Sign in to follow this  
SomaliPhilosopher

I want to buy land!!

All eyes in terms of purchasing land in Somalia is on Mogadishu. Well that means the 'rent is too damn high'!!

In such case, I am interested in purchasing land in less popular places at the moment. How would I go about doing so.

I am looking at places like Merka, Afgoye, Barawe, Kismayo.... If anyone could provide me expertise in purchasing land and the value of plot in their respective region, it will certainty be appreciated.

Juxa   

Be careful, it is difficult to prove ownership of land and some land is subject to inheritance so cant be sold by a single vendor

Waranle_Warrior;916950 wrote:
Land? to do what exactly?

Real state is not a good idea in Somalia, don't buy a house or plot to build a house, its waste of time.

its better than taking out a mortgage and living life on the brink. i've bought several plots of land here but i'll just let market speculation increase its value every year. now is the time. its now or never.

chubacka   

^ always on the dramatic side Alpha hehe@ its now or never.

How much land are you looking to buy? What do you intend to do with it? Do you have someone to look after it for you if you are not planning on relocating?

Waranle_Warrior;916950 wrote:
Land? to do what exactly?

Real state is not a good idea in Somalia, don't buy a house or plot to build a house, its waste of time.

My friend Africa specifically Somalia is where its at. While you build your American dream home on the pillars of interest and mortgage, I will build my villa , my farm, or....

Alpha-indeed I agree. I also appreciate your welcome on your commendable thread

Chabuka-nothing ambitious. Enough to build a home when the money comes. Idk yet , it depends o the location if it is merka it will be a future vila, afgoye-a farm... As far as some one looKing after it , it depends on the place im flexible