Sign in to follow this  
Mooge

leader's dress code

Mooge   

p111912ps-0473-new.jpg

President Barack Obama meets with President Thein Sein of Burma at the Burma Parliament Building in Rangoon, Burma, Nov. 19, 2012.

must all somali leaders don a suit? sometimes our leaders should wear traditional somali attire.

Abwaan   

I agree with Mooge. I wonder if Obama macawis hadiyad ahaan loo soo siiyey. I hope that he still has labadii go' ee odayga Soomaaligu Kenya ku guddoonsiiyey.

Chimera   

The "suit" is the greatest male fashion ensemble piece of the last 10 thousand years. The Ancient Persians invented the trouser and coat, the Medieval Croatians gave birth to the tie, and the British combined all three and perfected it into the modern suit. There is nothing that can compare, nothing oozes the same professionalism, productiveness and sophistication.

The Burmese leader looks like a degenerate farmer negiotiating corn for US dollars. No wonder none of the leaders of Asian superpowers like China and Japan ever receive foreign diplomats wearing traditional crap. They know politics means business, and they can play dress up in their spare time with their wives.

Juxa   

No Chimera, how can you expect others to respect you if you cant proudly display dhaqankaada

DONT LET THE SUIT WEAR YOU

The Zack   

The fact that Macawis and go' are our traditional clothes is arguable. Which one belongs to us the suit or the macawis? LOL. I know Macawis comes from Indonesia/Malaysia and the suit comes from Iran, so which one is really ours? I say let's stay naked until we decide LOL.

peasant   

Macawis is as foreign as a suit and a tie. The two white sheets are definitely ours and complimentary slight modification to them such as wearing a white shirt or T-shirt with them is a plus.

Chimera   

Juxa;892283 wrote:
No Chimera, how can you expect others to respect you if you cant proudly display dhaqankaada

DONT LET THE SUIT WEAR YOU

There is a time and a place for that i.e Independence day celebrations, cultural festivals etc, if a foreign diplomat were to visit the capital on such a special day, then donning a traditional attire would make sense. However to wear it on a normal day is ridiculous, and a big problem amongst leaders of third world countries who can't seem to grasp that 'Politics' is an international tournament, a war, a game, a business. You're there to achieve maximum points, maximum victories, maximum gains and profits for your people and country. There is a universal dress-code amongst Politicians, much the same way there is a specific military uniform that is the universal dress-code amongst soldiers. There is no point in wearing a bilaawe and chain-mail just because a few centuries ago our ancestors used to do so.

In any case, the the ensemble piece the Somali chieftains wear is something no Somali leader should don when receiving a foreign diplomat. I'd prefer the majestic white clothing:

somalinomads.jpg

Chimera;892259 wrote:
The "suit" is the greatest male fashion ensemble piece of the last 10 thousand years. The Ancient Persians invented the trouser and coat, the Medieval Croatians gave birth to the tie, and the British combined all three and perfected it into the modern suit. There is nothing that can compare, nothing oozes the same professionalism, productiveness and sophistication.

The Burmese leader looks like a degenerate farmer negiotiating corn for US dollars. No wonder none of the leaders of Asian superpowers like China and Japan ever receive foreign diplomats wearing traditional crap. They know politics means business, and they can play dress up in their spare time with their wives.

look at this pro-western uncle tom. if you have a personal preference for the ''suit'' then fine but its not the greatest male fashion ensemble piece of the last 10,000 years adams.

Carafaat