Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

Ambassador Mahiga Apologises to Somaliland

Why are we talking about Mahida these days? I thought this man's inflated role ended with the roadmap passage. He has been reduced to a mere UN employee with limited portfolio in Mogadishu.

N.O.R.F   

^You don't think a grovelling apology by the UN Somalia Rep for calling SL a region of Somalia in a letter deserves coverage? :D

State of Somalia vs. Regional admin apology ? Semantics awoowe. Somaliland is what it is , a part of Somalia, that is how the UN sees it. Mahiga motivation is more to do with the ongoing talks between Somalialnd and FG, than extending a new status to Somaliland. You know that, and I know it. That Somaliland media is playing this thing up in different light is given and understandable . The real question is whether good North think this is worth of the coverage :D

N.O.R.F   

Thats more like it :D

The UN Rep flies to Hargaisa and personally apologises for a clerical error on a letter. It doesn't change things either way (and no one says it will/has). But its coverage is warranted however much you try to down play it :D

Mooge   

my question is, why is somaliland working with Mahiga Mahunga?

is somaliland part of, hmmmm, Somalia? looool.

This is a significant development and clarifies certain things re: where things stand currently. I'm slowly beginning to be won over by the current Somaliland admin's policy of engagement to settle the sovereignty issue.

A golden opportunity beckons for all communities on both sides of the talks to settle this issue amicable and justly.

Insha'Allah, kheyr!

Thank you, Norf, for posting.

STOIC   

Xiin, you know you can't spin this one or largely blind yourself to the Somaliland power-play here! .To any sentient person it is obvious that the action of the UN representative flying all the way to apologize over some clerical error is surely a big deal.This surely reinforces the point that Somaliland is indeed not recognized as a part of Somalia.I was skeptical about the whole thing, but looks like this is an early Christmas gift to Silanyo!

Abwaan   

Carafaat;894825 wrote:
Good job Mahiga calling Somaliland state of Somalia what was he thinking

lol@Cause he knows that in the real world they are not a State.:D What is his title? Does it say he is an envoy to Somaliland?:D I guess that says a lot.