Sign in to follow this  
oba hiloowlow

Alpha what on earth are you doing?

oba hiloowlow;914120 wrote:
LOL i have no idea what Luqun is walahi, as for dhako waa qoor aka neck according to me

Luqun is Waamo dialect...from Jubooyinka all the way to NFD...

underdog   

Because the rest of you think you're are "civilized" and reer magal, its in poor taste to knock the brother for not knowing any better. He's still your people, dammit!

What kind of example are you setting for the less socially adapted if all you can do is make fun of them?

Neck = luqun; qoor; sur; dhuun

Dhako = 1) hide oneself 2) crown of the head, summit. synonyms: baso, dhalo, kug

These are dictionary definitions, not from me!

So don't accuse Haatu of not knowing Somali because he is right.

oba hiloowlow;914120 wrote:
LOL i have no idea what Luqun is walahi, as for dhako waa qoor aka neck according to me

Nope. I actually took the trouble to walk over to my library and got 2 fat dictionaries, see my post...

underdog;914136 wrote:
Because the rest of you think you're are "civilized" and reer magal, its in poor taste to knock the brother for not knowing any better. He's still your people, dammit!

What kind of example are you setting for the less socially adapted if all you can do is make fun of them?

give me a break. he's the one parading himself on youtube. :D

Jacpher;914141 wrote:
lol@dhuun. Dhuuniyaal waaxid.

Kuwaan gab waaye macalinka. Ma kasaayaan afkooda noo.

Most of us learn the language from our mothers and they are not grammatical in the Western understanding of language...so be patient with people and check facts e.g. in a dictionary. Haatu is RIGHT.

Alpha Blondy;914089 wrote:
LOL@ Oba,

look at the gaps between his teeth. he's an unuka from xamar.

Gap between teeth/fanax is actually considered a mark of beauty in Somali society...and the kid is actually talented, a bit raw, a diamond in the rough.

oba hiloowlow;914134 wrote:
i've heard my father use that word never bothered to ask what it means
:D

Just like other languages e.g. English, Somali has regional variations. Someone in English might say "my newborn", "my new child", etc. So if you are not used to someone saying "newborn", it sounds strange.

Also accents are different even when you use the same words. Someone from New England in the USA will not speak the same way as a Dixie/southerner or one from the Mid-West...

underdog;914147 wrote:
You're right, I guess. Afterall we did have a great time ridiculing your weak efforts on youtube back in the day.

and what great times they were Unders. it was loved by most but hated by you. my vids were landmark. i actually spent plenty of time preparing them and hence why my least watched video has 19,000 hits. i got like 500,000 all together i think.

do you remember your favourite one? and what did you make of them? a small critique would suffice. :D