Sign in to follow this  
Alpha Blondy

A third way for Somaliland and Somalia

A reassesment on Oodweyne's capacity to appraise current leaders with respect to attaining recognition is due on my part.

The rest are still singing with the birds...hence the false hope of getting recognition even in the face of US's water shed policy change lives on.

^^The people however are no match with the Western style Byzantine political machination that is underway with respect to Somalia. With Famine, Alshabaab, and Piracy, Somalia has become a inconvenient thorn on the side of the most powerful nations.

Rahima....You make valid argument but the problems facing Somalis will not be solved by partition of Somalia for the hatred and distrust goes beyond the artificial borders. I think Somaliland will be in rude surprise when or if they do get recognition for the same problems exist there as well. Have a conservation with someone from Buhoodle or Borome, one would be surprised the immense contempt and hatred in their hearts towards Hargeysa. I very much doubt such people could be forced to share a country either. Now, the question becomes. should we let every unhappy tribe to go their way?

N watch out for tribal federalism progressing in Somalia, the one advantage we southerners enjoy is the belief in one Somalia despite our hatred and distrust, but the creation of the alternate identities such Pland, Galmudug etc, is troubling. The way people talk about tribal homelands, it seems they might as well live in their different countries. We might have one big mess on our hands pretty soon.

Wadani   

Rahima;909914 wrote:

You are right about identities though, when i think of Hargeysa i don't think of it the same way as i do Kismaayo, Baidoa, Mogadishu or Bossaso. No ill feelings, just being honest. Obviously the SL/Somalia thing has affected even those of us from Somalia.

So what do u think of Rahima? A foreign city inhabited by inhospitable Somalis hostile to other Somalis from beyond their borders?

How many time do i have to tell ppl, Somalilanders don't hate other somalis. Just come to Hargaysa and u'll see how multi-clan the city is....and the southerners there fare much better than they do in so called 'somaliwayn' territory like puntland, where thousands of them were forcefully deported. Why would u let a political divorce change how u perceive ur fellow Somalis in Somaliland; to me it doesn't seem like a balanced view of things

Oodweyne....It's worthy noting that very leadership spent the last 20 years indoctrinating the public on secession and warning on how awful any deal with Somalia will be not mention the institutionalization of grievances towards Somalis.

lol@Wadani, perception is everything. I know people who see Hargeysa as foreign but feel at home in places in Somalia that they were evicted from during the civil war.

Blessed   

Unless SL gives up it's claim over *some of* the disputed regions, international recognition will be based on something similar to the 'third way' whether the SL population accept it, is another matter. In my opinion both Somalia and SL government are engaging in theatrics with these talks and avoiding to address the real struggles of their populations. Nothing will change..

Wadani   

Haatu;909907 wrote:

Wadani, I wouldn't mind joining Somalia today but the reality on the ground dictates otherwise. The Kenyans aren't willing to let go and the populace will only join once Somalia can offer the services they currently receive, no matter how small. As for Somaliland, economically today it is no better than Somalia. The S/land population won't suffer a drop in quality of life if they join Somalia unlike NEP. To put it simply, you guys are further up the road to Somaliweyn than us and will reach the destination sooner. That doesn't mean we're not coming, we're merely behind you. Capiche?

Oo ileen inta yar ee ugaaliga ah ee la idin siiyo ayaad ku qanacdeen. Adeer, hadii aad adigu Somaliwayn hunguri ugaga hadhay, waxa jira dad caddalad darro ay tirsanayaan iyo xasuuq loo gaystay uga hadhay.

Wadani   

Che -Guevara;909977 wrote:
Oodweyne....It's worthy noting that very leadership spent the last 20 years indoctrinating the public on secession and warning on how awful any deal with Somalia will be not mention the institutionalization of grievances towards Somalis.

lol@Wadani, perception is everything. I know people who see Hargeysa as foreign but feel at home from places in Somalia that they were evicted from during the civil war.

Bizarre isn't it?

^We need to setup exchange program of some sort and make sure the likes of Xaaji are not part of it:D

On positive note, I think this is the most honest discussion solers of all regions had.

Wadani   

Exchange program is a great idea Che, but I dont think we can do without the xaaji. He could be the coordinator or field guide or something....ninku tuulo kasta iyo tariikhdeeda ayuu garanyaa. Sometimes i think he just makes things up lool. I agree this has been a very candid dicussion.

Haatu   

Wadani;909980 wrote:
Oo ileen inta yar ee ugaaliga ah ee la idin siiyo ayaad ku qanacdeen. Adeer, hadii aad adigu Somaliwayn hunguri ugaga hadhay, waxa jira dad caddalad darro ay tirsanayaan iyo xasuuq loo gaystay uga hadhay.

Wardee wa ku kaa. Durba aniga baad igu soo booday. War fikradeyda shaqsi ahaan iyo tan dadka aan ka soo jeedo kala saar. Haa, dadka gobolkeya iminka wey ku qanacsan yihiin Kiinya in kastoo eysan waxbo ka helin Nayroobi, haseyeeshee taas micnaheeda ma aho in ey indhoola yihiin. Dadka toogashadda iyo qaraxa Gsa ka wada dad cirka ka yimi ma ahaan. Waa lays wada yaqaanaa. Badanaa dadka waxey tuhunsan yihiin in farta Nayroobi eey eelaha ku jirto. Yes, you can call us sellouts and dad aan dhiig laheyn, but I would much rather this than live in constant fear a la Somali Galbeed style. I personally support Somaliweyn but the reality on the ground is different. If this region is to be freed, either a miracle happens and a Pan-Somalist party takes control of the Counties (Gsa, Wajeer and Mandheera Counties) or we are liberated by Somaliweyn. There's a greater chance of the latter happening. We have become tame and docile after 50 yrs of occupation and due to clever propaganda, reer Somalia have been painted with a dirty brush. But, should Somalia get its act together and real development starts to take place in J/land, ppl in NEP will see what they are missing out on and what their kin is enjoying. Maybe then the hot blooded warriors within us will reawaken.

Che, ma ila aragtey. It's the first time on being on SOL that I've seen Somalis being blunt with each other. Even in SOL we've come a long way.

Wadani...I think the talks of Sland and Somalia, and the diplomatic success of the Somali President might have forced people to look inward. It's interesting and helpful the likes of Oodweyne and Co are beginning to ask questions about their own leaders, goals and future.

The same questions are hopefully being asked by supporters of the Juba Project, Puntland and others.

Oodweyne...Since you know the place and people more than I, I will have to take your word for it but we can agree the leadership have put themselves in a bind.

lool@Haatu, yes we have. And in a thread started by Alpha..lol

Wadani   

Haatu;909986 wrote:
Wardee wa ku kaa. Durba aniga baad igu soo booday. War fikradeyda shaqsi ahaan iyo tan dadka aan ka soo jeedo kala saar. Haa, dadka gobolkeya iminka wey ku qanacsan yihiin Kiinya in kastoo eysan waxbo ka helin Nayroobi, haseyeeshee taas micnaheeda ma aho in ey indhoola yihiin. Dadka toogashadda iyo qaraxa Gsa ka wada dad cirka ka yimi ma ahaan. Waa lays wada yaqaanaa. Badanaa dadka waxey tuhunsan yihiin in farta Nayroobi eey eelaha ku jirto. Yes, you can call us sellouts and dad aan dhiig laheyn, but I would much rather this than live in constant fear a la Somali Galbeed style. I personally support Somaliweyn but the reality on the ground is different. If this region is to be freed, either a miracle happens and a Pan-Somalist party takes control of the Counties (Gsa, Wajeer and Mandheera Counties) or we are liberated by Somaliweyn. There's a greater chance of the latter happening. We have become tame and docile after 50 yrs of occupation and due to clever propaganda, reer Somalia have been painted with a dirty brush. But, should Somalia get its act together and real development starts to take place in J/land, ppl in NEP will see what they are missing out on and what their kin is enjoying. Maybe then the hot blooded warriors within us will reawaken.

Che, ma ila aragtey. It's the first time on being on SOL that I've seen Somalis being blunt with each other. Even in SOL we've come a long way.

Fair enough Haatu. But all im saying is, since this is the case with NFD ur opinions on Somaliland coming back to the union shouldn't be so strong. If u can see and understand the difficulties and complexities of the situation in the NFD, why cant u appreciate those in Somaliland which are preventing us from re-joining at the present time. Ur black and white take on this can make u appear to be a clan driven hypocrite (which I know u aren't).

Haatu   

War it's because I know the problems in S/land are nowhere near as bad as they are in NFD when it comes to Somaliweyn. The problem you guys have are real grievances from the civil war which you share with most of the communities in Somalia. The rest of the problem has been manufactured by your leaders in order to separate two inseparable people: Waqooyi iyo Koonfur. The grievances from the civil war can be addressed and the propaganda can be reversed. But for us, we're under the yoke of colonialism since the 1800s. There's virtually no hope for us. Also, I'm just as critical if not more of Budhlayn and the lack of respect it and it's forumers shown for Somali unity.

Che, stranger things most certainly do not happen :D