Sign in to follow this  
xiinfaniin

Arms Embargo should only be Lifted When Government Creates Viable National Army, Recruited from All

^^Call Oodka then.

Oodka and I belong to this fora's assembly of elders---I would violate the house rules to honor you with a serious response on a issue as important as this one.

^^:D

I thought on this issue (removed from xiin), you agree with the author and shared with gallery there is a behind scene policy formulation that would satisfy the central theme.

Daqane   

your refusal ya akhi to respond and engage with haatu, as the copy pasted article they seem to meld into a blur when it comes to you, haadi aad xishmaad uu qalantiid, you will admit haatu did not deserve such a blistering put down

Haatu   

Heh @Xiin. Just say you don't know how to reply without resorting to pathetic shenanigans. Kulaha violate house rules. What a joker.

^^What is that supposed to mean :D :D?

Liqaye , Haatu is a child under the shadow of the man called Daqane;, the intellectual spear of the Mo00ryaan culture, the pretense of nationalism, and the attempt to blur the mass lootings that took place in 1990s with a manufactured narratives of injustices and grievances that somehow supposed to give sympathy to the looters and muscle the voices of the victims.

Its true the so called Somali governmentt troops are unruly, undisciplined, poorly trained militia and mostly clan oriented. They have no aura of Somali army representation and so long they remain the same, I believe any arms that end in their hands will be a disaster and may lead to more problems and Isbaaros in Somalia.

With that said, I believe the current government must create and recruit a proper Somali army which is well trained, well disciplined and that comes from all corners of Somalia. They should have at least 5/6 bases in regions of the country or the administrations that are to be members of the federation of the Somalia. A base in what is today Somaliland (Berbera was one before), a base in Puntland (Galkayo used to beI think), one in Hiiraan, one in Bakool and one in Lower Jubba. All the mainn Somali cities should be army free including Mogadishu and only have well trained police force.

STOIC   

Xiinow,

First I have no idea what the IRIRISM is all about, and my observation of your thread was pure intentioned. You have not produced any profound insights nor any timely counsel. All I read was pure Paranoia. At least we Somalilanders are honest and pure with our intentions. Instead of fostering a healthy debate that could helpfully stimulate further public debate over arming the military institution you copied and pasted an article full of paranoia. This only lead me to believe that you are only championing a block to resolutions and advancement of Somalia policy.

You can be critical of the government without brushing the whole government policy as a sort of a one clan driven agenda. In the spirit of your Somalinimo, look more closely at what the options are for the current legitimate government that is supposed to protects its borders and Country!We all know soon or later the government needs Military institution. For how long should Somalia stay like this at the mercy of foreign military. Are you critics going to convince the government to recruit soldiers from other areas or just simply cry foul whenever a new government that is not lead by your clansmen? .

How is legitimately elected government going to move forward if everyone is as paranoid as you are? Somalia will be in a rough ride if you Unionist are not honest and Patriotic with each other! Institutions will not fall from sky one bright day when all Somali people decide to partake in their government. It will only occur through engagement and pure intentions.Thats all and I think that has nothing to do with any ISM you are insinuating!

Raamsade   

Actually, it is best that Somalia has weakly armed Military. We are still reeling from the deleterious effects of having one of the largest armies in Africa - the country has become awash with weapons that are still killing us. So, the smaller and lightly armed the army the better. But what we lose in size and armoury should be compensated by competence and capabilities. We need highly professional, mobile army that can quell militias at moments notice. No militia in Somalia has heavy weapons like tanks and artillery, so there is no need for heavy weapons. Just few AFVs, planes, ships will do fine.

And what is wrong with the National Army (NA) in Benadir region being composed of clans that settle that region? The NA in Jubba regions are comprised of clans from that region. What's the difference?

For those who deliberately chose to misunderstand the concerns raised in the article, I need not respond. For theirs is, well a deliberate, or worse lack of basic comprehension of a simply written paper.

For Liqaye, the man who reappeared in this fora with a new clannish gown, I have readily made answers and responses.

Daqane;917838 wrote:
loool good xiin, very good keep on avoiding haatus questions, if nothing else you are very enteraining...

Haatu, is not to be honored with a response. Did I not say that? The reason is he chose to be a shadow-- your shape without the depth :D

Raamsade, of course there is nothing wrong with NA in Benadir being from one clan but its better to have mixed army in all the regions of the country. But the most important part is the NA should have at least 5 bases in all over the country, trained and equipped equally.

Also I completely agree with your first paragraph, in fact that is the best route of action as things stand and given what we have gone through and also the military transformation and advancement the world armies have made. Its no longer the number that matters but the quality.

Here again is the paragraph ,

The current government in Mogadishu is dominated by one of the contestants of the civil war and resides in and around Benadir province – a hometown of one of the major Somali clans. Since the government has limited influence to localities beyond Benadir, the only pool of recruits and former clan militia fit for military service available to government are from this area. The view of many Somali analysts is that lifting arms embargo at this time will disproportionally benefit former clan militia in Benadir province.

And remedy, or policy recommendation:

The embargo must be lifted only, and only if, the government in Mogadishu agrees to create a viable, competent and inclusive national army recruited from all corners of the country. Government must first establish centers of training and military bases in strategically located areas throughout the country.

^Xiin the paragraphs above in your two posts are correct and point out the truth on the ground, why do you keep repeating it, is there anyone disputing it?

That point is fair and correct, we are all Somalis and know the reality on ground, lets not delude ourselves and prolong this unnecessary directionless discussion.