Sign in to follow this  
Alpha Blondy

A Candlelight Vigil: Show Your Support to Alpha Who Is Under Arrest in Somaliland

i'm currently under arrest after threatening someone this morning. surprisingly there is wireless access where i'm currently being held. my spirits are up but i'm being held in terrible and appallingly conditions. there are rapists, murders and all sorts of criminals here.

i hope through your dedicated support that Amnesty International can hear my plight.

Xaaji Xunjuf;872268 wrote:
What about pirates have u seen pirates

lol@XX,

not entirely sure. there are many with strange sounding accents here, possibly reer bari, who stress certain vowels. they have black skins and do have the stereotypical pirate look - gaunt, red-eyed and skinny.

Jacaylbaro;872271 wrote:
You are held in terrible and appallingly conditions with wireless Internet and computer ?? ,,,,
:D

sorry connection was cut off. its been reconnected now after i threw together some nicely worded statements of the human rights kind. JB, i do not need to remind you about the effective and fast internet access here in somaliland. somcable's high speed fiber optic network will make internet access virtual free for all.

18:30 UPDATE

my lawyers just arrived. the police are asking for a bail and a guarantor. i've put down $150 and the guarantor is a personal close friend of the highest calibre. i'll wait and see until tomorrow morning, before deciding how to proceed. i'll stand before the judge and they'll decide how best to settle this most unfortunate incident. i thank you for your support and encouragement. its been a difficult period and inshallah kheyr.

JB, being a law-abiding citizen, i'd assume you've probably never come face to face with the dark side of the law. Hargeisa central prison is internationally compliant and 5 of the city's' local police station cells meet basic standards. i have no complaints at ALL. this has been an exhausting ordeal and i will look back at this experience with fond memories and a sympathetic understanding of the plight of those who continue to suffer from the lack of justice.