Sign in to follow this  
nuune

Official Champions League thread - 2008/2009

WingA   

oz, norf are the real sports fans.. i think the rest are soar losers and didnt even congratulate but i dont care United are in the final and about make history.. we smoke them like shisha.. and even the fans had enough at 60 mins gone..

A Walk in the Park..

Thanks..

1-0 chelsea.. nice goal from my boy essien..

WingA   

I was expecting a tough game but i knew a goal or two would kill off arsenal and we got what we deserved on the night..

You guys talk of young and experience but you don't have that hunger to succeed no matter what and we destroyed you in your own back yard.. It feel so sweet..

Thats football and be humble in defeat.. Like Raul after that el classico beating because we played off the park..

Bless..

WingA   

Heartbreak for Chelsea and its Man Utd Vs Barcelona in the Champions League Final..

Sweet..

nuune   

Chelsea behaved badly at the end, which is total disgraceful, Drogba should be banned from football completely, he is arrogant!

You don't rely on defendin the whole 90 minute to win the match, the better team won and fully deserved indeed.

kudos to Messi, he worked hard.

BOB   

Originally posted by nuune:

Drogba should be banned from football completely, he is arrogant!

What about Carragher...That man shouldn't even be allowed to come anywhere near football pitch never mind being a player but then again in your eyes he's a saint since he's a Liverpool player...sooma aha? :D

Waxaad tahay racist...maxaad u magacaabi weyday Ballack who made a contact with the referee while Drogba didn't... :D

I think Chelsea were done by UEFA...I always thought the english refs were joke but this norwegian dude is the biggest joker since the guy who reffed between Italy Vs South Korea in 02 World Cup.

Platini is sick of the Premier league sight and I wouldn't be surprised if Barcelona got favourable decisions in the final...they seem to be the flavour of the month.

Peace, Love & Unity.

nuune   

BOB :D:D , Chelsea can live without Drogba sxb, he is bad example to the millions of kids out there tryin to be footballers

Laakin Ballack didn't come to the front of the camera to say "f%&kin disgracefull" loudly, millions of people heard him utter that pointin his fingers like he is eatin fish :D

Now we have two classic teams in the final, but anyway, even if Chelsea were to win, United aa sugeeso, just like last year, a borin match, now we have world class final in a world class city smile.gif

Oz   

Originally posted by *BOB:

I think Chelsea were done by UEFA...I always thought the english refs were joke but this norwegian dude is the biggest joker since the guy who reffed between Italy Vs South Korea in 02 World Cup.

Platini is sick of the Premier league sight and I wouldn't be surprised if Barcelona got favourable decisions in the final...they seem to be the flavour of the month.

Peace, Love & Unity.

Bob, spot on here, it has been engineered by Platini and UEFA to destroy all English final that would hurt them so much.

nuune, you need to put yourself in their shoes. The Champions League Final is the absolute pinnacle of football. They were heartbroken last year, and missing out this year might have meant they won't get the chance again in their career,No chance, when a ref is as poor as that they deserve every bit of abuse they get.

My piece: Chelsea should have had 2 pens tonight, no one could deny that, though the Abidal red card was questionable and Barca could have very easily had a penalty at the Nou Camp when Henry was tugged back, it was identical to what Toure did on the Chelsea player tonight, I think United will win the final, Barca can be vulnerable defensively, though having said that, football is a strange game at times. For both Fletcher and Abidal to miss the Final because you cannot appeal a red card(especially when it is dubious like that) is ridiculous (especially Fletcher).

N.O.R.F   

The ref was disgrace. The same one who did the Liv vs Chelsea game last year. Can't believe he refs at that level. Chelsea very unlucky and should be in the final. Its one thing losing but quite another when it's because of the refs.

Its United's to lose.

Abtigiis   

Justice for the beautiful game and the ultimate punishment of negative football. It is always difficult to break down 8-9 men defending, and Barca did play well. Essien's goal was spectacular but even he was surprsied. It was pure luck. It could have gone anywhere. Hiddinki is reviving the ugly footaball of the past, and is playing like the Argentina team of 1990.

The refree made two crucial mistakes. One penalty to chelsea (not two, not three) and that is the one that hit Pique's hand. The other is the unjust sending off of Abidal. On balance, the sending off happpened at a time Barca was finding openings against the tiring Chelsea defence. The crowd wanted to infuence the game and the psychologist Norwegian refree refused to be arm-twisted.

It is sad when few counter attacks are seen as being playing well. Chelsea wanted to win by defending at HOME and it tells you, even themselves, know they are no match to Barca's flair.

Drogba must be banned for life, and Ballack should get one year suspension.

N.O.R.F   

^Defending is an art and should not be down played. Barca can't defend to save their lives and will lose in the final. Man Utd can defend AND attack. THAT is beautiful football.

Fabregas   

chelsea are tellingt tales. UEFa is anti english. platini fixed it. we shoulda had 3 penalities. what a load of nonsense. war nimanku wa racist elen. some chelsea fans even think the refree sent the barca player off so as to make it look balanced. wth, the refree sent of another play from a team- but he was still chearting?

there was only one clear penalty in that game- which was the pique handball. the others were 50-50 chances, just like Barcelona had two penalty calls in the first game. In fact, the ballack foul in the first game was exactly the same as the one Alves did. I think they had another one, but Drogba is always diving, and perhaps when it is not a clear foul refrees are reluctant to give fouls because of diving tactics.

Chelsea lost because Drogba didn't take his chances. both in the first and last night.

norf, barcelona can did defend-albeit not as good as the british teams- but you have to remember they had puyol, marques, and milito out. all in all, a very good result for football. chelsea vs manu would have been an attrocious final. ha ha.

Originally posted by Al Zeylaci:

chelsea are tellingt tales. UEFa is anti english.

anti london me thinks, then again we are our own country

Oz   

Originally posted by Al Zeylaci:

chelsea are tellingt tales. UEFa is anti english. platini fixed it. we shoulda had 3 penalities. what a load of nonsense. war nimanku wa racist elen. some chelsea fans even think the refree sent the barca player off so as to make it look balanced. wth, the refree sent of another play from a team- but he was still chearting?

I agree with everything apart from this ^^^. did you watch the game really. when Abidal was sent off the game was even harder. you cannot deny that UEFA are tired to see English teams in the finals and they can't stand that yaa Al_zee.

Originally posted by Norf 2:

^I just hope we beat you even if we don't qualify for the semis.

we beat Liverpool that was enough for me. LOL

Abtigiis   

Norf, you are wrong. Barcelona can defend but it has always been the case that attack-minded teams were vulnerable at the back. Man u can defend? with vidic and Rio?kkkkkkkkk!! let us wait and see!

NGONGE   

^^ Barca were utter rubbish in that game. They had 70% of the possession and only ONE shot on target (ok, it resulted in a goal but ONE shot on target ALL night?). Chelsea should have won that game.

Still, who cares. Looks like a nice set up for united to win again.

Here is some funny picture:

312e1sl.gif