolite to mention clans, but we can't brush this clan element aside).Why can't they sit down and have some sort of regional administration that everyone is happy? I find this government intensely conflicted. They have been in authority for some time and they still can't address the ever emerging concerns from Kismayu?

Brother, the issue and reason for the fight yesterday in my view is not politically motivated, but rather because someone was pissed off that his family member was locked up and the other side didn't address it with a cool head either. Things flared up and bob's your uncle. this is not a political fight as many try to make out.

On the issue of how the Government handled this, well it is purely ignorance coupled by a bit of Qabiil amongst the ranks in the higher posts. Qabil is always in Somali politics wherever it maybe and the Government is no different. They also have an issue of control, something this Administration seems paranoid about. Deadly combination.

Before anyone calls me a sell out, I just wish to make it clear that I am not Dam Jadid party, They are in power and I respect that, but do not share their views. Far from sharing their views, I am actually critical of the way they have handled themselves thus far.

Lastly, people come on!, common sense please?.

Odey   

Mario B;921300 wrote:
But the constitution also mentions that the Federal government has sovereignty over all her lands. This is the reality which most clan states don't want to acknowledge.
It may not choose who govern but it has the duty to supervise those selections/elections
. It also has the duty of to insure we don't have another 'Somaliland' in the jubboyinka.
:)

Correct on one point, but sadly the FG has taken it a bit too far by refusing to accept the locals to create their states. This is evident in Jubbaland, Bay& Bakool areas. they are bending the rules. I agree with the fact that the Sovereignty and unity of the Nation is non-negotiable, something I doubt those in Jubbaland or Bay & Bakool will ever do if we are honesty speaking and putting aside the media hype. cool heads is what we need, not sensationalising. Besides we have Ethiopian Troops in Bay & Bakool, and the locals there also wish to create their own state. why aren't they being accused of wanting to secede?.

Odey   

The Zack;921302 wrote:

I take offense to this!There is no such thing as HAG and if you are referring to the folks in Xamar, I am one of them and I have different views, why refer to qabiil?