Sign in to follow this  
Alpha Blondy

Rediscovering my Tribal Hinterland: Alpha's Berbera Chronicles

*Blessed;901248 wrote:
Alpha, aren't you from Dacarbudhuq, ancesterkaagu noocya badanaa horta lol

Well said Tallaabo.

hi blessed,

its all the same! i belong to the family with longest branches within my clan. our geographical spread is vast, actually!

Waranle_Warrior;901250 wrote:
Tell me you were scared that he was going to shoot you amid all the chaos of the rioting and bribed him with khat, its hard to believe that fish and chip boy from London would buy someone something for having any tribal relations
:D

lol@Waranle,

are you familiar with the term ''post-diaspora" horta? LOL!

i'm nothing like these dhaqan celis you see wondering around like they've escaped from the mental asylum.

N.O.R.F;901473 wrote:
Ninkii la islahaa wadankuu so disayaa baaba doonaaya in uu burburiyo
:D

the sheer hyperbole and lack of self-awareness of a certain someone knows no bounds....ma istiri!

you ought to be asking yourself whose wrecking the country and causing these issues and division? the look of shock on my face was clearly apparent when my over-zealous cousin informed me that the intrepid fox of the east clan members have designs on 'our' berbera! the thought alone makes me wonder the depth of your ambition! its not going to happen. we are making the necessary arrangements.

154960_10151301596324250_847738200_n.jpg

this best represents berbera's predicament. this ship is NOT sailing NOWHERE and will continue to STAY docked here!

as i explore Berbera deeper and attempt to get to its very depths, in these epic travels, i'm finding myself questioning how a city so blessed with such a 'strategic' positioning on the map, enormous potential and plenty of resources became the laughing stock of somaliland. i've never seen a city so politicised and so alive and oozing with a politics so subversive and dangerously divisive. you'd expect being on the periphery, Berbera would look towards the core and Hargeisa for the lead but it doesn't appear to be case from these short but rich observations.

i thought for years that Berbera was just another city in somaliland. that's all being proven wrong and the wishful thinking of others! its the life and soul......it's the pulsating beating heart of somaliland and has a very unique character and its people are eccentric, fiercely independent and unpredictable. just this morning, the sacked governor Ramaax drove around the city with 20+ convey of cars for his heroic and final redeeming act. the people welcomed him home in style. Ramaax was the hero of the hour, despite his years as governor being marked by a legacy of neglecting the dun of the clan and being silaanyo's monkey.

182375_10151301593924250_561012631_n.jpg

Ramaax's car! :D

547424_10151301615104250_1073019042_n.jp

at lunch time, i went to xeeb-soor. this is perhaps one of the few places that can be described as ''familiar'', in meeting the standard of my acquired tastes, to have another excellent serving of fish and pasta. my objective was to also eavesdrop on the latest dealings of the elite. it was jammed packed with politicians of all leanings and deals were been brokered between the warring parties after yesterdays shocking incidents and vicious hate crimes against the intrepid fox of the east clan members. the talk of the town is now firmly fixed on finding a dispute resolution after the madness of yesterday. tomorrow may bring something entirely new as the saga unfolds in these puzzling times.

xabad   

who the heck is this "intrepid fox of the east" he keeps talking about?. primitives in their natural habitat nothing else here.

Coofle;901549 wrote:

Xeebsoor and Batalaale are my only good memories of Berbera....

i'm sorry you feel that way Coofle. we're still cool and i'm proud to call you a friend! LOL

Wadani   

xabad;901543 wrote:
who the heck is this "intrepid fox of the east" he keeps talking about?. primitives in their natural habitat nothing else here.

Siilaanyo's clan.

Coofle   

Alpha Blondy;901559 wrote:
i'm sorry you feel that way Coofle. we're still cool and i'm proud to call you a friend! LOL

let me emphasize on ""are MY only good memories"" its me personally not the town......May be I would have seen more of the great town if I was guided by a native gorilla LooooooL saw maaha....We were a group of reer galbeed boys that was having fun we asked around about what to do and they told us eat in xeebsoor and follow this road to batalaale then leave the town before the dark coz you are not that welcome cowboys!