Sign in to follow this  
Rahima

Strong hair and nails.

-Lily-   

I am tempted to pop those pills Rahima.

I prefer spray-on oil, it's lighter and dries much faster, really good for fine hair as it doesn’t weigh it down. If you want to splash out, at nearly £30 I find this a bit pricy but it has excellent reviews & my hair dresser recommended it.

Kerastase Elixir Ultime http://www.kerastase.com.au/products/elixir/elixir-ultime.aspx#tab=productApplication

Palmers Olive Oil Hair & Scalp Conditioner Spray at fraction of the cost does pretty much the same job (although Kerastane is much lighter) and I have used both.

The best thing I have ever used by far has got to be for the scalp, for anyone with sensitive scalp it really puts the fire out, absolute heaven. FRAGRANCE FREE 100% organic coconut hair oil from Neils Yard Remedies, and NO it doesn’t smell like anything coconut at all, it’s totally fragrance free, dry and melts on fingers. It has to be stressed though it’s good for scalp not necessarily hair itself, I found Palmers oil spray to be more smoothing. You can also put it on your skin, like elbows and knees or any dry patches (not the face).

http://www.nealsyardremedies.com/Coconut-Oil

Wearing natural material hijabs that let your hair breathe helps as well.

p.s. Blessed, you can find Sunsilk products on amazon.co.uk

Narniah   

I think these pills are an excellent option for people who lead fast-paced lifestyles and hardly get their 5 a days and all the nutrition from eating.

As for those who already get the vitamins from food there's no point taking pills.

-Lily-   

^^Yes and I think our genes probably have something to do with the type of hair we end up with. I guess it's all just improvement.

raula   

***waves @ Lily dearest :D

Noted @ Lily's & Aaliyaah's Suggestions.

Narniah dearest...some of us live in slowest of life but life in itself isn't faultless!

raula   

***waves @ Lily dearest :D

Noted @ Lily's & Aaliyaah's Suggestions.

Narniah dearest...some of us live in slowest of life but life in itself isn't faultless!

PS: Rahima first time i read your "MSM" walahi in my world (job/career) -infectious disease-what came to mind immediately was "MSM=Men who have sex w/Men"..i was like waaaaaaaaat???? maxaa mesha ka qaldan lol :D

Rahima   

Narniah;921844 wrote:
I think these pills are an excellent option for people who lead fast-paced lifestyles and hardly get their 5 a days and all the nutrition from eating.

That is me which is why i've resorted to the pill popping,lol.

Aaliyah- castor oil is supposed to be great for hair but how do you deal with the excessive greasiness?

Raula- I too was in the health field and i would forever put a health spin on abbreviations,lool. That said though i didn't make the connection with the MSM,lool.

Waves@ Lily and Serenity.

The best thing you can do for your hair is not to use any heat or dramatic styling. Also, try to use sulphate free shampoo and products that are as natural as possible; I highly recommend wild growth hair oil combined with organic argan oil.

Aaliyyah   

Rahima it is only greasy if you use it excessively. A little goes a long way like I pointed out earlier. In any case you can wash it off after few hours. You don't have to leave it on.

Aaliyyah   

Qoordheerey;922575 wrote:
The best thing you can do for your hair is not to use any heat or dramatic styling. Also, try to use sulphate free shampoo and products that are as natural as possible; I highly recommend wild growth hair oil combined with organic argan oil.

Where do they sell wild growth hair oil??..I think I saw it being mentioned in one of those hair forums.

I haven't used heat on my hair for months now. And I have no need for it.

Aaliyyah;922579 wrote:
Where do they sell wild growth hair oil??..I think I saw it being mentioned in one of those hair forums.

I haven't used heat on my hair for months now. And I have no need for it.

Amazon.

Malika   

^Yep, drinking water is important, every cell in our body needs water..ps. make sure the water is luke warm, its no good drinking cold water.

Kera Care hair products - seem to work for me.

Vitamin E oil [i use is on face/hair/body] from the health shop seem to work for me.

I would swear upon taking multi-vitamins - then again, they did and do work for me.

raula   

Malika..kuwii yar yaraa intaad kala celineysid..when do you have time for your hair dada? lol (kutania tu). Salams mpwenda & Aaliyah too :D