Sign in to follow this  
oba hiloowlow

Can someone explain?

Showqi   

Oba, caruurta Eedadaa dhashay waxaad isku tihiin ilma'abti. Waayo Aabahaa ayaa Abti u ah caruurta ay Eedadaa dhashay.

LOOOOL i get it know. Thanks guys laakin hade how can your cousin from your eedos side be your ilmo eedo that doesn't make sense ilmo'eedo sounds better. :)..

But i have to say reer waqooyiga is using sacada the right way, 12ka,1da etc while konfurians say lix saac and todobba sac wareer waaye this language

wyre   

oba hiloowlow;905844 wrote:
LOOOOL i get it know. Thanks guys laakin hade how can your cousin from your eedos side be your ilmo eedo that doesn't make sense ilmo'eedo sounds better.
:)

But i have to say reer waqooyiga is using sacada the right way, 12ka,1da etc while konfurians say lix saac and todobba sac wareer waaye this language

they are using saacadda the western way, while konfurians use it the somali way dee, wax fahan :D

Reer Xamar kids used to tease my uncle in the early 60s when he was a teacher in xamar every single day they would come and ask macalin meeqa saac waaye and he would say wa kowdi , and they would go dhikh dhikh, Maalinti danbe bu yidhi mar danbe hadaad igu dhikh dhikhlaysan oo mar danbe sacaad ii weydiisaan wa ino tahay awoowgay abahay ma dhalin hadan shaqo idinka qaban wayoo.

never heard of eedo-ilmo.

somali culture and more importantly the linguistics of the somali language do not honour nor place any value on women. hence why once your eedo is married or rather married off, she's more or less excluded from playing an active role in her birth tribe. in fact, from a young age, the future eedo of her brother's kids are excluded from tribal meetings nor privy to tribal secrets. they're made to feel like an 'out-sider' - an intruder offering surplus to requirements type opinions. similarly, these opinions are neither considered worthy of value nor applicable in our seeflabood-male-dominated society, in other words, women are rendered as less important and indeed TOTALLY USELESS.

eedo-ilmo is perhaps, the thinking of the neo-feminists in our midst, who've ceased the day, as it were in these times of turmoil and social strife. indeed, its time to restore some pride in the female form, wider female inclusiveness and accord them the recognition they deserve.

kudo to eedo-ilmo and its usage in the somali language. we love somali women, value somali women and respect somali women. well done.

gooni   

Ilma habreed, iyo ilmo eedo, iyo ilma adeer, iyo oryo walaal, ilma abti, kuligood waa ila saxan yihiin

waxaa ila khaldan (habar wadaag) oo macne kale samaynaysa tusaale

Hadii oday habar soo furo oo oday kale guursado soo habar wadaag ma'ahan?

Odey   

oba hiloowlow;905740 wrote:
My Eedos kids to me are what?

Ilmo Abti or Ilmo eedo?

I was having a discussion with a reer waqooyi friend yesterday we had to agree to disagree.

According to me its: Eedos kids= Ilmo eedo

Abti's kids= Ilmo Abti

Adeer's kids= Ilmo Adeer

Aayo= ilmo aayo/ilma habreed/habar wadaag

According to him its: Adeer's kids= Ilmo Adeer

Eedo's kids = Ilmo Abti

Abti's kids = Ilmo Abti

Aayo = habar wadaag.

whats your opinion on this, im pretty sure im right just wanna confirm it.Cheers!

Your friend is correct, both your eedo and abti's kids are refered to as "ilmo abti iyo ilmo eedo ayaanu nahay".

Jacpher   

Maya ha is wareerin duqa. Kuwa eedadaa dhashay waxaad isu tihiin ilmo habro, abtigaa kuwiisana waa ilmo daris. Fiiri videogan waad fahmi

Odey   

oba hiloowlow;905893 wrote:
hade my cousins are my ilmo eedo but they are ilmo abti to me laakin i dont get how your eedo's kids can your ilmo abti. Mind effing wallee iyo bilee

let me explain; You are ina abti to your eedo's kids, whilst they are ilmo eddo to you, hence the term "ilmo abti iyo ilmo eedo ayaanu nahay".