Sign in to follow this  
Abwaan

Happy Birthday to SOLers

So Haatu, you were still 14 when you joined SOL in 2009? :D

You're such a baby! Now it'll be hard to take you seriously :P

Abwaan;902816 wrote:
lol....Aaliyyah...malla yaabtay adna? Only Apophis and Oba joined me the rest waa dhuunteen. Abtigiis, Mooge, MMA, Alpha, Blue, N.O.R.F., JB, XX aaway dadkii?
:D

+2 :)

Coofle   

Haatu;902844 wrote:
This reminds me of a funny experience I had. All my life in the West, I was lead to believe that I was born on mid-september 94, and why not afterall that's what it said on the passport. However, when I back home in Garissa in 2011 I was curious and just wanted peace of mind so I asked my ayeeyo to give me my birth certificate; and Lo and behold! it turns out I've been living as a certified fake age all these years. My real b-day turned out to be June 30th 94.It turns out that when my old man was completing the papers and procuring the fake Mogadishu birth certificates, being a typical old fashioned Faarax he literally only knew the years and rough season most of us were born in, so he simply guessed the month and day
And to think I used to torment my Afghan FA friends on 1st of January.

94....is this a typo...

plus SOL should have age restriction niyaw, Abtigiis posts should not be open to underage fellas...

Anigu barigii Soomaaliya Dalka jira ahayd baan dhashoo, I was one of the few lucky nomads to know their actual birthyear! and birthday....but still on official documents happy birthday to me on January first...

I remember once me and my friends were asking each other...when were you born (year)..

one guy answered "Barigii og.aa.deenku nagu soo duuleen!!!"

other guy said "my mother and father still to this day argue on my birthyear"--one says 80 and the other 83!

you gotta love nomads.

Aaliyyah   

Abwaan you must have missed their comments

Yaga xita waxay dhaheen part of the January crowd ma nihin. War mesha waa lagaga baxay Lol

Aaliyyah   

5;902897 wrote:
So Haatu, you were still 14 when you joined SOL in 2009?

You're such a baby! Now it'll be hard to take you seriously
:P

Mala 84 buu uga jeeday Lol

wyre   

Haatu;902844 wrote:
This reminds me of a funny experience I had. All my life in the West, I was lead to believe that I was born on mid-september 94, and why not afterall that's what it said on the passport. However, when I back home in Garissa in 2011 I was curious and just wanted peace of mind so I asked my ayeeyo to give me my birth certificate; and Lo and behold! it turns out I've been living as a certified fake age all these years. My real b-day turned out to be June 30th 94.It turns out that when my old man was completing the papers and procuring the fake Mogadishu birth certificates, being a typical old fashioned Faarax he literally only knew the years and rough season most of us were born in, so he simply guessed the month and day
And to think I used to torment my Afghan FA friends on 1st of January.

Lame Joke :P:D

Haatu   

5, yes I was only 14 back then, but I'm 18 now so you better take my posts seriously :D

Coofle, no it wasn't a typo. As for Abtigiis' posts, war I'm more mature than odeygaas qurbaha ku hallaabey :D

Aaliyah, no, it's 94.

Wyre, no joke ya casiir :D

Blessed   

Happy birthday Abwaan and co.. :P

Speaking of birthdays, I was going through my new (islamic diary) and realised that my hijri and gregorian birthday fall in the same week this year - first time this has happened since I've started paying attention. Only, according to the hijri calender, I'm turning a whole year older than my gregorian age. Heh!

nuune   

I don't have a birthday since I was not born on a particular time, or day, earthly wise, I can only say what other people say to me to be the number of my age but that is only for their own satisfaction to at least wish me some bad luck on an alleged birthday that doesn't exist at all.

israa   

Abwaan;902795 wrote:
Happy Birthday to all the SOlers who were born on January 1st.
Since this day is special to you twice, Abwaan wuxuu intaan la gaarin idiin soo dirayaa hambalyo iyo dhalasho farxad leh.

LOL took me a sec to get it:rolleyes: I know a Somali whose bday is really Jan 1st, unfortunate.

Coofle   

Just today I was filling up a form...I wrote 1st of January 19** ... I smiled at 1st of january, the application form smiled back at me...We both knew it was a lie.