Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

Inside the Saudi Kingdom

Xaaji Xunjuf;898376 wrote:
The culture of Saudi arabia limits woman to contribute to a healthy society it has nothing to do with Islam or with the way our beloved prophet Muhammad csw taught us to live our lives. Its because they don't trust their own woman and are very suspicious when ever they see a woman asking a man a question a simple innocent question they think they might end up naked in a Jacuzzi together. The mentality of the Bedouin Arabs is still in the dessert and not in the modernized metropolitan world of the 21 century. This is just in Saudi Arabia and some of the surrounding Khaleeji Arabs this mentality is not shared by Palestinian Arabs or Syrian Arabs or Moroccan Arabs labanese arabs.

Why do these people think its a bad idea to educate woman are they not the daughters and mothers of the fat princes and Kings.As a father its an obligation to raise and teach ur child everything you know you're child son or daughter and the way you prepare them for the real life and how you teach them the morals and ethics they need to survive on this earth. That includes the fine teachings of Islam that includes some of the Somali customs and traditions but also a little character of ur self is very much appreciated.

But what ilma Abdulazziz do is totally ignore the female gender how can they just recently have an ID card how can you not registrate a human being what kind of society is that. Even in the pastoral societies of the Somalis dumarka geela wa soo hooyaan and remember the camels of a Somali nomad are his most precious belongings his wife and daughter are some times in charge of the camels. Ilma abdi caziiz gaadhi yar kuma aminan gabadh reer sacudii ah shameful.

Well put

Wadani   

*Blessed;898429 wrote:
Wadani, I think you've mentioned not wearing hijaab meaning a girl would be loose. It doesn't make sense, especially in the Saudi context.

I didnt walaalo. In fact I always argue with people who make hijab a condition for getting to know a girl for marriage. Some of the most modest girls I know have never worn hijab, and I know of others who don the hijab that r loose. At the end of the day its just a maro, and it's up to the person to live up to wat it symbolizes.

uchi   

They need to ban that ungodly contraption that women in Somalia are wearing and then drive those wahabi vermin back to the desert.

It's like a bad Halloween party costume and I can't stand it. Thank god my mum and sisters don't dress like that.

Jacpher   

^And if your 'mum and sisters' were to 'dress like that', would you throw them off of a bridge?

Wadani;898453 wrote:
I didnt walaalo. In fact I always argue with people who make hijab a condition for getting to know a girl for marriage. Some of the most modest girls I know have never worn hijab, and I know of others who don the hijab that r loose.
At the end of the day its just a maro, and it's up to the person to live up to wat it symbolizes.

Hijab is just a piece of maro??

Wadani   

Lol, again being misunderstood. It's just a maro in so far as how much it can tell u about a girls modesty for the most part. As for it being optional, then no that's not wat i was implying by my statement.

Jacpher   

^I don't get why you reduce the value of hijab and its position in diinta to that of a girl's modesty. Hijab ain't just about girl's modesty sxb. There's more to it. Your analogy of hijab to maro is like someone arguing salah as just yoga workout, zakah as gift, sowm as a long month diet, hajj vacation :D Subxaanalaah.

Isn't believing in Alllah and diinta all based on Qeyb, the unseen, regardless of clothes or how many trips one makes to the mosque?