Sign in to follow this  
Alpha Blondy

Alpha's Troll and Cantarbaqash Corner LOL

Haatu   

SomaliPhilosopher;981220 wrote:
Alpha, Uzak was a very beautiful film with great candid shots. It was very raw and human. The most brilliant scene to me was when he was dreaming and was awoken by the falling of the floor lamp in his living room. I had a roommate once who would habitually find himself falling in his dream causing him to abruptly wake up. Apparently from him I learned this is a common sensation among people.
With Mahmut, I found his distant and inanimate nature has led this common sensation of of one awaking from falling in his sleep to manifest in a lamp,something external, something inanimate and spiritless, falling in his place. With this, it makes sense that he is a photographer huh? It was most certainly a wonderful film.

And how do you get all of this from a 10 second clip? Sometimes I wonder with people. Perhaps I too should become a cultural critic, but not in the sense that Alpha claims. I found individuals like our esteemed SP here very strange. They go out of their way to find obscurity upon obscurity so they may seem "cultured" and "well-rounded". In my humble opinion, it's little more than another manifestation of their innate "holier than thou" attitude and outlook on life. They could all do with a humble dose of reality. As you were.

Alpha Blondy;981224 wrote:
1383613_578184775550664_2090022223_n.jpg

BIG up my boy Khadar. Congrats and hambalyo. apologies for not making your coronation. don't let the family down, fam, ma garatay?
:D

He looks like he's 13yrs old, what kinda 'Caleemo Saar' is this? :)

I think this is probably's another Alpha's trolling. There is no way this guy could be in any position of power.

Haatu;981225 wrote:
And how do you get all of this from a 10 second clip? Sometimes I wonder with people. Perhaps I too should become a cultural critic, but not in the sense that Alpha claims. I found individuals like our esteemed SP here very strange. They go out of their way to find obscurity upon obscurity so they may seem "cultured" and "well-rounded". In my humble opinion, it's little more than another manifestation of their innate "holier than thou" attitude and outlook on life. They could all do with a humble dose of reality. As you were.

:D:D

K.O to pseudo cultural critics. ;)

Haatu;981225 wrote:

:D:D

K.O to pseudo cultural critics. ;)

Safferz   

Good morning y'all :D

(I know it's not morning for most of you in this thread, but it's morning in the best time zone ever, and that's all that matters)

A deconstruction & analysis of Haatu's commentary

Haatu;981225 wrote:
And
how
do you get
all
of this from a 10 second
clip
?

The use of "how" is used to convey shock and surprise. The diction of "all" further reaffirms this by expressing Haatu's inability to grasp the power of analysis. Do take note of Haatu's strong interest in the sciences and math as it provides proper context to this analysis. "Clip" has a negative connotation as it demotes the significance and meaning of the scene. This is done to frame his argument.

Haatu;981225 wrote:
Sometimes
I
wonder
with people. Perhaps I too should become a cultural critic, but not in the sense that Alpha claims.

"Sometimes" shows that this sense of unfamiliarity with analysis appears to be a trend In Haatu's life. The word "wonder" is used to denote the subject of "people", those with the ability to analyze, as strange and alien. The second sentence is fairly ambiguous and unfortunately cannot be deciphered. Though his use of the word "claim" in reference to Alpha appears to show some skepticism and doubt on Alpha as a 'cultural critic'.

Haatu;981225 wrote:
I
found
individuals like our
esteemed
SP here very strange.

In such context, grammatically it is written "find" not "found", though perhaps deviating from conventional rules is a means of satirizing the culture critic. Haatu's use of "esteem", a clever form of irony, deviates from the simple word choice used in the previous sentences.

Haatu;981225 wrote:
They go out of their way to find
obscurity upon obscurity
so they may seem
"cultured" and "well-rounded"
. In
my humble
opinion, it's little more than another manifestation of their innate
"holier than thou"
attitude and outlook on life.

The last two sentences varies in form of syntax from Haatu's other sentences. Haatu is no longer able to hold back and remain stoic regarding his beliefs on this matter. This section is the heart and backbone of Haatu's piece. Here Haatu expresses the purpose of these 'strange' people is to appear 'cultured' and 'well-rounded'. He also characterizes them as arrogant. The repetition of "obscurity" is quite clever as it mocks and satires these people Haatu finds strange further strengthening his case. "Humble" is used to juxtapose Haatu with the 'strange people', which he has characterized as arrogant. Though this is ironic because casting judgement is not very humble.

Haatu;981225 wrote:
They could all do with a
humble dose of reality

Here Haatu's use of a cliche provides context to this written piece. The use of a cliche is used in stark contrast to the motifs of Haatu's piece which he demonizes such as 'originality' 'creativity' and 'analyzing'.

Haatu;981225 wrote:
As you were

Here Haatu reverts back to short sentences, his most common form of syntax. This is done in opposite effect of his previous two sentences. He has successfully completed his outpouring and is now emotionally fulfilled allowing him to embrace his natural state of being stoic. *Please take note Haatu grew up in the arid lands of Northern Kenya where emotion and sensitivity is frowned upon..

As you were...

Haatu   

SomaliPhilosopher;981242 wrote:
A deconstruction & analysis of Haatu's commentary

The use of "how" is used to convey shock and surprise. The diction of "all" further reaffirms this by expressing Haatu's inability to grasp the power of analysis. Do take note of Haatu's strong interest in the sciences and math as it provides proper context to this analysis. "Clip" has a negative connotation as it demotes the significance and meaning of the scene. This is done to frame his argument.

"Sometimes" shows that this sense of unfamiliarity with analysis appears to be a trend In Haatu's life. The word "wonder" is used to denote the subject of "people", those with the ability to analyze, as strange and alien. The second sentence is fairly ambiguous and unfortunately cannot be deciphered. Though his use of the word "claim" in reference to Alpha appears to show some skepticism and doubt on Alpha as a 'cultural critic'.

In such context, grammatically it is written "find" not "found", though perhaps deviating from conventional rules is a means of satirizing the culture critic. Haatu's use of "esteem", a clever form of irony, deviates from the simple word choice used in the previous sentences.

The last two sentences varies in form of syntax from Haatu's other sentences. Haatu is no longer able to hold back and remain stoic regarding his beliefs on this matter. This section is the heart and backbone of Haatu's piece. Here Haatu expresses the purpose of these 'strange' people is to appear 'cultured' and 'well-rounded'. He also characterizes them as arrogant. The repetition of "obscurity" is quite clever as it mocks and satires these people Haatu finds strange further strengthening his case. "Humble" is used to juxtapose Haatu with the 'strange people', which he has characterized as arrogant. Though this is ironic because casting judgement is not very humble.

Here Haatu's use of a cliche provides context to this written piece. The use of a cliche is used in stark contrast to the motifs of Haatu's piece which he demonizes such as 'originality' 'creativity' and 'analyzing'.

Here Haatu reverts back to short sentences, his most common form of syntax. This is done in opposite effect of his previous two sentences. He has successfully completed his outpouring and is now emotionally fulfilled allowing him to embrace his natural state of being stoic. *Please take note Haatu grew up in the arid lands of Northern Kenya where emotion and sensitivity is frowned upon..

As you were...

I'm impressed you were able to accurately capture the hidden message of my short piece. I normally use prose as a conduit for bashing the fickle rabble but you prove to be quite clever. In my defence though, the grammatical error you were able to spot is a result of me not proof-reading.

If we look at your analysis in another light, one may deduce that the writer of the original piece is a clever enough little fellow to have conveyed so much in so little. You flatter me, SP.

Safferz   

I'm stressed :( Dragging my feet to get started on a really important application, I need to have a draft proposal out of the way by tonight so I can get things moving. I don't know why I procrastinate on the things that matter, it's like an anxiety response for me lol

Haatu   

Apophis;981265 wrote:
Hidden message
kulaha, you're a jarhead and we both know it sxb
;)

I heard Sarkhaan Iley is giving the Dayuusbara free land around Godey. Why don't you do something useful and go get me a plot ;) (I know this is like asking you to fit a camel into the eye of a needle :D).