Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

SOL Expectations from new admin...

If, within the four year period, the new admin reorganizes the National Central Bank of Somalia to its full capacity as an effective tool to manage the monetary policies of the state and a facilitator of commerce for Somali merchants, in my book they will be registered as heroes.

Chimera   

DoctorKenney;877767 wrote:
Don't you think this is a little unrealistic? Nation building takes decades my friend. Somalia is in serious need of it.

To paraphrase Mary Harper; Somalia was a failed 'state', not a failed 'country'. What your referring to is 'state-building', not 'nation-building', because we already have a single language, a single ethnic identity, and a single religion. Nothing about my 'expectation' is unrealistic, the infrastructure is in place and needs to upgraded. There is a vibrant private sector ready to invest. The schools only need to be 'reopened' and the attendancy rates will rocket. Cleaner hospitals and better care will see death-rates fall. A good taxation system will generate billions for the national budget. The distribution lines of the agricultural sector to the ports only need to be re-established and there will be a boom. Plenty of Somali shipping companies based in East Africa and Dubai that could lease or buy that many ships to give us a substantial merchant marine. FDI can be attracted by aggressive teams of Somali lobbyists speaking Mandarin and Arabic.

The only thing that is needed to kick-start all of this is stability

Chimera;877798 wrote:
To paraphrase Mary Harper; Somalia was a failed 'state', not a failed 'country'. What your referring to is 'state-building', not 'nation-building', because we already have a single language, a single ethnic identity, and a single religion. Nothing about my 'expectation' is unrealistic, the infrastructure is in place and needs to upgraded. There is a vibrant private sector ready to invest. The schools only need to be 'reopened' and the attendancy rates will rocket. Cleaner hospitals and better care will see death-rates fall. A good taxation system will generate billions for the national budget. The distribution lines of the agricultural sector to the ports only need to be re-established and there will be a boom. Plenty of Somali shipping companies based in East Africa and Dubai that could lease or buy that many ships to give us a substantial merchant marine. FDI can be attracted by aggressive teams of Somali lobbyists speaking Mandarin and Arabic.

The only thing that is needed to kick-start all of this is
stability

I understand that the Somali people have the same ethnicity, language, culture, and religion.....but yet we still don't see each other as one people. A classic example is the numerous clan militias which are springing up in the "Jubbaland" region. If they were sincere in working towards a stable Somalia....why won't they incorporate their soldiers into the Somali National Army.... I will elaborate more on this in a few days my friend.

Carafaat   

AYOUB;877622 wrote:
Duke I expect defeated Pirates to return home and contest Faroole's one year extension.
:)

:D Duke already declared war against Faroole as soon as Abdiwali was out of the race.