Sign in to follow this  
Alpha Blondy

A third way for Somaliland and Somalia

The Sage   

Abwaan;909575 wrote:
AB, there is no Somalia and Somaliland....There is Somalia and gobollada Waqooyi Galbeed.
:D

Correction there is no Somalia and Somaliland.....there is only Somaliland and the "African Union Occupied State of Benadir and Kismayo"

See, anyone can use ****** logic to make frivolous points....of which you are an expert

Ibtisam   

Hello Oodweyne!

I do agree, but I dont think they are making any agreement as such, other than to give the talks a chance- at least the last time around, the immense pressure from the UK was, play along and we will humour your cause. I do agree with you that if they do eat cake which is given for a very specific reason- then the coffee must be drunk. But I am not sure if they are ordering that type of cake yet. Weeli shah io biyo ayaa la waada, but soon enough the cake will arrive- maybe after a year of peace and barris in the south. I would be amazed if SL politicians can give in so easily though.

The Sage   

I think there is one point that few people on the pro-union side of the debate want to bring up. What incentive is there for SL to join Somalia?

Somalia is THE poster child for the term Failed State, in fact the term failed state was invented to describe Somalia as it's state collapse was unprecedented in the international system. Why would Somaliland want to join a country in such a decrepit state when it could forge it's own path and not be subject to the basket case of problems that Somalia experiences.....that's not to say that Somaliland isn't devoid of problems but it's nowhere near the systemic issues that Somalia embodies. Let's take a look at some indexes:

2012 Failed States Index: Somalia #1 / 177 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_Failed_States_Index

2011 HDI Report: NOT RANKED (too dangerous to even perform a valid assesment) http://hdr.undp.org/en/media/HDR_2011_EN_Complete.pdf

2012 Corruption Index: 174 / 174 (bottom of the list) http://cpi.transparency.org/cpi2012/results/

2012 Peace Index 158 / 158 (bottom of the list) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peace_index

Now who is going to tell me that it is in Somaliland's best interest to be in a political union with Somalia....and no emotional arguments saying our peoples belong together. Just logical reasoning.

Oodweyne whats the alternative though lets say we stop all these talks with Somalia than what we all know with the AU and IGAD Somaliland will not make any progress during the rayaale regime they did what they could. Somalilands destiny is in the hands of its people Mogadishu will not dictate or say what Somaliland will do or can do. I just think that the Somaliland elites as you put it work out some sort of exit strategy along with this lose union if it helps Somalia safe face along the line.

Haatu how about you join Somalia liberate NFD convince ismaciil Cumar geele to join Somalia to i will convince the masses in Somaliland to join Somalia its that a fair deal. But you cant say i will stay with Kenya a country doing pretty good and force Somaliland to join with Somalia.

Oodweyne;909994 wrote:
Che,

I accept the leadership did really put themselves in bind in here. And what is unforgivable blunder on their part is to see that all of this was really unnecessary, since they know the "sentiment" of their people. And how their people will rather soon see the impeachment of their leadership across the whole political establishment of their country than to see some sort of "back door" political union with somalia, even if you call that union any other name under the sun other than it's well understood name.

Oodweyne when we have a capable and effective Parliament in Somaliland that truly represent the people end next year there will be parliamentary elections,we will have legislators that represent the people. Most of the current MPS in SL are in bed with Siilaanyo and Kulmiye so in less than 11 months we will have a new parliament. And we can hold the government responsible for what ever missteps they take.

Haatu   

Xaaji Xunjuf;910012 wrote:
Haatu how about you join Somalia liberate NFD convince ismaciil Cumar geele to join Somalia to i will convince the masses in Somaliland to join Somalia its that a fair deal. But you cant say i will stay with Kenya a country doing pretty good and force Somaliland to join with Somalia.

Done. I'll deliver NFD, but ya'll have to accept Somalia, now. :D

Haatu   

I need a few million in the bank, influence, a political party and puppets in all three counties before I can do this. I need at least 30 years. You go first, adaa qabriga usii degdegey saayee :D

30 years yaa nool yaa dhintay i dont think i will live another 30 years.The people of Somaliland were fighting for more than 30 years to achieve what they want which was to restore their lost nation. A 10 year war a bitter war with a big price tag an armed struggle followed by a 22 year diplomatic war to become a full fledged respectable nation recognized by the world nations and still counting. And you want the people of SL to give all that up in order for you to win a war and thats a big if you will win a war after 30 years. I don't think you are a match for those Kikuyos when they have so many butlers on their side:D

How about you support Somaliland quest for statehood like ur uncle barre ilyaals shiil and i convince the SL government to support you're war ambitions against Kenya in the near future i think that's doable. You will atleast have a good friend in the region i don't think Somalia can do much of a help since they need Kenyan troops themselves.

He is an Azanian MP from NFD who supports Somalilands quest for statehood, securing NFD with out a bullet never gonna happen. No one ever got freedom with out fighting for it.