Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

Blind old man uses rope to reach mosque

N.O.R.F   

Very humbling.

An ageing blind Saudi man insists on walking all the way to mosque five times every day although he was deprived of his sight many years ago.

His guide is just a rope, which he tied to the power pole next to the mosque entrance.

The unidentified man was asked by village residents to pray at home, but he insists on going to the mosque every day, using the rope to find his way.

A YouTube film showed the man, wearing the traditional Saudi gown and headgear, walking slowly, but with confident steps, until he reaches the mosque door, where another man happening to be going to pray led him inside the mosque.

“God has deprived this old man from his eye sight but not from his perception and faith,” the Saudi Arabic language daily Al-Saudeh said.

http://www.emirates247.com/news/region/blind-old-man-uses-rope-to-reach-mosque-2013-01-06-1.489946

BiLaaL   

Masha'Allah very humbling story. Jazakallah for sharing.

Insha'Allah he'll find forgiveness and Allah's mercy in this noble action of his.

It is He, Who has created for you (the sense of) hearing (ears), sight (eyes), and hearts (understanding). Little thanks you give (Qur'an, 23:78)

There are those whom Allah has given sight in this world but will be resurrected blind on Yawm Al-Qiyamah:

Surah Ta-Ha

124. "But whosoever turns away from My Reminder (i.e. neither believes in this Qur'an nor acts on its orders, etc.) verily, for him is a life of hardship, and We shall raise him up blind on the Day of Resurrection."

125. He will say:"O my Lord! Why have you raised me up blind, while I had sight (before)."

126. (Allah) will say: "Like this, Our Ayat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) came unto you, but you disregarded them (i.e. you left them, did not think deeply in them, and you turned away from them), and so this Day, you will be neglected (in the Hell-fire, away from Allah's Mercy)."

This incident reminds one of the following narration:

Muslim narrated in his Sahih that a blind man said, "Oh Messenger of Allah, I do not have someone to guide me to the Mosque," and thus asked the Messenger to grant him special permission not to attend congregational prayers. As he was leaving, the Messenger called him and said "Do you hear the call? ", he said "yes". He said, "Then answer."

Authentic versions narrated by Ahmed and others came as: narrated by Ibn Maktoom that he said: "Oh Messenger of Allah, I am blind, live far away, and have a guide that does not suit me, so can't you give me consent to pray at home?" He said "Do you hear the call?" Ibn Maktoom replied "Yes". The Prophet then said "I cannot find an excuse for you". If the blind man has no excuse not to pray in congregation, how can there be an excuse for the one that can see?

Jacpher   

NGONGE;906320 wrote:
He obviously does not live far from the mosque, which raises a few questions about this silly rope story.
:D

It's not a silly story your silly man. It's a beautiful story. May Allah return his vision insha'alaah. Here's a comment on that page if you cared to see the clip.

"Without his eyes, he has opened our eyes."

NGONGE   

Jacpher;906417 wrote:
It's not a silly story your silly man. It's a beautiful story. May Allah return his vision insha'alaah. Here's a comment on that page if you cared to see the clip.

"Without his eyes, he has opened our eyes."

Why do you want to argue with me, Jacpher? As for the bit you quoted about eyes being opened, I really dont think yours are, axmaq yaho.

The man lives in a village where the residents asked him to pray at home!

There in one of the richest Muslim nations on the face of the earth in 2013, a man is using a rope to navigate the roads. Yet instead of asking themselves why there are no better methods, we get this bs. Someone get this guy a google car or the very least a guide dog for the life god!

Aaliyyah   

naxar wealthgu inyar ayuu gacanta ugu jiraa. Taas ogow.

Intaad sheekada qodqodasaana nimanyahow aduunku saad modeen ma ahe waxkasta madadaalo lagama raadiyee intaad ilaahay u mahadnaqdaan indhuhu idin siiyey masaajida iska xaadiriya odeygan miskiinkana uduceeya

Khayr   

What are some of you going to say in the qiyama when such men are ahead of you and you are asked about what your excuses were?

I once saw a one legged brother trying to stand up straight by himself for salat. It was a sight to behold.