Sign in to follow this  
Alpha Blondy

Rediscovering my Tribal Hinterland: Alpha's Berbera Chronicles

150776_10150764772374250_1550274713_n.jp

as i bid an emotional farewell goodbye, to my beloved Berbera, i feel a slight sense of the 'anti-climax' damping my spirits. it was an epic journey to my homeland, the homeland of my ancestors and the home of our future children - however you look at it, it'll always be our hinterland and NOTHING will change that fact. the city is going through a demographic transition of sorts and the tide is turning but i suppose this is to be welcomed. the people of Berbera must wake up and realise an aim, an aim that will catapult them to progress and a shared collective identity. instead of seeing each other as enemies, the people of Berbera MUST build enough fortitude to realise a future of shared interest, of shared brotherhood, of shared collective destiny. anything is better than this quagmire we find ourselves these days. we must as reer Berbera look at the bigger pictures and see things for what they are. Berbera City has single-handedly held the mantle of the country together, all these years. its delicate thread that weaves together the fabric of Somaliland. its has sacrificed beyond what was expected and through these acts of sacrifices has forgotten to take care of itself - and like the single mother living on benefits in a run down council estate with 5 kids, Berbera's husbandry of paternal care has seen its children grow but willfully taking different paths. there is only so much we could do to restore unity again and more must done by others to relieve Berbera of this burden. its future may look bleak at times but you and i both know, that through adversity comes relieve, and in times of relieve miracles are produced.

go forth Berbera, go forth Berbera, go forth our Berbera. :D

Haatu   

How comes the biggest port in the North is in such a sorry state? Surely it should be richer than Hargeisa and Burco?

Tallaabo   

Alpha Blondy;901931 wrote:
150776_10150764772374250_1550274713_n.jp

as i bid an emotional farewell goodbye, to my beloved Berbera, i feel a slight sense of the 'anti-climax' damping my spirits. it was an epic journey to my homeland, the homeland of my ancestors and the home of our future children - however you look at it, it'll always be our hinterland and NOTHING will change that fact. the city is going through a demographic transition of sorts and the tide is turning but i suppose this is to be welcomed. the people of Berbera must wake up and realise an aim, an aim that will catapult them to progress and a shared collective identity. instead of seeing each other as enemies, the people of Berbera MUST build enough fortitude to realise a future of shared interest, of shared brotherhood, of shared collective destiny. anything is better than this quagmire we find ourselves these days. we must as reer Berbera look at the bigger pictures and see things for what they are. Berbera City has single-handedly held the mantle of the country together, all these years. its delicate thread that weaves together the fabric of Somaliland. its has sacrificed beyond what was expected and through these acts of sacrifices has forgotten to take care of itself - and like the single mother living on benefits in a run down council estate with 5 kids, Berbera's husbandry of paternal care has seen its children grow but willfully taking different paths. there is only so much we could do to restore unity again and more must done by others to relieve Berbera of this burden. its future may look bleak at times but you and i both know, that through adversity comes relieve, and in times of relieve miracles are produced.

go forth Berbera, go forth Berbera, go forth our Berbera.
:D

I thought you went to Berbera for some fox hunting and NOT to get philosophical about the future:confused:

Tallaabo   

Apophis;901540 wrote:
You're looking too deep into a simple matter. For a Somali, clan is king, even when that king's foot is firmly on their necks. Do not over analyse it.

You are a wise man Apophis. Shame you are a disbeliever.

Tallaabo;901972 wrote:
I thought you went to Berbera for some fox hunting and NOT to get philosophical about the future:confused:

brovs,

i'm in hargeisa now and the chameleon has changed it colours once again! to hell with berbera and its woes........its doomed. its literally hell on earth. i've never seen backwardness like that anywhere in somaliland.

Haatu;901954 wrote:
How comes the biggest port in the North is in such a sorry state? Surely it should be richer than Hargeisa and Burco?

i don't care and i don't think you should concern yourself with such thoughts too.