Sign in to follow this  
Carafaat

Why do you want a Union between Somaliland and Somalia?

Carafaat   

The big difference between all these groups and S/L is that they (the groups) are not seeking to establish their own states;
they have a veryshort term objective and Ethiopia is willing to assist
them with their aims. Now
S/L, has a much longer termed objective
and it thus sees Ethiopia, the natural enemy of Somalia, as a friend who it can assist with its objectives (never seeing a strong united Somalis) and thus further their own. But all this is, of course, late night conjecture.

Indeed, its late night reflection. But still to me its the same. All these groups have certain objectives and Ethiopia in return uses them to fulfill its own long term objective(Somalias division).

Nontheless, we seem to agree Somalis should have one united and strong foreign affairs policy, whatever the internal relations of Somaliland and Somalia is.

Apophis;869244 wrote:
Of course it's possible that there could be an alliance but it would have to be a very strong one. Something akin to what we see in Europe, would S/L accept such an alliance? I don't know but I hope so.

The big difference between all these groups and S/L is that they (the groups) are not seeking to establish their own states; they have a very short term objective and Ethiopia is willing to assist them with their aims. Now S/L, has a much longer termed objective and it thus sees Ethiopia, the natural enemy of Somalia, as a friend who it can assist with its objectives (never seeing a strong united Somalis) and thus further their own.

But all this is, of course, late night conjecture.

Ethiopia actually sees both Somaliland and Somalia as its natural enemy remember SL/ Somalia fought under one command against Ethiopians in 1977. And the attack on northern Ethiopia in the 16 century was launched from Somaliland at that time the Empire was called Walashma Dynasty VS the Ethiopian Solomonic dynasty. Ethiopia neither wants to see Somaliland and Somalia united as one country nor do they want Somaliland to be separate and be a recognized state neighboring Somalia. Nor do they want to see a strong effective Somalia they will always try to play Somalis against each other and they did a pretty good job the past 21 years unfortunately.

oba hiloowlow;869255 wrote:
ninkii MMA ka sheekeynaye maa tahay oo mar dagaaladdii ceydiid iyo ali mahdi ka yiri qabw iyo kuleyl midna iguma hayo

:D:D:D

waad iga qoslisay OBA

Carafaat   

Che -Guevara;869264 wrote:
^As long as he's not in our neighborhood, that's fine.

I would definetly choose for Somalia. I am born and bred in Xamar sxb.

So definetly I would choose Niiko above Buranbuur. :D

Carafaat   

Nin-Yaaban;869254 wrote:
Personally, i could care less. It doesn't affect me one way or the other.

Come on man. You are Somali. I am sure you an opinion or preference. You cant be that cold.

The Zack   

Define Somaliland. If you mean parts togdheer and majority waqooyi galbeed and they want to secede..i am all for it. I say have a nice life!