Sign in to follow this  
Abtigiis

Should pro-Alshabaab views be banned on SOL?

Abtigiis.....You have made abundantly clear in your latest article your only object to the president is his perceived disposition towards his clan. You have in no uncertain terms expressed your own inclination of wanting Kismayo to be D-city; ironically something that has brought you, Duke and others together with exception of Gabbal who believes his tribe has upper hand and subdue everyone else. The basis of your argument is in itself derived from the tribal supremacy and hegemony at the expense of national cohesion, the very thing you are accusing the president. To pretend otherwise is simply dishonest. At least your Zack is honest and admits his support is entirely based on tribe.

A speaking of Madoobe, the man is warlord driven by economic interest and like any other smart warlord, he understands his tribe like any other are mules that's easily excited and manipulated and will do his work for him. And when he's done with them or chase out again by another force, he leaves them to their own devices but they still argue on his behalf. I remember another warlord by the name of Hiiraale chased out of the city. His mules defended him to the bitter end. I am not sure what did he exactly do for them?

p.s. I gave six months when factions in Kismayo start slitting each other's throats.

Jacpher   

If my memory serves me right, I don't think Che endorsed AS suicidal bombing and their heinous criminal enterprise. I suspect he fully understood the dangers of religious warlords than secular ones.

I wouldn't paint Che and Maaddeey in the same brush. Maaddeey is a man with strong clan conviction in religious disguise. He doesn't realize the verses and hadiths he's dragging in the mud. Maaddeey wax badan kama duwana ciyaalka niyadda laga xaday ee qoryaha u sida Godane except he is doing it from the comfort of his warm apartment. :D Ban this puppet.

Abtigiis   

Che, There is nothing wrong to side with your clan if you ar convinced they are wronged! Apparently you have this convulted idea that if you run away from a position taken by your clan, you are fair and objective. By the way, let me ask you. What is wrong if duke and my clan adminster Kismaayo?! Are they not one of the people who live there? You make it sound like they are coming down from the sky?!

I do not care about your childish accussations, but Somalia's real politics is based on clans and if that formula is violated somewhere right now it will trigger war. Does that mean I think clan is the right template? No. Do I think dismissing it is right now? No.

Jacpher....I haven't condone their actions against the civilians and they have failed horribly during the famine. They failed to setup administrations that could serve and moderate views. They were comfortably being rebels than being governors. Somalis need government but I would add this much, I will support Somali over foreigners for time has proven will come in to kill and destabilize even farther. People have such short memories of Tigray regime did in Somalia and continue to do in Somali-galbeed. And in honestly, I wish people will unite behind the government instead of chanting for tribal leaders.

Abtigiis...What if your clan is wrong which I believ is the case now.

Abtigiis   

Let us talk legally then. Do regions have the right to form regional adminstrations according to the Federal Constitution? It you tell me yes, than what is wrong with forming a Jubbaland. If President Hassan first lobbies parliament to ammend the current constitution so that Federalism is abolished and you still find me rooting for a regional clan state, then you catch me red-handed. Let us play by the law, that is my argument.

Mijd you, that you think my clan is wrong does not mean that is the case. It is only one among millions of views.

Abtigiis....Regional administration or Federal Member States as they are called in the Constitution are formed with the consultation of the Federal Government and has to be approved by the Federal Parliament. The Government has monopoly over any region of original 18 that is not member of Federal State. Gedo and Juba are CURRENTLY not part of any Federal Member State:

No single region can stand alone. Until such time as a region merges with another region(s) to form

a new Federal Member State, a region shall be directly administered by the Federal Government for

a maximum period of two years. Chapter 5 Article 48.2

Furthermore,

The number and boundaries of the Federal Member States shall be determined by the House of the

People of the Federal Parliament.Chapter 5 Article 49.1

In addition to that,

The House of the People of the Federal Parliament, before determining the number and

boundaries of the Federal Member States, shall nominate a national commission which shall study

the issue, and submit a report of its findings with recommendations to the House of the People of

the Federal Parliament.Chapter 5 Article 49.1

Considering the powers bestowed on the Federal Institutions by the Constitution; it is silly to accuse any body of the Federal Government for intervening.

And I will be repeat, as it stands now. Juba or Gedo is not part of any Federal Member State and hence subject to direct rule from Mogadishu.

I think these knee-jerk reactions and rants need to cease. Those involved in forming Jubaland must engage the Government and the Federal Parliament.

Che,

You've constitutionally proven your point! It seems the FG President is on solid legal grounds. My prediction is that both the UK and the U.S. wil back his position & we'll see the Kenyans and their Ras Kamboni militia back down (diplomatic pressure applied by the U.S. & U.K.). The refusal to grant an entry to the FG delegation was a major miscalculation on Ahmed Madoobe's part (and by extension his Kenyan handlers).

However, Abtigiis is correct in that Hassan has not brought a workable alternative. Punting the ball to parliamentary committees with no functional capacities will only open the door to renewed Al Shabaab encroachment into the area.

We will see shortly how this plays out.

Mintid...Hassan has yet to bring any workable solution. That much, I agree but I do wish 'tolka' would refrain from throwing histy fits and act reasonably and not fall for the arguments of men who are only interested in securing Kismayo's ports for themselves without any accountability. How long will Somalis continue being mules for these people? If you gonna support someone, at-least see to it your support bears some fruit. Any process in Juba should be inclusive and be in tandem with the Federal Institutions. The Constitution in other articles emphasizes cooperation and identifies resource and power sharing.

p.s. My worries with the president is actually based on his inability to form the Government and win support from the Parliament, The only competent person seems to be Speaker Jawahir. To me, Kismayo is sideshow now that's being whipped by 'tolka'.

I expect the Western donors to force an accommodation between the Kenyans and the Mogadishu-based FG with Ras Kamboni sidelined....

While the West wants to buttress the nascent, 'baby' government in Mogadishu, the Kenyans hold powerful cards as the only force capable of keeping Al Shabaab out of Kismayo.

^If the past is any indication, that might just happen or at-least something close to it. In the end, Soomaalida wax farahooda ku jira iska yar. The little they control is used to divide.

Abtigiis   

The Government has monopoly over any region of original 18 that is not member of Federal State. Gedo and Juba are CURRENTLY not part of any Federal Member State

you agree this is your interpretation. it is not a clause from the constitution. let us now go into the next clauses and expose your fraud and legal blindness.

And I will be repeat, as it stands now. Juba or Gedo is not part of any Federal Member State and hence subject to direct rule from Mogadishu

Where is the clause that says "any two regions which are not already part of a regional adminstration come under the Federal government and cannot establish a new regional state? Where? In your chicken brian? or in the constitution?

No single region can stand alone.
Until such time as a region merges with another region(s) to form

a new Federal Member State, a region shall be directly administered by the Federal Government for

a maximum period of two years. Chapter 5 Article 48.2

We are AT SUCH TIME! get the point. There are two regions who are preparing to merge. You must be careful when reading legal documents. Each letter has its own significiance. "Until such time" here is until two regions agree to form a regional state and that is what the Jubbaland process is about! Meeshu waa sharci waxa laga hadlayaa ee Warsamaa yidhi way ila tahay,iyo ganbadii cudbi baa sheegtay ma aha!

The number and boundaries of the Federal Member States shall be determined by the House of the

People of the Federal Parliament.Chapter 5 Article 49.1

Fine! this says nothing relvant for this topic. The House of the People will look into regions that submit proposals for recognition and will pass verdict on it. So, you and President Culusow cannot start Isbaaro right now. There are other articles that you wilfully ignored that prejudice this one and define how two regions can come togather and the process they should follow.

The House of the People of the Federal Parliament, before determining the number and

boundaries of the Federal Member States, shall nominate a national commission which shall study

the issue, and submit a report of its findings with recommendations to the House of the People of

the Federal Parliament.Chapter 5 Article 49.1

This is talking about nominating a national commission. Taas Jubbaland waxay kala siman tahay Puntland and the other existing regions. It does not support you fraud here.

Now, what more fraud and JX 87.3331/qodobka 4 nuqulka 8 bambooziling are you going to come up?