Sign in to follow this  
xiinfaniin

Arms Embargo should only be Lifted When Government Creates Viable National Army, Recruited from All

So for those with poor comprehension, lifting arms embargo on Somalia needs to be coupled with common sense safeguards and security policies that reflect prevailing mistrust among Somalia's current political stakeholders. What is suggested cannot be opposed by anyone who is interested in the revival of Somalia. For the former militia, it is a death nail as it ensures that monopoly of voilance will be in the hands of Federal army.

Abwaan   

Naxar Nugaaleed;917661 wrote:
There is an old Somali saying: gacmoho wadajir bay wax ku goyan. The time of rer hebel vs. rer hebel is over. We sink or swim together. Someone needs to remind this president and you hapless critics of Xiin of that.

:D Waa sax, waana in loo gudbaa in la wada noolaado. Calaacal iyo dhaar midna wax ma tarayaan. Kuwa rabo inay boor isku qariyaan 2013 uma soconayso. Qof walba wixii uu shaqaysto ayuu leeyahay, wax uusan shaqaysanna afka ma saarayo. Anigu waxaanba la yaabay dadka internetka keliya ayey ku kala qaybsan yihiin ee dhibkaan dalka gudihiisana ma yaallo. Xitaa degaannada lagu tuhunsan yahay inaysan la dhacsanayn dowladda ma yaallo.

Embargo-dana reer Galbeed way qaadi ama joojiya dhaha ama ha dhihina wax difference ah ma samaynayso. Qofkii cabsi ka qabo in ciddiisa la gumaadayo, haddaba yaan askarta qorashadeeda lagaaga hor marin oo xitaa wixii geel jire aad taqaan soo dhoob. Haddii kalena waxaanba ku dhihi lahaa niyadda khayr u sheeg waayo taasi maba dhacayso insha Allaah. War 2013 baa la joogaa Soomaali maalayacni dambe uma baahna.

Waranle_Warrior;917852 wrote:
^Xiin the paragraphs above in your two posts are correct and point out the truth on the ground, why do you keep repeating it, is there anyone disputing it?

That point is fair and correct, we are all Somalis and know the reality on ground, lets not delude ourselves and prolong this unnecessary directionless discussion.

Yes, the points are disputed. Brother STOIC, Raamsade , and yes Liqaye think there is a clannish agenda in suggesting such common sense.

It is repeated to help those with poor comprehension.

Raamsade   

Waranle-Warrior, don't lend an ear to Xiinfaniin who's been bit by the clan bug. Somali army has soldiers from many regions of Somalia and as it grows it will become more representative.

For example, the Somali National Army (SNA) soldiers in Beledweyne/Hiiraan are from the region. Those in Bay/Bakool are from the region. Those in Jubbooyinka are from the region. And those in Benadir are from the region. And the army are led by men from many different regions. The guy who leads the SNA is not from Benadir region.

So, Xiin and the author of this article want to sabotage this government. Their arguement is contrived and phony. It rests on paranoid fear of particular Somali clan. In other words, Xiin et al are still fighting the civil war. They need to let go and move on.

xiinfaniin;917854 wrote:
So for those with poor comprehension, lifting arms embargo on Somalia needs to be coupled with common sense safeguards and security policies that reflect prevailing mistrust among Somalia's current political stakeholders.

But that would be true for Ras Kamboni militia cum Somali National Army (SNA) as it would be true for the SNA in Benadir region. I just don't get what you're arguing for.

This is much ado about nothing and another attempted isbaaro for this government. Funny, yesterday it was Qanyar and Yalaxow as the main obsticles for attempts to create a lasting peace and functioning government for Somalia. Today, it is Ilmo Jaberti spearheaded as ever by Rer Boowe and Maandhow.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Chimera   

Xiin makes sense, and I don't see why he should be insulted for posting and agreeing with a sensible demand for a representative army drawn from all parts of the country. Nobody wants a repeat of the past, just building an army is easy, we want one that is universal and patriotic. We don't want our new army deployed to a region in the country where the people feel like their occupied by a foreign army, we want them to feel like they're being protected by their own sons and daughters. In a petty-clan society like Somalia this takes time and reconciliation.

However, the current system of soldier-selection is also the fault of the regional states, if they made their manpower available to the American/ European/ Turkish training programmes the way these regional administrations made their future intellect available for Turkish scholarships, we wouldn't be having this discussion, its a two way street.

It is however extremely important for our national interests and the legitimacy of the Federal Government that it's no longer dependent on any foreign force, especially ones with their own agendas. The Somali army that blietzkrieged Ethiopia in the 70s was 40 thousand soldiers strong, I think that is the figure Somalia should aim for, while at the same time push for a 100 thousand man police force disintergrated into independent departments, i.e the Mogadishu Police Department, the Hargeisa Police Department, the Bosaso Police department, the Coastal Police, the National Parks Police, etc.

The current Somali soldier is no less disciplined than any of our neighbours who rampage their own citizens on a daily basis, plenty of topics of which circulate on this forum. The only difference is the heavy weaponry. The latter is al-Shabaab's kryptonite, and for Somalis to be able to own the military situation, the way they now own the political process, will have to come in the form of tanks, ships and helicopters.

Chimera;917863 wrote:
Xiin makes sense, and I don't see why he should be insulted for posting and agreeing with a sensible demand for a representative army drawn from all parts of the country. Nobody wants a repeat of the past, just building an army is easy, we want one that is universal and patriotic. We don't want our new army deployed to a region in the country where the people feel like their occupied by a foreign army, we want them to feel like they're being protected by their own sons and daughters. In a petty-clan society like Somalia this takes time and reconciliation.

However, the current system of soldier-selection is also the fault of the regional states, if they made their manpower available to the American/ European/ Turkish training programmes the way these regional administrations made their future intellect available for Turkish scholarships, we wouldn't be having this discussion, its a two way street.

It is however extremely important for our national interests and the legitimacy of the Federal Government that it's no longer dependent on any foreign force, especially ones with their own agendas. The Somali army that blietzkrieged Ethiopia in the 70s was 40 thousand soldiers strong, I think that is the figure Somalia should aim for, while at the same time push for a 100 thousand man police force disintergrated into independent departments, i.e the Mogadishu Police Department, the Hargeisa Police Department, the Bosaso Police department, the Coastal Police, the National Parks Police, etc.

The current Somali soldier is no less disciplined than any of our neighbours who rampage their own citizens on a daily basis, plenty of topics of which circulate on this forum. The only difference is the heavy weaponry. The latter is al-Shabaab's kryptonite, and for Somalis to be able to own the military situation, the way they now own the political process, will have to come in the form of tanks, ships and helicopters.

Chimera, no one is disagreeing with Xiinfaniin, but go back on some of his posts here on SoL and see what kinda person he is. Normally, i try to stay away from Siyaad politics, but this guy goes outta his way to bait other people.

Waryaa Xiinfanin, nin yahow dadka wax la qabso, ama inaga daa BAROORARKAN. Nin buu ilahay kaa dhigee.

STOIC   

Chimera,

You making it sound like this is a foreign army being organized. We haven't reached yet the helicopters lol...Xiin is just Kaaligii waax garaat...The replication of his bolded print and accusation of comprehension problems is just a cover-up of his barefaced double-standard that only serves to open a gushing wound.No one is disputing the need for all inclusive army and I'm sure it is only logical the president of Somalia to build army from all Somali clans. I doubt anyone will say in a straight face that the Smilling-Somali president is willing to support a moral canibalism of previous Somalia.

Abwaan;917868 wrote:
Nin-Yaaban, saaxiib kii xiin ahaa miyaa la maray intaan maqnaa? Maxaa ku dhacayna?

Sxb, walahi ma aqaan. Waxaan is dhahayey, ninkaan Xiinfaniin waa rageedi, laakinse meeshaan uunbuu Muraacad la soo tagan yahay. Nin yahow dadka hala kala raayo, oo hala kala baxo, waa maxay muraac aan marnaba dhamaaneen? Waaba uu naceebeeyey ninkaan. :)

Abwaan   

Halloo samro xiin, wixii uu tabanayana waa laga daweynayaa....Waryaa Xiin sidee wax u jiraan? Wiilashan aad la tirsaneysid iska daa nin oday ah baan kugu ogaaye.!

Chimera   

Nin-Yaaban, sorry bro but I have no interest in going through old political topics, xiin has always had the best interest of the country in mind, even when most of us do not see the bigger picture.

STOIC;917870 wrote:
Chimera,

You making it sound like this is a foreign army being organized. We haven't reached yet the helicopters lol...Xiin is just Kaaligii waax garaat...The replication of his bolded print and accusation of comprehension problems is just a cover-up of his barefaced double-standard that only serves to open a gushing wound.No one is disputing the need for all inclusive army and I'm sure it is only logical the president of Somalia to build army from all Somali clans. I doubt anyone will say in a straight face that the Smilling-Somali president is willing to support a moral canibalism of previous Somalia.

The President is excellent, I saw him in London and what a great example of a Somali gentleman, very classic throwback to the 60s. I however think we should make sure every fine detail has been analysed and processed to prevent a repeat of the past. Helicopters and tanks are easy to come by, Turkey alone has the industry to equip us several times more than we need, and they are interested in doing so, therefore getting the hardware is not the problem, its who will man them that is the most important issue. Yes, with a crappy clan-system like that of ours, this is an important point that needs to be discussed, and yes to some if its not inclusive, it will be considered a foreign army, the way a Somali from a different clan can be seen as a total alien to a Somali from another clan, regardless of the myriad of ties that bond them. Post feudal Japan would have collapsed like a deck of cards if the Meji army consisted solely of a single clan.

STOIC   

Apo,

I'm guessing that comment was directed at me and sure who can dispute Xiin must be one hell of a hero for his false alarm built on a flawed reading of phobic Somali political cultures.I think you need to try harder Son.

STOIC   

First I'm not the secesionist shill on this boards.They are plenty to fill that gap.As for me the republic is NOT appealing to me yet (and yeah in case y'all didn't know that is just my Secessionist bias).I'm yet to find an enobling guilt in my heart for supporting secesionist goal. I'm still a staunch supporter of Somaliland secesion. I have hopes that things will improve in Somalia, but not when MYRMIDONs are convinced to derail the beutiful bus about to take-off..It is only in the basic of seeing an elegant and enduring Somali government that drives me to call out bullshiits when I see one.

I am loving this thread wallaahi.

Nin Yaaban, hore kuuma aqoon laakiin haddaan ku fahmay :D . The label does not stick awoowe. I have track records on these boards. No matter how Abwaan, Liqaye and co, and our born again secessionist brother STOIC try it.

Xiinfaniin-is-a-clannist has been a familiar trench for those who have no ability to argue on the merits on the issues as presented.

Waxaan se ku weydiiyey , how much shidaal baa lagugu shubtay :D?

Abwaan   

War ninkii Xiin ahaa kii buufis ugu weynaa baa intaan maqnaa ku dhacay. Waryaa goormaad is tiri Abwaan baa la tashtay liiskan aad igu dartay? Haddana Nin-Yaaban ma title baadba ka dhigtay? Allow sahal ummuuraha.