Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

Inside the Saudi Kingdom

Apophis;898318 wrote:
How in all seriousness can you type "ur a silly man" without your brain exploding? And thank you for admitting morality is inherent and not a product of religion

I think most theists have wised up to the conundrum they place themselves in when they imply that religion is what bars them from being an alcohlic serial rapist.

Wadani;898330 wrote:
what conundrum? I really dont get it.

My bad, 'conundrum' was the wrong word to use. It wasn't long ago that a person of faith would ask an atheist " if law and order were to no longer exist, what would keep you from commiting acts of theft, violence etc.)" . The easy response to that would've been "if religion is all that keeps you from commiting such acts, then keep it". I think, for the most part, both sides of the debate have learned from experiences and dropped such shallow arguements. If you don't believe me, take a look at some of the older threads regarding religion on this board.

Wadani   

I agree, theists who make such arguements only expose their lack of scruples and morals in the absence of punishment. Like I said, religion prevents me from becoming a hedonist, but it does not prevent me from hurting others or doing unjust things (though it confirms my natural sense of right and wrong). I naturally wouldn't do such things anyway based on principle. But for people who are of a lesser moral stock than I lol, warnings of eternal punishment are the only things standing between them and rape, theft and murder.

I agree with everything that Apophis has said about women. Forcing women to do things has never been the way in Islam let alone abusing them whether that be emotionally or physically. The only person who is responsible for a daughter until she gets married is her father and after she gets married she becomes the responsibility of her husband. No where does it say the son is responsible for the daughter and that he needs to oppress her and dictate how to live her life. Those are things you guys made up to feel and act superior over women. Some of the extreme replies about women in this thread is sickening.

Wadani   

So let me get this right Blue...it's sickening for me to care about what women in my family do? And to care about their repuation and their akhira? Hmm interesting.

Wadani;898365 wrote:
So let me get this right Blue...it's sickening for me to care about what women in my family do? And to care about their repuation and their akhira? Hmm interesting.

Wadani what you guys were discussing has surpassed caring now you are down playing your earlier actions.

Wadani   

Blue, I clearly said I cant force anyone to do anything. The path someone chooses in life is up to them. But I wouldnt wanna associate with them if they choose a shameful life. Is that wrong?

Wadani;898368 wrote:
Blue, I clearly said I cant force anyone to do anything. The path someone chooses in life is up to them. But I wouldnt wanna associate with them if they choose a shameful life. Is that wrong?

You wanna claim you wouldn't abuse a woman physically but I bet you do agree with abusing a woman emotionally since that's what most of those men do that oppress those women. Abusing someone whether it be emotionally or physically or oppressing has never been caring and never will be either. Caring is a word used by those men to hide their abusive and oppressive actions. That to me is not a real man.

The culture of Saudi arabia limits woman to contribute to a healthy society it has nothing to do with Islam or with the way our beloved prophet Muhammad csw taught us to live our lives. Its because they don't trust their own woman and are very suspicious when ever they see a woman asking a man a question a simple innocent question they think they might end up naked in a Jacuzzi together. The mentality of the Bedouin Arabs is still in the dessert and not in the modernized metropolitan world of the 21 century. This is just in Saudi Arabia and some of the surrounding Khaleeji Arabs this mentality is not shared by Palestinian Arabs or Syrian Arabs or Moroccan Arabs labanese arabs.

Why do these people think its a bad idea to educate woman are they not the daughters and mothers of the fat princes and Kings.As a father its an obligation to raise and teach ur child everything you know you're child son or daughter and the way you prepare them for the real life and how you teach them the morals and ethics they need to survive on this earth. That includes the fine teachings of Islam that includes some of the Somali customs and traditions but also a little character of ur self is very much appreciated.

But what ilma Abdulazziz do is totally ignore the female gender how can they just recently have an ID card how can you not registrate a human being what kind of society is that. Even in the pastoral societies of the Somalis dumarka geela wa soo hooyaan and remember the camels of a Somali nomad are his most precious belongings his wife and daughter are some times in charge of the camels. Ilma abdi caziiz gaadhi yar kuma aminan gabadh reer sacudii ah shameful.

Wadani   

Bluelicious;898375 wrote:
You wanna claim you wouldn't abuse a woman physically but I bet you do agree with abusing a woman emotionally since that's what most of those men do that oppress those women. Abusing someone whether it be emotionally or physically or oppressing has never been caring and never will be either. Caring is a word used by those men to hide their abusive and oppressive actions. That to me is not a real man.

It's funny u say that because I know in real life u'd think i'm a sensitive and loving human being. Abuse, whether emotionally or physically, is as foreign to my nature as snow is in the sahara.

Wadani   

Xaaji Xunjuf;898376 wrote:
The culture of Saudi arabia limits woman to contribute to a healthy society it has nothing to do with Islam or with the way our beloved prophet Muhammad csw taught us to live our lives. Its because they don't trust their own woman and are very suspicious when ever they see a woman asking a man a question a simple innocent question they think they might end up naked in a Jacuzzi together. The mentality of the Bedouin Arabs is still in the dessert and not in the modernized metropolitan world of the 21 century. This is just in Saudi Arabia and some of the surrounding Khaleeji Arabs this mentality is not shared by Palestinian Arabs or Syrian Arabs or Moroccan Arabs labanese arabs.

Why do these people think its a bad idea to educate woman are they not the daughters and mothers of the fat princes and Kings.As a father its an obligation to raise and teach ur child everything you know you're child son or daughter and the way you prepare them for the real life and how you teach them the morals and ethics they need to survive on this earth. That includes the fine teachings of Islam that includes some of the Somali customs and traditions but also a little character of ur self is very much appreciated.

But what ilma Abdulazziz do is totally ignore the female gender how can they just recently have an ID card how can you not registrate a human being what kind of society is that. Even in the pastoral societies of the Somalis dumarka geela wa soo hooyaan and remember the camels of a Somali nomad are his most precious belongings his wife and daughter are some times in charge of the camels. Ilma abdi caziiz gaadhi yar kuma aminan gabadh reer sacudii ah shameful.

Xaaji, I totally agree. One of ur best posts in a long time.

Blessed   

Wadani, I think you've mentioned not wearing hijaab meaning a girl would be loose. It doesn't make sense, especially in the Saudi context.