Sign in to follow this  
AfricaOwn

Somaliland multiparty system and tribalism. The rebirth of tribalism

People need to stop imitating democratic systems in the west and start creating there own. I'd rather have a freely elected non party system where qualified technocrats can run ( 100 elected officials in a well balanced electoral map).

It always happens in the Somali context .... from 1960 till now.

We had the same situation in 2001 and it was pound to happen again. It is a transitional thing and will disappear once the final 3 parties are elected ... then everyone should line with one of the three.

N.O.R.F   

Any political process will be tribal in nature at the start. Whether its SL Democracy or Somalia's Parliament. Do you guys think Labour/Conservative/Democrat/Republican parties started out as ideologies alone? They were all tribal/class in nature at the start. In 200 years things will look different in Somaliland/Somalia. Just let things happen.

Taleexi   

Jacaylbaro;877871 wrote:
It always happens in the Somali context .... from 1960 till now.

We had the same situation in 2001 and it was pound to happen again. It is a transitional thing and will disappear once the final 3 parties are elected ... then everyone should line with one of the three.

3-da habrood.

Ibtisam   

People dont get too upset, I keep noticing how some of political parties who realized they wont get enough votes have already thrown their weight with one of the other ones instead of kicking up a fuzz.

Wadani baa waata the next election- I will be the first SOLer who has ever called it right. :D