Sign in to follow this  
Che -Guevara

Prone to Conflict and Anarchy

NGONGE   

If this were true, we would have had a full blown argument/fight on this thread by now. I think the "Somaliness" of some of you on this thread is suspect. :D

Well said Alpha.

There's this old man in Boston. When Sheikh Sharif arrived here, the old man suggested that people should protest against Sharif's presence, the reason being that Sharif opposed Yeey.

I didn't understand what possessed to suggest just thing for one, the man who is fighting on his behalf is dead and secondly, Sharif is no longer in power. What possible benefits can come out of this. It is also worthy noting Sharif gave Yeey a nice goodbye, personally I think that he didn't deserve that.

Xabad.....I think you have secluded yourself from argument.

Che -Guevara;915571 wrote:
Well said Alpha.

There's this old man in Boston. When Sheikh Sharif arrived here, the old man suggested that people should protest against Sharif's presence, the reason being that Sharif opposed Yeey.

I didn't understand what possessed to suggest just thing for one, the man who is fighting on his behalf is dead and secondly, Sharif is no longer in power. What possible benefits can come out of this. It is also worthy noting Sharif gave Yeey a nice goodbye, personally I think that he didn't deserve that.

Xabad.....I think you have secluded yourself from argument.

i agree. our people lack trust in each other. they are also suspicious of each other. bacada ha iska furan.

xabad   

How did i seclude myself ? anyways your question is not sincere, and has a political bent. this is a clannish issue and not a character problem per se.

Haatu;915599 wrote:
Somalis are disorderly, loud, disrespect authority, very cunning and prone to fits of violence/anger.

i'm not like that! LOL.

we need to rebuild the broken social fabric of our society at large. the 'troubles' have created a new group of somalis who are vicious and has indeed induced unruly behavioral patterns among our people both here and in the wider world.

i feel a society has to be built on the following things:

1. effective taxes system

2. trust in authority but authorities being accountable to the people and independent oversight

3. individual liberty been respected.

4. CLEAR strong laws NOT prone to flexibility, adaptability and abuse

5. strong governments/government capacity to develop long-term plans and to implement them too.

6. strong penalties for offenders but also to rehabilitate those individuals. imagine the job creation in prisons and other related industries LOL.

7. strong social institution. eg. family unit, schools, mosques etc.

8. effective media campaigns for information awareness

9. effective service delivery by governments/government

10. regional development in the periphery to ease overcrowding in the cities.

e.g. someone was telling me the other day, up to 65-80% of the residents, of hargeisa are, ''literally from the bush''. of course, he was hargeisa-di hore dee LOL. this is probably the same for other major settlements across the peninsula. the old hargeisa, the old mogadishu, the old bosaso have all fled to either the west or neighbouring regions but now return with delusional out-of-touch ignorance. when the new breed of new hargesawis, mogishawis etc came in their hordes, they literally came from the villages and brought their customs, norms and tuulo joog xumo from beeraha to the city. nonetheless, there is hope. its takes a generation or so to show marked progress and cosmopolitan-nimo.

i don't mean to offend any particular group of people but its important we make attempts to critically assess the situation and find solutions.

Al.

Haatu   

What is needed is education and a far-east style orderliness. Communal exercises first thing in the morning in all public places would work wonders IMO.

Marksman   

Haatu;915599 wrote:
Somalis are disorderly, loud, disrespect authority, very cunning and prone to fits of violence/anger.

I would love to go to a Somali event with all the phones on silent or off during speeches. That will be a day I will remember forever.

Marksman;915667 wrote:
I would love to go to a Somali event with all the phones on silent or off during speeches. That will be a day I will remember forever.

Mark,

where are you from?

your somalis are rather civilised ma istidhi?. where i was formally from in London, if there wasn't an ugly bloody fight involving a group of hoodlums, that event wasn't considered an event. the gazes exchanged with the hot xalimo was the starters, the event the main course and the fight the desert. LOOOOOOL. :D

underdog   

Haatu;915599 wrote:

Haatu,

I like how this statement perfectly matches your avatar. LOL

Marksman   

nuune;915481 wrote:
^^ So Marksman, you are also taking yourself out of the situation.

No I'm aware of this being in my blood as well. I'm just more aware of it.

Alpha Blondy;915668 wrote:
Mark,

where are you from?

your somalis are rather civilised ma istidhi?. where i was formally from in London, if there wasn't an ugly bloody fight involving a group of hoodlums, that event wasn't considered an event. the gazes exchanged with the hot xalimo was the starters, the event the main course and the fight the desert. LOOOOOOL.
:D

From the Netherlands. They're allright over here. I just go crazy when there's phones ringing during a speech and a Somali is just answering it. My friend from Eritrea just went to London for a couple of weeks. He shared that Somalis over there are a whole nother level. Not trying to generalize though. There are bad apples everywhere.

Marksman;915671 wrote:
No I'm aware of this being in my blood as well. I'm just more aware of it.

From the Netherlands. They're allright over here. I just go crazy when there's phones ringing during a speech and a Somali is just answering it. My friend from Eritrea just went to London for a couple of weeks. He shared that Somalis over there are a whole nother level. Not trying to generalize though. There are bad apples everywhere.

couple of things marka hore Markoow.

1. you're from holland LOL! need i say more...... somalis from holland have single-handedly reduced the collective will of the somali race by at least 23%. you've lost all credibility. hollandis somalis are without doubt the worse kind of somalis, i've ever encountered. 20 yrs + of being robbed of your heritage has resulted in your somalinimo being erased TOTALLY. you really ought to leave this thread immediately and express no further views about somali related affairs.

2. ta labaad, how dare you accept the words of a xabashi about your people. don't you know the habashi man hates us. all these euro-kids need dhaqan celis and quick.