Sign in to follow this  
Alpha Blondy

A third way for Somaliland and Somalia

Abwaan;909578 wrote:
No wishes here, it is the reality XX. La qabso runta oo warka riyada jooji oday.
:D

Abwaan not in this world Somaliland will never ever be ruled by others i know that you know that ilaah ba og, its better we all move on:D

laakin waad ku riyoon karta Somaliland inay ku hoos timado kuma diidayo , laakin siday tahay waxyalahasi ma shaqeyaan.

Walaaltinimada Somaliland iyo Somalia yaan la kala fogeyn.

Alpha Blondy;909579 wrote:
Abwaan,

the notion of the former Somali Republic being unified once more is wishful thinking. whether Somaliland decides to go its own way or to reunite with its southern neighbouring country CANNOT be decided by Somalia. the fate of Somaliland remains firmly within its own hands. the great strides made by the Somaliland people and Government over the last 21 years is a reflection of Somaliland taking control of its affairs.these efforts have been wholly achieved by Somaliland and its efforts ALONE and without outside influence, assistance and politics of paternalism that's ravaged Somalia's collective mindset and that of its people.

certainty, Somalia, as thought, a victim of outside manipulation, has to all intent and purposes developed a pitiful self-induced mindset. help us! its always one thing or another. there is always an outside enemy, some evil doer intent on destruction but NEVER the admission of fault, of poor governance, off internal division, off poor leaders, off willful negligent, off tribal warfare, off opportunism, off misfortune and so and so forth.

Abwaan take this even dhaliyardi ingriiska ku koray baa Somaliland ku sheegaya dhankay u socotto, you will be dealing with these people for the decades to come :D

Xaaji Xunjuf;909582 wrote:
Abwaan take this even dhaliyardi ingriiska ku koray baa Somaliland ku sheegaya dhankay u socotto, you will be dealing with these people for the decades to come

LOL@dhaliyardi ingriiska ku koray

take it easy on abwaan. he's alright. :D

Carafaat   

Apophis;909584 wrote:
Summary in 20 words or less?

A loose Union between Somalia and Somaliland would be a good alternative compromise.

Haatu   

Nin daad qaadey xumbo cuskay :D

It's not too late to join the Somaliweyn ferry boys. That way you could save some face and say you conceded for Somaliweyn not for the South :D :D

Haatu;909628 wrote:
Nin daad qaadey xumbo cuskay

It's not too late to join the Somaliweyn ferry boys. That way you could save some face and say you conceded for Somaliweyn not for the South

Since when is Somalia , Somaliweyn why do people consider Somalia , Somaliweyn

Why dont you say its never to late to join Somalia

Not that Somaliland will join Somalia. they rather join Ukraine than join Somalia

Rahima   

Xaaji Xunjuf;909675 wrote:

Not that Somaliland will join Somalia. they rather join Ukraine than join Somalia

This is why i've always supported independence for Somaliland.

Alpha Blondy;909571 wrote:
a photo opp with Obama and all of sudden Somalia is planning its annexation of the somali regions in ethiopia and kenya into the fold once more miyaa?

How do you glean from what I wrote.

Wadani   

Haatu;909628 wrote:
Nin daad qaadey xumbo cuskay

It's not too late to join the Somaliweyn ferry boys. That way you could save some face and say you conceded for Somaliweyn not for the South

Look at this hypocrite. Arent u the same guy who said u wouldnt want ur fufu occupied province to join Somalia as it is now? Why would we as somalilanders do something even so called somaliwayn believers such as urself wouldn't even consider. Get real bro.

Rahima   

Wadani;909839 wrote:
What do u mean Rahima?

The reality is that for some they would rather unify with european gaalo than with their fellow Muslim Somalis. Now many will say that he's just exaggerating, but i don't know that he is. I'm not saying that all from SL hold these views but what is obvious is that there is just too much hatred, distrust, ill feelings (call it what you will) that cannot be overcome so why even bother? The damage is done, it's about time we realised it cannot be undone.

STOIC   

Rahema, yeah the damage is done already, but you should never loose hope.Who would have thought Somalia will come out of transition government? I have always hold the argument that Somaliland should be supported until there is peace and promising progress in South Somalia.The psyche of the people can be a powerful antidote to any strong mistrust.If the love can be renewed without blurring or concealing any truth I think there is hope for a union.Somalis need to face the unpleasant fact that there is deep mistrust between them and it only be corrected if everyone is treated equally and all grievances addressed properly!

Rahima   

STOIC,

I used to think that but as we all know these views/feelings have now seeped into the hearts and minds of a whole new generation, one that has little understanding of the war. I changed my views after an interaction that i had with a seven year old boy whose family hails from SL. I used to help this young boy with his numeracy and literacy- our mothers were friends. Of course with time we developed a close relationship and he therefore felt comfortable enough to share most things with me. After helping him complete his homework one day he asked me if i was from Somalia or SL. I replied Somalia, amazed that a seven year old would even ask such a question. He then drew two shapes, one significantly larger than the other. Pointing at the larger one he said this is SL, and the smaller one he said was Somalia. He then went on to tell me that i should be from SL because Somalia is a horrible place and the people from there are...well you get the point. A seven year old- there is no hope.

We need to move on wishing the best for each other.