Sign in to follow this  
Carafaat

We can share all of Somalia not just Muqdisho

Carafaat   

Some proponents of clan federalism have discovered that the clan federalism in Somalia would have some negative and undesired consequences. It would mean that the capital Muqdisho would become a city owned by Unuka, light skinned and the crazy Habro people. I agree that this is a terrifying thought indeed.

So there for they propose the idea of Muqdisho asa city shared and owned by all Somalis. A great idea indeed to share the ownership of a piece of the country. I suggest we embrace this idea and share the ownership of the whole country not just Muqdisho.

You do realize persuading Somalis to embrace "sharing all of Somalia" is going to take generations. It's not like Reer Hiiraan wants to share with Reer Nugaal or Reer Gedo.

It's not gonna happen. Stop being unrealistic.

However, we can get Somalis to share their capital city, and as peace and stability return to the country, Somalis would start to see themselves as One Nation, but this is gonna take decades.

Carafaat   

DoctorKenney;878699 wrote:
You do realize persuading Somalis to embrace "sharing all of Somalia" is going to take
generations
. It's not like Reer Hiiraan wants to share with Reer Nugaal or Reer Gedo.

It's not gonna happen. Stop being unrealistic.

However, we can get Somalis to share their capital city, and as peace and stability return to the country, Somalis would start to see themselves as One Nation, but this is gonna take decades.

Sxb reer Hiiraan and reer Bosasso are more reasonable then Unuka and the crazy Habro. I am sure if one convince the Muqdisho folks, the rest of the Nation wont be an issue.

so come up with a better argument.

Apophis;878702 wrote:
Maybe all the major cities should be owned and run by the federal government. This way none can claim an important city for themselves.

Or maybe we should form 1 Federal State which invites all Somalis to live and work. Every Qabiil is welcome. I'm thinking we form this State in the Middle Shabelle or Galgaduud area

This Federal State would definitely be the most vibrant and wealthy State in the Somali Union. This may set an example to Somalis of other regions, and then they would also invite Somalis of all clans to live and work.

That's actually a pretty good idea

Arafaat what is more reasonble then turning against ''Keyga lihi kaagana kula lihi'' Ama taako kasto waa la qeybsanaa ama nin walba goofkiisa asaa maamulayo, im sure Puntlander and somalilanders would have done the same marka been beenta naga daaya yaakhey

This argument is the most trifling and frivolous ever.

The capital status of Mogadishu will not be determined by any one particular segment of Somali society, be it Unuka or any other clan, but rather by the effectiveness and inclusiveness of the current and future governments of the Somali Republic.

So gentlemen, desist from this type of girlish bickering!

Somalia   

Carafaat - No one is against Unuka having Mogadishu, it's the status of capital that is in question because how can Unuka be Unuka yet have that status, I am afraid that is just not logical.

So I propose along with others to have the South African system of 3 different capitals based on the branches of government. And then they can remain their Unuka forever, it's their right to be Unuka, I like Unuka, it's all about Unuka, you Unuka me? :D

Showqi   

I really don't understand why you guys make big deal about Reagans! It's okay to say I was born that city or my parents are from that province but you can not claim a city or entire province waxaasi waa waali iyo nacasnimo. Even if we give you the city or the entire province what are you gonna do with it? Wixiinu waa xin iyo xaasidnomo oo Soomaalida kale waxba uma ogolidin:(

Yunis   

Somalia;878779 wrote:
No one is against Unuka having Mogadishu, it's the status of capital that is in question because how can Unuka be Unuka yet have that status, I am afraid that is just not logical.

Cajeeb, Mr Somalia Made some sense today...

To put it plainly, Xamar as capital has 16 districts, various administrations, and the entire Banadir region all run by a single clan - who can deny this fact? But, for Xamar to stay the legitimate capital for all, and for other Somalis to buy into a shared destiny of Mogadishu being the seat of power again, it’s vitally important that the current status quote be changed or revised, before it’s too late. It’s no wonder, that you’d see no plan or discussion in repatriation of stolen land and properties in Mogadishu to their rightful owners.